IGNORED

Speechless - Junior Agogo.

Tipps69

There was a program on BBC4 last night called Speechless, one of the main people featured is Junior Agogo (ex-G*s).

It’s following his struggles after he had a stroke in the January of 2015 at 36 years-old, he’s made a good physical recovery but he still can’t speak properly! It’s shocking to see someone so young & fit be in a position he is now. He now lives at home with his Mum in London & the walls in their home are lined with framed shirts from his playing days & it’s mentioned that he speaks to no-one since his stroke because no-one bothers to contact him since his stroke as he couldn’t speak.

It’s a sad reflection on society that people can just be forgotten about because they aren’t who they once were, something that I’m only to aware of. It’s a horrible position to be in & through something that isn’t necessarily your own fault.

This isn’t something that picks on anyone for any particular reason, the same as all illnesses but it has certainly opened my eyes to the situation.

10 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

There was a program on BBC4 last night called Speechless, one of the main people featured is Junior Agogo (ex-G*s).

It’s following his struggles after he had a stroke in the January of 2015 at 36 years-old, he’s made a good physical recovery but he still can’t speak properly! It’s shocking to see someone so young & fit be in a position he is now. He now lives at home with his Mum in London & the walls in their home are lined with framed shirts from his playing days & it’s mentioned that he speaks to no-one since his stroke because no-one bothers to contact him since his stroke as he couldn’t speak.

It’s a sad reflection on society that people can just be forgotten about because they aren’t who they once were, something that I’m only to aware of. It’s a horrible position to be in & through something that isn’t necessarily your own fault.

This isn’t something that picks on anyone for any particular reason, the same as all illnesses but it has certainly opened my eyes to the situation.

It’s Human nature to avoid an awkward situation, it’s shit but it’s true in all situations of illness especially cancer.. When my Dad had cancer people who had been close friends for years avoided him..

This made me really angry at the time, I make sure I go out of my way now to do the total opposite in these situations. It’s not hard to ask how someone is and offer support!!

Human beings are #####

8 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Thanks Tipps it is something that I will make sure I watch.

Dreadful and only 36.

No problem, he was 36 when he had his stroke, turns out he was out running with his dog when he fell ill & his dog stayed with him to protect him! He’s 2 years into his recovery (so he’s now 38) but it still seems very young for someone to suffer from a stroke & especially when he was clearly so physically fit.

All these experts that get paid ridiculous amounts to carry out research & then tell us that we’re eating & drinking so much of the wrong stuff or we don’t do enough exercise etc, it seems like a huge waste of money to me because it’s seemingly a case that if a illness wants to get you, it will, irrespective of your circumstances!

The story of the other guy featured in the program is probably even worse, 7 months in hospital trying to recover from his stroke & he’s literally too scared to go home, mainly because he can’t communicate properly.

It’s all very sad really.

11 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

My Wife fell down the stairs circa 8 years ago and spent 6 months in hospital with a very serious brain injury.  She has recovered but is not really the same person she used to be. It's amazing how many friends turned their backs on her and treated her like some kind of Leper. Even worse was the number of family members who did the same especially some who we had helped financially over the years and wouldn't be living in their own home if we hadn't assisted them.  In my mind all of these people are just gutless, sanctimonious pieces of shit (especially the family) who I don't want anything to do with anymore. Do we miss any of them ....................... No !!

37 minutes ago, BigTone said:

My Wife fell down the stairs circa 8 years ago and spent 6 months in hospital with a very serious brain injury.  She has recovered but is not really the same person she used to be. It's amazing how many friends turned their backs on her and treated her like some kind of Leper. Even worse was the number of family members who did the same especially some who we had helped financially over the years and wouldn't be living in their own home if we hadn't assisted them.  In my mind all of these people are just gutless, sanctimonious pieces of shit (especially the family) who I don't want anything to do with anymore. Do we miss any of them ....................... No !!

So sorry to hear this. I am astounded that family have behaved in this way, at least you have each other & I wish you many more happy years together.

Agree with you Tone same happened to me I had a brain tumour and never

really recovered In fact the surgery saved my life but at a cost

People just don’t understand not that I need sympathy but I just cant

have a normal life anymore It’s difficult to go to a match as I get so tired

Yes people are fickle 

just wondered if maybe we could kick something of to help Junior

9 hours ago, taxidriver999 said:

So sorry to hear this. I am astounded that family have behaved in this way, at least you have each other & I wish you many more happy years together.

The dogs home will inherit a nice sum one day. :thumbsup:

Archived