IGNORED

Đurić

petehinton

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I wonder if he might actually become a regular goalscorer with us. I know he hardly scored any in Italy, but English football might suit him and he might find himself scoring a lot more in this league than what he did previously. I imagine you get a good ball in, and he will be able to nod it in like today. Thought last season that 1.5 million could be a bargain for this guy. How many target men win everything in the air, but are also technically gifted like this guy. If he adds goals to his game, then he aint really missing anything that an Andy Carroll has. 

apart from a man-bun :photo:

First time I've seen him for any length of time live. What really impressed is that not only does him win everything in the air but he also invariably found a City player.  No aimless flick ons.  And he gives us an entirely different option and way to play when required.

23 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I wonder if he might actually become a regular goalscorer with us. I know he hardly scored any in Italy, but English football might suit him and he might find himself scoring a lot more in this league than what he did previously. I imagine you get a good ball in, and he will be able to nod it in like today. Thought last season that 1.5 million could be a bargain for this guy. How many target men win everything in the air, but are also technically gifted like this guy. If he adds goals to his game, then he aint really missing anything that an Andy Carroll has. 

He`s already paid a lot of that back - the winner v Rotherham last season, killing the Palace game off (probably worth £1.5m on its own) and the winner today.

Much more to come from him too I think.

7 goals in 14 for Bosnia suggests he's the real deal. Don't think he'll ever be a prolific goalscorer for us, but he doesn't have to. Personally I think we need him to continue getting involved in goals like the one Taylor scored against Palace - completely shook up a Premier League defence who until then, was having far too easy a match. Sounds as if he did great again today off the bench.

25 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Only problem is given his size he is more likely to get injured. IMO Andy Carroll is a fantastic target man probably the best on the country but struggles to stay fit.

Carroll's injuries are sometimes alleged to be related to a less than professional lifestyle.

I wonder if Milan might prove to have a touch of the Paul Cheesley about him. Not just a great header of the ball but an all round centre forward.

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

What a dark horse of a gem he could turn out to be this season. Changed both games that he’s been in already this season. Wins absolutely everything in the air.

Cant wait to see him go to battle with the Cardiff defence next Saturday. :clapping:

#haircutschangeplayers

Hashtag of the week:clapping:

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Carroll's injuries are sometimes alleged to be related to a less than professional lifestyle.

I wonder if Milan might prove to have a touch of the Paul Cheesley about him. Not just a great header of the ball but an all round centre forward.

I will take the new Paul Cheesley all day. 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

What a dark horse of a gem he could turn out to be this season. Changed both games that he’s been in already this season. Wins absolutely everything in the air.

Cant wait to see him go to battle with the Cardiff defence next Saturday. :clapping:

#haircutschangeplayers

He has a bit of Andy Carroll about him but with ability 

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

#haircutschangeplayers

See next

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Milan v Sol Bamba should be interesting to say the least!

Milan battered him last season, it was our defence that let us down that day.  I’d never seen Bamba be dominated before, but he was more Bambi than Bambam that day.  Seemed to have added mobility since returning from getting his injury sorted, hopefully once and for all.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Now that would be something.

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

Always thought he could be a top player. 

Without trying to provoke any arguments, for me, Đurić is 10 times the player Diedhiou is. 

Don’t under-estimate Diedhiou’s contribution.  Ever wondered what they might be like together!  From what I read and listened to on the radio, two little’uns didn’t work today.  Wilbs and Smith weren’t a bad ‘two big uns’ partnership.

Archived