IGNORED

Tubby it doesn’t count

Sparkz 76

Warnock clearly acknowledged this is not allowed and didn't challenge it after the match. Much as I dislike him, he was fair on that.

The rule has been clear for decades. When a keeper throws the ball in the air to kick it, you can't intercept it. Everybody knows that - except Tomlin and a handful of Cardiff fans.

13 hours ago, Sparkz 76 said:

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/lee-tomlin-goal-cardiff-not-count/amp/

see the horrible tellytubbie had a goal disallowed for kicking the ball from keepers hand in all fairness the goalie did toss the ball first. Seeing I hate Tomlin I would say no goals thoughts anyone?

I would just say no goal. He was never gonna get 2.

40 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

He clearly was a disruptive influence and a thug

move on

I can see where you are coming from with “disruptive influence” but “thug?” If he’s found guilty, then I would agree and he would deserve everything he gets, but what about innocent until proved guilty? Maybe there are other instances of thuggish behaviour on record that I don’t know about.

53 minutes ago, David Brent said:

How is it worth a go when it’s clearly not allowed?

Just shows how thick Tomlin is. Literally nobody does this.

Well if the ref didn’t see what happened or decided to give it then it would have been worth the go. If he didn’t mouth off he wouldn’t have been booked so wouldn’t have gained or lost anything in doing so. 

3 hours ago, Negan said:

Well if the ref didn’t see what happened or decided to give it then it would have been worth the go. If he didn’t mouth off he wouldn’t have been booked so wouldn’t have gained or lost anything in doing so. 

Well he should have been, because the actual act of kicking the ball from the keepers hands is a caution.

Listen folks and let me give you the definitive answer to this particular senario.

The law very clearly states that if a player who happens to play for Colin ****** attempts to score when the keeper is in posession of the football... it is grossly unfair if any resulting goal is disallowed.

ON the other hand... if the player happens to be playing AGAINST Colin, that player and club are cheats, a disgrace, should never play football again etc etc etc

Quite clear really.

23 hours ago, Bristol_Badger said:

Typical bitter post... grow-up.

I enjoyed watching Tomlin whilst he was here and he clearly wasn't the right fit for what LJ wanted.

Move on....

Calm down buddy if you love Tomlin that’s up too you don’t go for a drink to Leicester he might assault you

I didn’t realise till the highlights show on Saturday that the ball is counted as being int the keepers hands even when released to kick.

so how does it work when they take the ball to the edge of the box and kick it from their hands? More often than not they are outside the box when they kick the ball but nearly never see a free kick given against the keeper?

17 hours ago, Paulton Red said:

I didn’t realise till the highlights show on Saturday that the ball is counted as being int the keepers hands even when released to kick.

so how does it work when they take the ball to the edge of the box and kick it from their hands? More often than not they are outside the box when they kick the ball but nearly never see a free kick given against the keeper?

if the ball bounces once the keeper has released then its in play,

Thats the key, if tomlin had taken the ball off of the keepers foot as it bounced then it would of been a valid goal,

so if the keeper carries the ball to the edge of the box, throws it up for a goal kick slightly outside the box, it is still classed in the keepers control until the first bounce, once that happens its fair game

On 30/10/2017 at 06:48, Monkeh said:

He clearly was a disruptive influence and a thug

move on

Like Bradley Orr? who was rightly  loved at the club despite doing bird and clumping Louis Carey on the pitch once as I recall . LJ was very happy to have him around in the summer of 2016 and whilst it went sour afterwards, I have plenty of happy memories of him. Hope he stays shite all the time hes with Cardiff of course !

27 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Like Bradley Orr? who was rightly  loved at the club despite doing bird and clumping Louis Carey on the pitch once as I recall . LJ was very happy to have him around in the summer of 2016 and whilst it went sour afterwards, I have plenty of happy memories of him. Hope he stays shite all the time hes with Cardiff of course !

that didn't cause a rift in the dressing room, and orr apologized afterwards on sky in tears if I recall,

a better comparison would be Gary Johnson and Ivan Sproule which cost Johnson his job

58 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

if the ball bounces once the keeper has released then its in play,

Thats the key, if tomlin had taken the ball off of the keepers foot as it bounced then it would of been a valid goal,

so if the keeper carries the ball to the edge of the box, throws it up for a goal kick slightly outside the box, it is still classed in the keepers control until the first bounce, once that happens its fair game

Wrong. If the keeper bounces the ball it is still deemed under his possession.

"A goalkeeper is not permitted to keep control of the ball in his hands for more than six seconds. A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball:

• while the ball is between his hands or between his hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body)
• while holding the ball in his outstretched open hand
• while in the act of bouncing it on the ground or tossing it into the air"

Archived