IGNORED

Episode #3 - No end Product

Shtanley

https://aca.st/889863

Episode 3 now up. Below an hour this week:clap:

Chatting about Palace and Sunderland. Looking ahead to Fulham and Cardiff. 

Shout out to @Olé for being our roaming reporter! Hope you weren't too hanging on Sunday morning, shame about the dog.

Unfortunately we've worked out 1 of the 3 microphones is faulty so we're sending it back, thats why my voice is slightly quieter and you can hear this "thumping" sound sometimes. Will be sorted next week.

Let me know your thoughts and give us a RT/follow/block on Twitter.

You can subscribe on iTunes/Acast too.

Another good podcast.

If I'm going to be picky (I said I would be and I'm a man of my word) then a little sound editing could perhaps have been done to the report you got from Olé.

Not to remove anything but the first segment was a little quieter than the second and third so could have used a little boost.

Could maybe have been able to take the edge off the windy bits as well but now I'm being really picky.

Back to not being a dick and as before, a good podcast. Would be happy to be a guest (if you'd want me) but only after I've gone to another game- perhaps I'll let you know next time I'm going if you dont already have a guest for that week.

34 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Another good podcast.

If I'm going to be picky (I said I would be and I'm a man of my word) then a little sound editing could perhaps have been done to the report you got from Olé.

Not to remove anything but the first segment was a little quieter than the second and third so could have used a little boost.

Could maybe have been able to take the edge off the windy bits as well but now I'm being really picky.

Back to not being a dick and as before, a good podcast. Would be happy to be a guest (if you'd want me) but only after I've gone to another game- perhaps I'll let you know next time I'm going if you dont already have a guest for that week.

It’s not being a dick James, it’s useful feedback. The guys have said they want feedback and that’s what you’ve given - it’s a good thing helps the podcast improve. 

It's the first podcast that I've tuned into and listened to it on the tube on the way into work this morning. I thought it was very good and I intend to listen to future episodes. 

I enjoyed the opposition fans views. I know that @ExiledRobin often contributes to other teams podcasts in the week before the fixtures take place to give his views about City's chances, who to look out for etc. If we could've done this for the Fulham game, it would be a great little insight going into Tuesday.

Apologies if this has been done in previous episodes. I also imagine it's challenging finding the right balance of content and not ending up with a three hour podcast!

50 minutes ago, Coppello said:

It's the first podcast that I've tuned into and listened to it on the tube on the way into work this morning. I thought it was very good and I intend to listen to future episodes. 

I enjoyed the opposition fans views. I know that @ExiledRobin often contributes to other teams podcasts in the week before the fixtures take place to give his views about City's chances, who to look out for etc. If we could've done this for the Fulham game, it would be a great little insight going into Tuesday.

Apologies if this has been done in previous episodes. I also imagine it's challenging finding the right balance of content and not ending up with a three hour podcast!

We thought about interviewing someone about Fulham who does radio/sports broadcasting but we figured because next week there’s no games to preview it would make more sense to do it then rather than this week with 4 games to talk about. 

10 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Another good podcast.

I spent a fairly long time editing Olé’s piece, I appreciate it must’ve been harder to listen to than the rest of it but in the end I figured it was easily bearable. Began to turn down the wind spikes but actually found them quite funny so I left it. 

Must say I’m surprised that that’s all you want improved for next time. Hopefully we’re improving cause it certainly feels that way. 

4 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I spent a fairly long time editing Olé’s piece, I appreciate it must’ve been harder to listen to than the rest of it but in the end I figured it was easily bearable. Began to turn down the wind spikes but actually found them quite funny so I left it. 

Must say I’m surprised that that’s all you want improved for next time. Hopefully we’re improving cause it certainly feels that way. 

Content wise it’s very nice. Moves quickly and holds attention nicely. The production has really improved too but I appreciate you’re limited to an extent by your equipment and software.

It’s improved hugely since the first episode which is very impressive. Looking forward to hearing how it develops.

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Content wise it’s very nice. Moves quickly and holds attention nicely. The production has really improved too but I appreciate you’re limited to an extent by your equipment and software.

It’s improved hugely since the first episode which is very impressive. Looking forward to hearing how it develops.

I think the microphones and software are fine to be fair. It's just that we aren't doing it in a sound proof recording studio. The only needed improvement is perhaps a better microphone for my iPhone when I'm voxpopping but apart from that I think we're reasonable. We're happy that people are noticing an immediate improvement to be fair. Loads of people interacting on twitter too, maybe soon we'll do some kind of giveaway to get people excited and sharing.

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I think the microphones and software are fine to be fair. It's just that we aren't doing it in a sound proof recording studio. The only needed improvement is perhaps a microphone for my iPhone when I'm voxpopping but apart from that I think we're reasonable. We're happy that people are noticing an immediate improvement to be fair. Loads of people interacting on twitter too, maybe soon we'll do some kind of giveaway to get people excited and sharing.

Yeah, I finally got round to following you guys earlier, liked/retweeted the podcast stuff.

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I think the microphones and software are fine to be fair. It's just that we aren't doing it in a sound proof recording studio. The only needed improvement is perhaps a microphone for my iPhone when I'm voxpopping but apart from that I think we're reasonable. We're happy that people are noticing an immediate improvement to be fair. Loads of people interacting on twitter too, maybe soon we'll do some kind of giveaway to get people excited and sharing.

I even saw it shared on that Bristol City Till I Die Facebook to be fair.

