IGNORED

Lee Tomlin returns (merged)

Septic Peg

Don't really understand the negativity towards Lee Tomlin....most people seemed to want him to stay when he was on loan, he helped keep us up, scored a few very memorable goals, and lots of people (including some on here) were waxing lyrical about his skills and saying he was one of the most talented players they'd ever seen at The Gate....I personally won't forget his late free kick away at Fulham which helped clinch our safety in this division (not League).....if people are bothered by his 'off field activities' then they would despise quite a large number of pro footballers.....just don't understand the hate now when he was nearly worshipped by some not so long ago. 

Perhaps it's just because he joined Cardiff...

I urge every person in the Ground to ignore him. He is the sort of individual who relishes a team hating him - take Chopra and McCormack for example. 
I honestly am not going to give him the time of day, same for Warnock - he doesn't hate us at all, he loves us because we play into his hands every single time.

11 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Next Saturday, we host Warnock and co which includes eternal good boy Mr Lee Tomlin.

Offloaded by us during the summer for the price we paid, and with all the rumours flying around about his alleged antics (GBH and playing hide the sausage with his kids nanny), plus "that" tweet, it would suggest he won't be getting some applause from the crowd like most City rejects when they return...

Chances are as well, he won't start but will make an appearance from the bench. He's only started 4 times for Cardiff with all other appearances coming as a sub.

Will you give him a clap or will you boo?

Pity his kids Nanny didn't give him the clap:yes:

20 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

How about threatening the head coach in front of the squad....

Or telling the rest of the squad they were L1 standard at best ....

Free passes on those too ?

But hey ho , he's a red blooded male

Are you having a conversation with yourself there..?!

Those are footballing matters and exactly the kind of reason that I’m glad he’s now someone else’s problem. 

14 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Are you having a conversation with yourself there..?!

Those are footballing matters and exactly the kind of reason that I’m glad he’s now someone else’s problem. 

But you 'don't have a problem with him' 

Suggests you find no problem with the above , or his morals ?

Oh well

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

But you 'don't have a problem with him' 

Suggests you find no problem with the above , or his morals ?

Oh well

Or you could quote the line “I’m glad that he’s gone and is now someone else’s disruptive problem to deal with”..! 

Liked him when he was playing well, wound me up when he was shite - hey ho.

Colin will start his wind up routine on Wednesday and will know LT is the sort of player he can rely on to help him with that. We'll find out on Saturday just how successful he's been.

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Don't really understand the negativity towards Lee Tomlin....most people seemed to want him to stay when he was on loan, he helped keep us up, scored a few very memorable goals, and lots of people (including some on here) were waxing lyrical about his skills and saying he was one of the most talented players they'd ever seen at The Gate....I personally won't forget his late free kick away at Fulham which helped clinch our safety in this division (not League).....if people are bothered by his 'off field activities' then they would despise quite a large number of pro footballers.....just don't understand the hate now when he was nearly worshipped by some not so long ago. 

It was not his off field antics, nor that he joined Cardiff (the fact that we were getting rid of him cheered many up, to Cardiff was the cherry on the icing on the three tier cake - that he would probably have eaten without a fork! - so it most definitely isn't that he's gone there). It was the fact that he came here as a permanent transfer and just about became the worst example of a footballer there is: petulent, way substandard, lethargic I could go on and on and on.

For me I see his loan spell and his permanent spell as two different times. The Tomlin we had on loan was a player of dreams, the Tomlin we have permenantly was the player of nightmares. A real Jekyll and Hyde.

He might not even be there, he's back in court on Friday. Could be going down?

Tomlin, 25, who now plays for Cardiff City, and Accrington Stanley striker Billy Kee, 26, are charged with grievous bodily harm after the alleged attack outside the Ghost nightclub on January 22 which left a man with a broken jaw.

According to the Leicester Mercury, The pair appeared before a plea and case management hearing at Leicester Crown Court where they spoke only to answer their names.

Judge Steven Coupland adjourned the case to November 3 in order to give the prosecution and the defence more time to prepare their cases.

