IGNORED

Cardiff Attendance

GAS8R

8 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Cardiff got under 18,500 on Saturday who are arguably enjoying their best season for a few years, in the capital of a very busy city with alot of enthusiasm for the game. If we are unhappy with scraping with 20k on a Saturday lunchtime, I think it just goes to show how far we have come. We have attracted an extra 7000 fans in the last few years, it should be celebrated and if we continue with the progress we can really establish our self as a good championship club, should help attract more players in the summer too. 

and tonight they got less than 16.000, were not doing too bad, I think our floating support must be starting to take notice after tonight's result, I think we might get a couple more thousand Saturday.

15 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Still shows that we struggled to get over 10k for certain games, now we are complaining that we might not get 20k for the 3rd match running! 

No, we didn't struggle to 'get over 10k...' - take a look at the season you are quoting regarding the Brentford game (which you rounded down from 10.7k home attendance to 10.5k for some reason!) .....in which of these games (below) did we 'struggle to get over 10k' ??!!  Except, none of them....

Bradford H 13.8k attendance

Wolves H 14.4k attendance

Peterborough H 11.1k attendance

Shrewsbury H 10.1k attendance

Colchester H 10.7k attendance

Brentford H 10.7k attendance

Oldham H 11.3k attendance

Crawley H 10.1k attendance

Sheff Utd 13.2k attendance

Leyton Orient H 10.6k attendance

Rotherham H 11.2k attendance

Walsall H 12k attendance

Stevenage H 12k attendance

MK Dons H 11.5k attendance

Carlisle H 11k attendance

Coventry H 11.3k attendance

Tranmere H 11.3k attendance

Gillimgham 11.4k attendance

Swindon H 14.8k attendance

Port Vale H 11k attendance

PNE H 12.6k attendance

Notts Co H 13.4k attendance

Crewe H 14.5k attendance

Hopefully another good result tonight coupled with our recent form will see a late surge for the game. Be excellent to have our third 20k home crowd in a row (when was the last time that happened?...)

As for our crowds, well I’d rather be in our position where our support is steadily improving than our last two opponents, Sunderland and Fulham, a lot of whose supporters seem to have forgotten where their ground is since they fell out of the Premiership.

Two quieter home supports I have seldom heard (or not heard), While the City fans sang loud and proud.

Are we gonna get a thread like this for every game now? The one last week bemoaning the paltry Palace gate 5 days before it happened turned out to be scaremongering. Since when was it necessary to have your ticket a fortnight in advance? Especially for a game with such a fluid kick off time/date.

1 hour ago, DKM Len said:

Are we gonna get a thread like this for every game now? The one last week bemoaning the paltry Palace gate 5 days before it happened turned out to be scaremongering. Since when was it necessary to have your ticket a fortnight in advance? Especially for a game with such a fluid kick off time/date.

I’ve said this on the other similar threads. They even appear when the fixture in question isn’t even our next match! 

More Cardiff tickets will now start flying out. 

I’m almost certain the crowd will top 20k. 

15 hours ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

Taking the debate a bit off pricing. I buy tickets in the week before and have struggled to get anything decent and a few times haven't bothered because the only ones available were in the front couple of rows.

Now I know its my fault for not committing earlier but it is frustrating that the best stand in the ground for view etc is half closed. I wonder if more people would go if they could get better seats?

Does anyone know when the upper lansdown will be open full time and season tickets available in there?

I think you have got a good point. Many people attend matches with other people and the fact that it could be difficult to find two seats together never mind 3 or 4 will be off putting to many. We could be losing a significant amount of people (£££).

I took a pal from work to the palace game for a 10 er and he enjoyed it ao much he's bought 2 for Saturday at 35 each. I think we need to encourage people thought the door for a reasonable price then they are more likely to come back.

What about the first 3 games for new fans are half price then full if they decide to keep coming. 

20 hours ago, bris red said:

Everything in football is too expensive. Why shouldn't the 'incentive' to be to lower players wages? Instead of fleecing fans for more and more money? . As i said 40 quid to watch BCFC?..Its scandalous.

Don't pay it, stay away then,we're 4th in league and people moaning about £30-40.Then get a season ticket, 

12 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You didn’t answer the other posters question though. How much do you think it should cost, realistically.  

If you can suddenly make it on Saturday, how much would get you typing your card details into the ticket page on the website? 

