IGNORED

Big Rivalry?!

mozo

There's a Welsh elephant in the room...

I don't hear much about Cardiff, which surprises me because they are our only genuine neighbourly rival these days and we're both sitting pretty at the top end of the table.

Add Warnock and Tomlin to the mix and you'd think there would be rotten vegetables being lobbed over the Severn estuary.

Surely it is imperative that we finish higher than them this season?!

Surely next weekend is huuuuuuuuuuge?!

Whilst I dislike Cardiff - they’re Welsh.  Bottles of piss at Ninian. Historic violence etc. Plus the added interest of Colin and Tubby this season, personally I only consider the Gas to be our rivals.

Surely any rival has to come from the same city otherwise it’s all a bit “Swindon” isn’t it 

Appreciate it’s the gap’s 17th birthday today and they’re light years away from us in every conceivable way but, for me, they’re our true rivals. 

Obviously still want to smash the taffs on Saturday and will be giving the sausage roll snorter plenty. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

I'd agree.

Loads on here still think that its Bristol Rovers, I'm sorry but its been feckin' years they dont talk about us anymore why still the love in?

Today its Cardiff, the cu...idiots :)

Is this a joke?

The only time they don't talk about us is if we've won.

Draw or lose and they don't shut the **** up. They we're mocking us for drawing with Burton the other week...a Championship club.

Rovers are a joke of a club, so are Cardiff. It's just that Cardiff have provided far more competition on the pitch than Rovers in the last 2 decades.

I almost feel sorry for rovers, they're our feeder club after all... * 

Now Cardiff, I fishing hate them - the Warnock, Earnshaw, Kavanagh ####

( * can't stand either if them to be honest - went to school in North Bristol during the early/mid 90s and it was tough at times during those seasons...!)

8 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Is this a joke?

The only time they don't talk about us is if we've won.

Draw or lose and they don't shut the **** up. They we're mocking us for drawing with Burton the other week...a Championship club.

Rovers are a joke of a club, so are Cardiff. It's just that Cardiff have provided far more competition on the pitch than Rovers in the last 2 decades.

Admittedly I dont visit their forum often, but I see no mention of them talk/laughing about our loss vs Leeds last week, and they certainly do not have a 542 page thread about us!

1 minute ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Admittedly I dont visit their forum often, but I see no mention of them talk/laughing about our loss vs Leeds last week, and they certainly do not have a 530 page thread about us!

Does that matter?    :dunno:

We all know they hate being in our shadow and I can understand that but do I care?  Not in the slightest.

Just now, Robbored said:

Does that matter?    :dunno:

We all know they hate being in our shadow and I can understand that but do I care?  Not in the slightest.

Nor do I, but I do feel its a little ridiculous though.

Clevedon and Weston have huge rivalry, none of us talk about it... Actually we cant because Weston doesnt even have a fans forum anymore.

7 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Admittedly I dont visit their forum often, but I see no mention of them talk/laughing about our loss vs Leeds last week, and they certainly do not have a 530 page thread about us!

I don't visit their forum (unless something is posted on here) but I do have Facebook and Twitter plus I work with quite a few. Plenty of them were over the moon about our defeat to Leeds last week, I even had the feeling that they didn't care their own team had lost to Rochdale.

The reason why they don't have a 500 page thread about us is because we haven't made utter tits of ourselves on and off the field over the last few years.

Anyone who claims they wouldn't do the same...just remember the 'oh yes' thread on their old forum and imagine their reaction if we dropped out of the entire league.

9 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Admittedly I dont visit their forum often, but I see no mention of them talk/laughing about our loss vs Leeds last week, and they certainly do not have a 542 page thread about us!

What apart from ringing into Radio Bristol to gloat, on the day their ex chairman died.  Get your facts straight before having a pop eh...!

5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I don't visit their forum (unless something is posted on here) but I do have Facebook and Twitter plus I work with quite a few. Plenty of them were over the moon about our defeat to Leeds last week, I even had the feeling that they didn't care their own team had lost to Rochdale.