On 10/29/2017 at 03:04, Septic Peg said:

Offloaded by us during the summer for the price we paid

Tomlin wasn't offloaded for the price we paid. City only received £1.5 million which represents a significant loss and I doubt we will receive much in the way of add-on's. 

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/moment-neil-warnock-asks-fee-389652

• Admin
14 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

I urge every person in the Ground to ignore him. He is the sort of individual who relishes a team hating him - take Chopra and McCormack for example. 
I honestly am not going to give him the time of day, same for Warnock - he doesn't hate us at all, he loves us because we play into his hands every single time.

Remember when he played at Ashton Gate for Peterborough the crowd were on his case from the start, he got sent off after 12 minutes - he'll certainly be fired up for the game and it will be a case of which side of the line his mind goes

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Remember when he played at Ashton Gate for Peterborough the crowd were on his case from the start, he got sent off after 12 minutes - he'll certainly be fired up for the game and it will be a case of which side of the line his mind goes

But on another occasion for Posh at the Gate he scored a worldie 

Like it or, if he plays saturday he will be very dangerous and can make something special happen in a second!

We have the benefit that all our back four and midfield will know him well, know his tricks from the training ground and should have enough to keep him quiet.

But a lack of concentraction and he will be dangerous for sure.

15 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Like it or, if he plays saturday he will be very dangerous and can make something special happen in a second!

We have the benefit that all our back four and midfield will know him well, know his tricks from the training ground and should have enough to keep him quiet.

But a lack of concentraction and he will be dangerous for sure.

Exactly this.

Cannot see anything wrong with this goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=66&v=oYakdz-AJ1Y

13 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Exactly this.

Cannot see anything wrong with this goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=66&v=oYakdz-AJ1Y

Not an original ploy. Many years ago, George Best did exactly the same thing. That goal wasn't allowing to stand either. Can't remember the game at this distance in time, but wouldn't surprise me if Tomlin had seen some old footage on TV and got the idea from there.

5 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

Not an original ploy. Many years ago, George Best did exactly the same thing. That goal wasn't allowing to stand either. Can't remember the game at this distance in time, but wouldn't surprise me if Tomlin had seen some old footage on TV and got the idea from there.

Was a Home International playing for N Ire v England

Banks the keeper IIRC

6 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Hes hardly the antichrist people paint him out to be. Enjoyed watching him play, hes a good player and scored some excellent/ important goals.

People seem to take things a little too personally. 

Perhaps, but anything to boost the disappointing atmosphere at recent Cardiff games will be a plus.

On 29/10/2017 at 21:40, BS4 on Tour... said:

Probably more to do with the fact that he didnt really try to do much to get/stay in the team, and wasn't that fussed if he wasn't in the first 11. Blew hot and cold a lot, and supposedly "upset the apple cart".

Tomlin was, and always will be one of those players that can turn it on at the drop of the hat, or go missing for a long time. We knew that, took a chance, and it didn't work out. Off field issues also didn't help.

He's just another player that has come and gone. The fact that he's now at Cardiff just adds fuel to the fire.

1 hour ago, CliftonCliff said:

Well remembered. Wasn't the same game in which Best (and - I think - Keegan) got sent off was it? Or was that a Man U v Liverpool confrontation?

Keegan was sent off with Billy Bremner in Charity Shield in ? 72 ? For fighting

Both took their shirts off as they walked off and had something like 6 game bans

Is that the one you were thinking of Cliff ?

Edit

This one ?

And found the Best v Banks attempt

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Keegan was sent off with Billy Bremner in Charity Shield in ? 72 ? For fighting

Both took their shirts off as they walked off and had something like 6 game bans

Is that the one you were thinking of Cliff ?

Oh dear, it probably is. I think I must have conflated two quite separate incidents. Further proof if any were needed that the old memory is shot. Thanks for setting me straight.

37 minutes ago, Keyardiv said:

He started tonight and was great. Worked hard and some sublime touches. Looked quality.

I did see the first(?) goal where he looked great with the one-two and then the through ball and that is what he can do when he wants, it`s just that he doesn`t do it often enough as I expect you`ve worked out by now. When he decides he can`t be arsed he`s a liability.

Do you lot know if he is in court again on Friday as everyone seems to think? 

Archived