As I would be paying for 3 tickets I feel £25 is a sufficient price. I would like it to be lower still if possible.

I still find it incredible how things have changed. In the past you just went to the turnstiles half an hour before kick off and payed the same as everyone else, wasn’t too bad then was it!

If the ground was selling out for every game then I could possibly understand the high prices, but it isn’t and except for the visit of the Mancs it ain’t happening anytime soon.

If you feel 7k empty seats are better than 7k paying a ‘decent’ price to sit in them, then fair enough!.

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

As I would be paying for 3 tickets I feel £25 is a sufficient price. I would like it to be lower still if possible.

I still find it incredible how things have changed. In the past you just went to the turnstiles half an hour before kick off and payed the same as everyone else, wasn’t too bad then was it!

If the ground was selling out for every game then I could possibly understand the high prices, but it isn’t and except for the visit of the Mancs it ain’t happening anytime soon.

If you feel 7k empty seats are better than 7k paying a ‘decent’ price to sit in them, then fair enough!.

It’s not the clubs, fault that you have to buy 3 tickets, in fairness. 

Aren’t they kids/young adults, if you are having to pay for them..? In which case the prices are less. £27 if under 22 non member. (£16 or £10 if younger)

Lots of people have said that for reasons of finance a season ticket is beyond them, understandable as we all have different levels of income and financial outlay.

I don't use the credit option for my season ticket, but I wonder if the length of time/number if repayments could be extended so that it's a 12 month purchase rather than a 9 month one? (I think people pay 9 instalments)

That might reduce the monthly outlay a bit for some people and make a season ticket viable.

53 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

The problem is the club needs to be run like a business. Assuming we get an attendance just over 20k (18k home, 2k away) there will be around 6k-7k empty seats. 

Of the "free" spaces approximately 2k are likely to be in the Atyeo which leaves approximately 5k potential ticket sales for the home areas. The club would need to be convinced that the reduction in the ticket pricing would be offset by increased ticket sales, assuming that food and drink sales are relatively insignificant. The fact the club hasn't reduced prices suggests they aren't convinced that a reduction doesn't make business sense. 

The club will also be conscious that frequent reductions in ticket pricing will diminish the value of season tickets for a proportion of the fan base. 

I recognise this is hard for many who can't justify the spending, but at the end of the day it is a business. 

Interestingly tickets for the Cardiff game are close to selling out in the most expensive seats (Lansdown centre) showing that for a proportion of punters the pricing is acceptable. Of course, the other area close to selling out is the South Stand showing that many are more price conscious.

16 minutes ago, Keyardiv said:

Our support has gone to pot. When we were challenging in the upper echelons of the Championship between 2010-2013 and again during our mid-table season of 2014/2015 our average at home was over 20,000 each season and reached over 23,000 in 2010/11. How much of a toll all the off-the-field shennanigans have taken is anybody's guess but there doesn't seem any way of enticing those crowds back this season.

Indeed! Leaving aside your premiership season, where there was the obvious increase, you appear to have gained 5-10k average by moving stadium but since then you have dropped dramatically by 5/6/7k 

2 hours ago, Can't stand me now said:

I think very poor from Cardiff - didn't we sell out our allocation (although I think they did cap our allocation) last season on a Friday night live on sky with no trains?

I’ve heard there’s a sheep shearing competition on in Cardiff (or was it sheep shagging) anyway that’ll be keeping a fair few of them away!!

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s not the clubs, fault that you have to buy 3 tickets, in fairness. 

Aren’t they kids/young adults, if you are having to pay for them..? In which case the prices are less. £27 if under 22 non member. (£16 or £10 if younger)

No it’s not the clubs fault I have to buy 3 tickets, but at the same time, they want to attract more of us supporters don’t they!?.

My lads haven’t got the money, ( nor have I, at the current prices) so it would be £54 for them and whatever mine cost!. Out of the question I’m afraid. 

A decent affordable price structure for potd would swell crowds. Im slightly confused, you only seem to want to look at it from your viewpoint and no one else’s, you come across as someone who seems to believe everyone has plenty of money. 

2600 Cardiff tickets sold and a further 700 handed out I just read and with over 20k home tickets gone I make that nearly 24k. Plus another 1k for pay on the day 250 for nice weather and 500 Rovers fans turning up for free pies and to see what real football looks like oh and a couple hundred ruggers I am thinking 25+ :)

Archived