IGNORED

Big Rivalry?!

mozo

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

Death threats to Matty Taylor and LJ ?

Shit happens eh..

Donald Trump got death threats, whats the difference about that other than one being the President to the United States and the other a manager to Bristol City? (And Matt Taylor accepting an offer to play for a different team)

I'm sure Ian Holloway got death threats as well.

Just now, CrazyInWeston said:

Donald Trump got death threats, whats the difference about that other than one being the President to the United States and the other a manager to Bristol City? (And Matt Taylor accepting an offer to play for a different team)

I'm sure Ian Holloway got death threats as well.

I was right, you're attention seeking. No one's this stupid.

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

I was right, you're attention seeking. No one's this stupid.

What I'm saying here, is that you will have haters over anything. Haters will hate and all. How is that attention seeking?

If I was attention seeking I'd try to troll everybody on the board!

I've been a member since 2012, thats 5yrs and hardly anyone knows me.

1 minute ago, CrazyInWeston said:

What I'm saying here, is that you will have haters over anything. Haters will hate and all. How is that attention seeking?

If I was attention seeking I'd try to troll everybody on the board!

I've been a member since 2012, thats 5yrs and hardly anyone knows me.

Buy a cat.

1 hour ago, Newquay-Red said:

I think people who aren't fans of either club don't realize how fierce it gets on the actual day of the fixture. Club rivalry compared with England v Wales makes it a big game- shame we typically lose in a frustrating way but the 4-2 in 2012 was one of my favourite live games ever

Recent games have been as quiet as a mouse. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Whats that got to do with anything? You're really looking hard now arent you.

Just accept that I see rivalry different to the way you see rivalry. 

I'm not the only person with this view.

Luckily there are millions and it is millions the world over that do agree with me, and long may it continue. 

Just now, Vincent Vega said:

Luckily there are millions and it is millions that do agree with me, and long may it continue. 

I never said I disagree'd I just said I dont get it.

All this back and forth at each other could've been avoided if you understood that, as I said time again, I dont get it/see it that way.

But you had to keep trying for a 1 up against me.

Let me say it again, I dont care about Rovers and said "rivalry"

4 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

I never said I disagree'd I just said I dont get it.

All this back and forth at each other could've been avoided if you understood that, as I said time again, I dont get it/see it that way.

But you had to keep trying for a 1 up against me.

Let me say it again, I dont care about Rovers and said "rivalry"

Just trying to educate, forgive me if it's gone over your head. I understand you don't get it .

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Sorry, but as far as competitive football is concerned, they are the rivals these days. fckng let the Gas dream of being our football rivals, I say

The atmosphere at the last few City v Cardiff games has been as flat as a pancake. Losing was annoying but absolutely nothing compared with the agony of losing to THEM.

Rovers will ALWAYS be our number 1 enemies, even if they are playing on the downs.

3 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

The atmosphere at the last few City v Cardiff games has been as flat as a pancake. Losing was annoying but absolutely nothing compared with the agony of losing to THEM.

Rovers will ALWAYS be our number 1 enemies, even if they are playing on the downs.

By saying they are any type of concern whatsoever to us these days is food and drink to the blue few. YES we are both Bristol clubs and of course we are the two rivals.. but come on.. tell me when they last "rivalled" us in footballing terms????

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

By saying they are any type of concern whatsoever to us these days is food and drink to the blue few. YES we are both Bristol clubs and of course we are the two rivals.. but come on.. tell me when they last "rivalled" us in footballing terms????

They haven't. But hatred and rivalry never goes away. Southampton would still name Pompey as their rivals despite the two division gap, likewise Burnley and Blackburn, Watford and Luton etc. 

Have you noticed that there is a massive thread about the Sags on this forum and nothing about Cardiff? Why? Because they are THE enemy. Always have been, always will be.

1 minute ago, Wanderingred said:

They haven't. But hatred and rivalry never goes away. Southampton would still name Pompey as their rivals despite the two division gap, likewise Burnley and Blackburn, Watford and Luton etc. 

Have you noticed that there is a massive thread about the Sags on this forum and nothing about Cardiff? Why? Because they are THE enemy. Always have been, always will be.

