IGNORED

Exeter City redevelopment - quite sad in a way

Lanterne Rouge

The development will be small but an improvement on the facilities we have at the moment. I.e. all stands cantilevered roofs, better toilets and generally modern and sound. The Old Grandstand had character but it was a "shithole",

The ground is loads better than that mob have up at the mem and as others have mentioned the training ground is superb. The results from the academy are there for all to see. Ethan Ampadu has made his first team debut for Chelsea aged just 17 and is regularly on the bench for the premier league squad. When the compensation is agreed for his transfer last summer we may be able to develop a little bit more. Ollie Watkins is also doing well at Brentford.

There are more kids  on the production line, the club is in the black and you can still stand on the largest terrace left in the football league!

Good luck this year, things are looking bright at the moment.

FullSizeRender.jpg

On 30/10/2017 at 19:21, Red Right Hand said:

There`s just been a feature on our local news down here about demolition starting today on Exeter`s old stand which dates back to 1926. I know they have to go but it is still a bit sad when they do - most of us on here will have been down to St James` Park and will remember the ground with some affection I should think.

Would have failed its safety certificate next time round - had to go I''m afraid.

3 hours ago, Benguin said:

The development will be small but an improvement on the facilities we have at the moment. I.e. all stands cantilevered roofs, better toilets and generally modern and sound. The Old Grandstand had character but it was a "shithole",

The ground is loads better than that mob have up at the mem and as others have mentioned the training ground is superb. The results from the academy are there for all to see. Ethan Ampadu has made his first team debut for Chelsea aged just 17 and is regularly on the bench for the premier league squad. When the compensation is agreed for his transfer last summer we may be able to develop a little bit more. Ollie Watkins is also doing well at Brentford.

There are more kids  on the production line, the club is in the black and you can still stand on the largest terrace left in the football league!

Good luck this year, things are looking bright at the moment.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I would love to have that down the Gate. If only the entire South Stand could be terraced. :(

Archived