It has improved rapidly in just 3 pods so that's really impressive. I still think you should have a proper opening (music, coming up this week etc) and intro as well as someone on mostly hosting duty (hard to do when you don't have a guest though) to add to the professionalism. But overall its really good - particularly like the away fans view. Thought it flowed a lot better this time too.

Just to put my money where my mouth is,  I knocked together a quick example for the 1st 5 minutes - just as a possible example of what it could be like.  

you can find it here

Thoroughly enjoying this lads. I'm a big podcast fan. With an 2 hours of walking to fill to/from work every day, I quickly plough through them. I'm pretty picky when it comes to my sport ones, and although I'm biased of course, this is one of few that I listen to (alongside a lot of crime/social commentary/film pods).

I agree in part with BCFC Richard's points, but I'm not sure you necessarily need a little 'Upcoming this week'. I think you'd struggle to go wrong from listening to the Football Ramble podcast (not sure if you guys do?) but their style is dead on the money in my opinion. A nice mixture of chilled and well informed - which you guys have nailed down already, might I add - but then they have a bit of an increase in production value - which is natural considering the years they've been doing it and the contacts they have within the radio industry.

A little music intro/outro would be cool and a brief introduction to yourselves, something to keep it feeling like 'the norm', and then just keep rolling as you are and you'll continue to find your feet. You'll slowly come up with more regular features (the away fans is a good one; if you're gonna do predictions you could always do a little points competition between the two of you and the guests, to see who comes up trumps at the end of the season - Joe, Stan or Guests). Just a few little things that break it all up.

But having said all that, if you kept it as it was and just continued to naturally improve from feeling more comfortable behind the mic and getting into a routine then I'd be well chuffed. It's a good listen and nice to have it from the fans for the fans. As has been said, huge improvement in just a few weeks. Excited to listen to more. Keep it up.

58 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

It has improved rapidly in just 3 pods so that's really impressive. I still think you should have a proper opening (music, coming up this week etc) and intro as well as someone on mostly hosting duty (hard to do when you don't have a guest though) to add to the professionalism. But overall its really good - particularly like the away fans view. Thought it flowed a lot better this time too.

Just to put my money where my mouth is,  I knocked together a quick example for the 1st 5 minutes - just as a possible example of what it could be like.  

you can find it here

Very well edited bit you mocked up.

Not sure the "whats coming up" part is needed for the podcast.

@Ben4BCFC We’ve got a few regular features, a rant, an interview, a player in focus. We hope to do social media comments each week too but didn’t this episode cause nobody really said much of interest to us. A regular cider segment is in the works so don’t go anywhere. 

@BCFC RichardIn terms of intros we’re still not decided, a strong no to any beds as we want the feel to be like 2 guys chatting rather than experts being analytical about Bristol City, we have a decent amount of statistics in our notes it’s whether we feel the need to use them.

Perhaps we’ll get an intro but at the moment we don’t feel it’s needed nor would it suit the style of the podcast in its current form. We were however into the idea of simply playing a Bristol City chant and going from there. 

We ask for feedback so this is all genuinely appreciated, some of it will immediately have an effect on the podcast and some we may choose to ignore for the moment.

We do need comments though, we want more fan questions/statements particularly to read out on the show, a bit like when the sound of the city gets all the texts in. 

6 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

@Ben4BCFC We’ve got a few regular features, a rant, an interview, a player in focus. We hope to do social media comments each week too but didn’t this episode cause nobody really said much of interest to us. A regular cider segment is in the works so don’t go anywhere. 

@BCFC RichardIn terms of intros we’re still not decided, a strong no to any beds as we want the feel to be like 2 guys chatting rather than experts being analytical about Bristol City, we have a decent amount of statistics in our notes it’s whether we feel the need to use them.

Perhaps we’ll get an intro but at the moment we don’t feel it’s needed nor would it suit the style of the podcast in its current form. We were however into the idea of simply playing a Bristol City chant and going from there. 

We ask for feedback so this is all genuinely appreciated, some of it will immediately have an effect on the podcast and some we may choose to ignore for the moment.

We do need comments though, we want more fan questions/statements particularly to read out on the show, a bit like when the sound of the city gets all the texts in. 

Our manager is useless, must be sacked immediately.

Johnson out!

@Shtanley in seriousness I can try and put my concerns about goals maybe slowing down in the future into something a bit more concise than the thread I made.

But it would need you to give/read out an explanation of the graph I used/looked at.

One other note as I think about this, and you may be doing it already, but I'd give a source for the stats you use. Even if it's something like "looking at the BBC match stats..." or "looking at his profile on Transfermarkt, *insert potential signings name here* has played X times in *insert position here*, but also Y times at *insert different position here* ..."

Edit- probably best to be consistant with your source for things like match stats.

28 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Think that's all pretty fair. And to be honest the pods already up to a pretty good standard so a lot of advice you get will be (like mine) personal preferences.  Its good that you have a strong sense of what you want.

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

@Shtanley in seriousness I can try and put my concerns about goals maybe slowing down in the future into something a bit more concise than the thread I made.

But it would need you to give/read out an explanation of the graph I used/looked at.

One other note as I think about this, and you may be doing it already, but I'd give a source for the stats you use. Even if it's something like "looking at the BBC match stats..." or "looking at his profile on Transfermarkt, *insert potential signings name here* has played X times in *insert position here*, but also Y times at *insert different position here* ..."

Edit- probably best to be consistant with your source for things like match stats.

BBC all the way baby. Although we may incorporate whoscored more into the player spotlight feature 

Archived