Not only noticed it, but contributed to it, mate. it's all about choice, you concern yourself with them if you want. I chose not to for now. Bigger fish to fry

8 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Not only noticed it, but contributed to it, mate. it's all about choice, you concern yourself with them if you want. I chose not to for now. Bigger fish to fry

Not only I got into an argument with members on here regarding rivalry, I also got onto one with my best friend on Facebook Messenger over the same topic. It wasnt nice to argue with him but I got my point across.

He mentioned that any team could have a rivalry with us like for example Sunderland because of that game against us 40yrs ago. He used the word "hate"

It actually gave me an idea to finish him BECAUSE ITS TRUE.

Rivalry these days isnt rivalry because we live next door, its a rivalry because its actually a grudge match, meaning they HATE us.

Fans from one team will hate another because of what happened in a game, like the Sunderland game 40yrs ago, they hold a grudge.

I can see a big hatred towards Rovers and them to us. Over the years its been called rivalry or a Derby.

I GET IT. But to continue to say they are our rivals (Rovers) isnt true, we just simply hate them.

Cardiff are our "rivals" because they're in the same league to us and closest opposition.

Yet we can always "hate" them. 

Fans do not hate because of "rivalry" fans hate because of RESULTS. Saying one team is better than the other. Thats how Rivalry is born... HATRED.

44 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Not only I got into an argument with members on here regarding rivalry, I also got onto one with my best friend on Facebook Messenger over the same topic. It wasnt nice to argue with him but I got my point across.

He mentioned that any team could have a rivalry with us like for example Sunderland because of that game against us 40yrs ago. He used the word "hate"

It actually gave me an idea to finish him BECAUSE ITS TRUE.

Rivalry these days isnt rivalry because we live next door, its a rivalry because its actually a grudge match, meaning they HATE us.

Fans from one team will hate another because of what happened in a game, like the Sunderland game 40yrs ago, they hold a grudge.

I can see a big hatred towards Rovers and them to us. Over the years its been called rivalry or a Derby.

I GET IT. But to continue to say they are our rivals (Rovers) isnt true, we just simply hate them.

Cardiff are our "rivals" because they're in the same league to us and closest opposition.

Yet we can always "hate" them. 

Fans do not hate because of "rivalry" fans hate because of RESULTS. Saying one team is better than the other. Thats how Rivalry is born... HATRED.

I only hate Rovers in lower case, sort of HATE light 

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

This is spot on!

I'm 50 years old and have 2 children that are 17 and 15, both bonkers reds like their dad but they don't get my absolute hatred for them. 

I lived through the 70's, 80's and early 90's when we were on top / behind and I hated them but that was in your blood. I have gas mates, loads of them but they're of a similar age. Youngsters cannot understand it because we don't play them any more.

Cardiff are despised by my generation but it's not anywhere near close to the venom we kept for THEM, nowhere near it.

You have to understand the tribalism of the time I think. Nowadays, playing Cardiff, home or away, is very friendly in comparison to what it used to be and there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm surprised that ticket sales for this game don't appear to be as high as the "derby status would suggest.  I would imagine Cardiff have sold their allocation already but there are loads of tickets in all of our areas...and that's before we even consider opening the rest of the Upper Lansdown 

43 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I don't think it will be. Cardiff's fans are crap and we're very quiet at AG in recent years. 

The early kick off kills any chance of atmosphere.  The fact that this game is not already sold out tells anyone willing to listen all you need to know. 

13 hours ago, mozo said:

There's a Welsh elephant in the room...

I don't hear much about Cardiff, which surprises me because they are our only genuine neighbourly rival these days and we're both sitting pretty at the top end of the table.

Add Warnock and Tomlin to the mix and you'd think there would be rotten vegetables being lobbed over the Severn estuary.

Surely it is imperative that we finish higher than them this season?!

Surely next weekend is huuuuuuuuuuge?!

I just envisaged a Welsh elephant trumpeting "Boyo!" before ravishing some unsuspecting sheep.  Bizarre - but I thought I'd share with the class.

Growing up, Cardiff weren't really on my radar as we never played them.  I invested my hatred into R*vers and Swindle.  

Since they beat us in the play offs that year, and them being complete w@nke rs of course, I now naturally hate them too.

Happy days :) 

Archived