The reason why they don't have a 500 page thread about us is because we haven't made utter tits of ourselves on and off the field over the last few years.

Anyone who claims they wouldn't do the same...just remember the 'oh yes' thread on their old forum and imagine their reaction if we dropped out of the entire league.

Exhibit A being the bellend that phoned 20p last Saturday to try and gloat about it.

Nor do I, but I do feel its a little ridiculous though.

On the back of this thread, I popped over to Gaschat and they have a very long thread about their manager.......most of them think he's shite.............:sleeping:

Do I care? Not in the slightest.

7 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

What apart from ringing into Radio Bristol to gloat, on the day their ex chairman died.  Get your facts straight before having a pop eh...!

I dont listen to Radio Bristol.

12 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I dont have any "gas" mates or know anyone from the rovers team, I dont follow anyone on Twitter nor actively look for those who are moaning about us.

I can only go by what I see, I dont see any of this, you may do, on Twitter etc but I dont, nor that I'm looking for it.

Simple answer is, is that I dont care about rovers, many people dont, and vice versa. Sure some still have a gripe, some will always do, lets take Sunderland fans for an example, still bitter about that game 40yrs ago, it'll never go away, nor will our PAST rivalry with Rovers. I still think its time to move on, Cardiff are our CURRENT rivals.

18 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

It's 542 pages because it's our only thread about them. 

Arsechat is full of threads about us. When they aren't alternatively calling for Darrell's head/Saying he walks on water.

I dont have any "gas" mates or know anyone from the rovers team, I dont follow anyone on Twitter nor actively look for those who are moaning about us.

I can only go by what I see, I dont see any of this, you may do, on Twitter etc but I dont, nor that I'm looking for it.

Simple answer is, is that I dont care about rovers, many people dont, and vice versa. Sure some still have a gripe, some will always do, lets take Sunderland fans for an example, still bitter about that game 40yrs ago, it'll never go away, nor will our PAST rivalry with Rovers. I still think its time to move on, Cardiff are our CURRENT rivals.

Then you just don't get it, do you.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

On the back of this thread, I popped over to Gaschat and they have a very long thread about their manager.......most of them think he's shite.............:sleeping:

Do I care? Not in the slightest.

Well on the back of you reading this thread, going on to their forum, reading that thread, then posting on here that you don't care, you inspired me to sign-in rather than my usual voyeurism and post that I don't care that you don't care :P

16 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Simple answer is, is that I dont care about rovers, many people dont, and vice versa. Sure some still have a gripe, some will always do, lets take Sunderland fans for an example, still bitter about that game 40yrs ago, it'll never go away, nor will our PAST rivalry with Rovers. I still thing its time to move on, Cardiff are our CURRENT rivals.

Mate, I don't doubt that you don't care about the Gas and if you have NO Gas acquaintances and don't bump into any of them on Social Media then it's pretty obvious that you won't see them talking about us, that doesn't mean that they don't...because they do, all the time.

I totally agree with you that Cardiff are more of a 'rival' to us at the moment on the pitch because we haven't played Rovers in the league for years. Personally I can't stand either club.

13 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Making yourself look a bit silly here mate. 

3 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Well I'm sorry that you feel the need to. Teams win/lose some more successful/less.

Yes I just do not get it, sure If they were in the same league but we are miles better than them now, its no competition.

Ridiculous answer,  so when Man City were in league 1 Utd were no longer there rivals , ditto Celtic with Rangers or Villa with Birmingham.  Like I said you have no clue what football rivalry means or you would not spout such nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

Ridiculous answer,  so when Man City were in league 1 Utd were no longer there rivals , ditto Celtic with Rangers or Villa with Birmingham.  Like I said you have no clue what football rivalry means or you would not spout such nonsense. 

Well you'd be right there, I dont, I see them as another team.

Archived