IGNORED

Lee Tomlin returns (merged)

Septic Peg

We shouldn't rise to the bait, or stoop down to his level. As we all know he thrives on being the centre of attention. We should just applause politely when his name is mentioned as a thank you  for his loan spell when he helped  keep us up and let Flint & co do the talking on the pitch

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don’t have a problem with Lee Tomlin. I will always fondly remember some of the magic moments that he produced for us. Unfortunately they were few & far between, once his signing became permanent. 

I don’t have a problem with him shagging the nanny, or even having some bother on a night out. He’s a red blooded Male. 

I am though glad that he’s gone and is now someone else’s disruptive problem to deal with. 

We know he thrives on abuse/banter aimed his way. Best to ignore him as much as possible. 

How about threatening the head coach in front of the squad....

Or telling the rest of the squad they were L1 standard at best ....

Free passes on those too ?

But hey ho , he's a red blooded male

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

How about threatening the head coach in front of the squad....

Or telling the rest of the squad they were L1 standard at best ....

Free passes on those too ?

But hey ho he's a red blooded male

Exactly - the guy is an idiot and we’re far far better off without him.

What a waste - has tremendous talent but like JET and Noble has one fundemental flaw which will prevent him ever reaching the levels he should.

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

It won't happen, but it should be complete indifference. Don't acknowledge him.

I'm afraid I just can't do that. He'll get a reception from me which will make Maynard's return from West Ham look like a warm greeting. 

I get why you say indifference but I think he will just come here and try too hard. Soon as he gets stick he'll get frustrated if it doesn't come off. I too smell a red card. Johnson should be having all players ready to give him needling and tough tackles. 

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly - the guy is an idiot and we’re far far better off without him.

What a waste - has tremendous talent but like JET and Noble has one fundemental flaw which will prevent him ever reaching the levels he should.

And was a major part at least in derailing our season (Whilst being comfortably highest paid player) nearly costing us our Championship Place

Hes everything I hate in the worst of an element of so called 'professional' footballers

People get themselves is a hissy over what was posted on a forum last season , but think you will find LT caused LJ far more problems last season than any forum , five times over

18 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

You're being harsh comparing Tomlin to JET imo. Look where the two started their professional footballing careers and look where they are atm. Tomlin has worked his way up through the leagues.

I think you’ve missed the point a bit if you’re referring to me. Both highly talented creative players - JET’s flaw is his work rate/attitude and dedication whereas Tomlin is a fool with a bad attitude.

Both, on raw ability, should be Prem players imo but neither are.

30 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think you’ve missed the point a bit if you’re referring to me. Both highly talented creative players - JET’s flaw is his work rate/attitude and dedication whereas Tomlin is a fool with a bad attitude.

Both, on raw ability, should be Prem players imo but neither are.

I think to use the word “waste” in regards to Tomlin is harsh, he’s had to work his way up the leagues. 

Waist on the other hand...

5 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I think to use the word “waste” in regards to Tomlin is harsh, he’s had to work his way up the leagues. 

Waist on the other hand...

Haha, well I see what you're saying and agree to an extent.

I think though in raw ability alone he could've been so much more. He wasted his chance at Bournemouth for example. I think he has the ability of a lower/mid prem player but has found himself at top half championship.

38 minutes ago, Vespa Red said:

I note that a number of people are suggesting that we ignore Tomlin.  So any chants of "Score with your Nanny, you only score with your Nanny" should be resisted then?

Yes. Along with 'does your Mrs know you're here', or 'Bellys gonna get ya' 

4 hours ago, Tears in rain said:

Ignore him and that will really annoy him!

The bloke will play better if boo him call him fat etc he just has that type of personality where he has to prove people wrong and thrives off the attention. 

The Aussies used to blank Brian Lara when he walked to the wicket as they knew if anybody wound him up he would play well. If we do the opposite to Tomlin he  might be the same or may do something stupid if wound up. Difficult one.

6 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

The Aussies used to blank Brian Lara when he walked to the wicket as they knew if anybody wound him up he would play well. If we do the opposite to Tomlin he  might be the same or may do something stupid if wound up. Difficult one.

They did indeed, I remember reading Ricky Ponting’s book in which he recalled a time where they ripped into him and after they dropped him and he went and scored a stupid amount of runs! 

I see your point if we get on his nerves he might go and boot one of our players and get sent off. 

6 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

And the match day announcer, whoever he is, needs to play his part. No "A big welcome back to Ashton Gate for ..." - announce him as though he would for any other Cardiff player.

Not that I'll hear him in the Dolman anyway.

And you just know his hapless ability will do just that. Talking of which i am far more likely to boo him than Tomlin. Absolutely useless announcer; i wish we had sold him to Cardiff as well in a sort of buy one take one deal. What a very shame.

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don’t have a problem with Lee Tomlin. I will always fondly remember some of the magic moments that he produced for us. Unfortunately they were few & far between, once his signing became permanent. 

I don’t have a problem with him shagging the nanny, or even having some bother on a night out. He’s a red blooded Male. 

I am though glad that he’s gone and is now someone else’s disruptive problem to deal with. 

We know he thrives on abuse/banter aimed his way. Best to ignore him as much as possible. 

You don’t have an issue with him shagging someone else when his wife and 2 kids are back in Leicester....?

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

But it wasn't in play. 

It was, technically speaking, but obviously in the control of the goalkeeper.

If he'd rolled it out to kick it then Tomlin had the right to steal it and score, assuming the keeper was blind enough to not notice that hulk behind him.

49 minutes ago, petehinton said:

You don’t have an issue with him shagging someone else when his wife and 2 kids are back in Leicester....?

I don’t think he’s the first and he won’t be the last stupid bloke to take the opportunity of getting some when he is away from home. 

If you are booing him for that, then you better boo loudly, because you’ll probably be aiming it at half the crowd!!

7 hours ago, bris red said:

Cant stand the bloke. Fat ugly**** who can just about string a sentance together. Ignore him.

I'm sorry I am not normally on the troll and should really use your advice about ignoring people but you use childish insults, profanity and drop in a spelling mistake to boot and say 'he' cannot string a sentence together?

If you wrote that to be ironic, my bad...

Archived