IGNORED

Cardiff Attendance

GAS8R

11 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

No it’s not the clubs fault I have to buy 3 tickets, but at the same time, they want to attract more of us supporters don’t they!?.

My lads haven’t got the money, ( nor have I, at the current prices) so it would be £54 for them and whatever mine cost!. Out of the question I’m afraid. 

A decent affordable price structure for potd would swell crowds. Im slightly confused, you only seem to want to look at it from your viewpoint and no one else’s, you come across as someone who seems to believe everyone has plenty of money. 

Not in the slightest, I just didn’t understand what it was that you actually wanted the club to do and would deem reasonable. 

You seem a decent sort and a proper fan. If it helps and to get as many there as possible against Cardiff, I’ll offer to cover the difference for you, above the £25 each (£75 for 3 tickets) that you said you’d deem as being reasonable. 

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Lots of people have said that for reasons of finance a season ticket is beyond them, understandable as we all have different levels of income and financial outlay.

I don't use the credit option for my season ticket, but I wonder if the length of time/number if repayments could be extended so that it's a 12 month purchase rather than a 9 month one? (I think people pay 9 instalments)

That might reduce the monthly outlay a bit for some people and make a season ticket viable.

It might just be me, but I think you have just described pay on the day?

7 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

2600 Cardiff tickets sold and a further 700 handed out I just read and with over 20k home tickets gone I make that nearly 24k. Plus another 1k for pay on the day 250 for nice weather and 500 Rovers fans turning up for free pies and to see what real football looks like oh and a couple hundred ruggers I am thinking 25+ :)

I think that the 20,000 mentioned by club, already includes the 2,600 sold to Cardiff fans. So unless a big rush for them, it's probably going to be around 21,000 / 21,500.

I'm sure the ko time keeps it down but then, if it was 15.00, the evening fireworks could stop some who are coming for the mid-day start.

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not in the slightest, I just didn’t understand what it was that you actually wanted the club to do and would deem reasonable. 

You seem a decent sort and a proper fan. If it helps and to get as many there as possible against Cardiff, I’ll offer to cover the difference for you, above the £25 each (£75 for 3 tickets) that you said you’d deem as being reasonable. 

Could you be any more condescending?

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I think that the 20,000 mentioned by club, already includes the 2,600 sold to Cardiff fans. So unless a big rush for them, it's probably going to be around 21,000 / 21,500.

I'm sure the ko time keeps it down but then, if it was 15.00, the evening fireworks could stop some who are coming for the mid-day start.

Not how I read it but you could be right.

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

6 minutes ago, harrys said:

Could you be any more condescending?

Whats wrong with his offer? You're happy for the club to subsidise the cost but not Bar BS3.

18 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It might just be me, but I think you have just described pay on the day?

I'm talking about extending the terms of the credit facility so people are able to spread the cost over 12 months rather than the current period.

Given the season is only about 9 months there would be a period of paying but no playing; but if adding another 3 repayment points reduced the monthly cost, some might find it more affordable.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'm talking about extending the terms of the credit facility so people are able to spread the cost over 12 months rather than the current period.

Given the season is only about 9 months there would be a period of paying but no playing; but if adding another 3 repayment points reduced the monthly cost, some might find it more affordable.

I might be wrong Rob but from the clubs point of view, the point of season ticket is to give them guaranteed income up front, cash they can invest and presumably make interest on, hence the discounted prices for buying one. Whilst I agree about making football more affordable, I don't think spreading the payments too far is a good business decision, plus the problem of people  possibly defaulting on payments could put them in an awkward position in some cases.

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Not how I read it but you could be right.

And the winner is @cidered abroad

Screenshot_20171101-193412.png

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Thanks for the offer, it’s very much appreciated, but as I have said on several posts lately, I’m involved in non league football on Saturday afternoons nowadays.

i stated this in ‘post 82’ of this thread.

If I wasn’t I would be a member or ST holder at AG ( as I always was before).  My point all along has been that because of not knowing until very late ( games I’m attending being postponed for example ) if i\we can get to City, I find the potd prices very high, I just don’t think people in my position should be forced to pay sky high prices simply because i don’t know if I can attend a game till very late on.

Thanks once again :yes:.

3 hours ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

Upper Lansdown appears to now be open for "general" sale. Screenshot_20171101-172354.thumb.png.90777dbc6e453d27318362bac2fd6f25.png

Oi. Just bought 2 in the area that has been covered by black netting by the looks of things!

No swearing please on Saturday.... bringing the partner for her first ever football game. I'll be the one explaining the offside rule for 90 minutes!

Guys, this is a club that has never won a major trophy, a club that has not been in the top flight since 1980, never been in the Prem, not even made a League cup semi for nearly 3 decades. Our most notable achievement is to be relegated from Division 1 straight to Division 4. Our greatest player is someone most people have never heard of who was a part time teacher. In spite of all of this, we are averaging over 20k this season. Personally I think it's a fantastic tribute to the support we have which is increasing year on year. Sure it might not always be the most vocal these days, at home, but that is pretty impressive none the less.

Hopefully this Saturday we can finally muller the Cardiff and really start to dream. 

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Thanks for the offer, it’s very much appreciated, but as I have said on several posts lately, I’m involved in non league football on Saturday afternoons nowadays.

i stated this in ‘post 82’ of this thread.

If I wasn’t I would be a member or ST holder at AG ( as I always was before).  My point all along has been that because of not knowing until very late ( games I’m attending being postponed for example ) if i\we can get to City, I find the potd prices very high, I just don’t think people in my position should be forced to pay sky high prices simply because i don’t know if I can attend a game till very late on.

Thanks once again :yes:.

Bill, you don’t need to explain, most level headed people know that the potd price are far too much for some people 

1 hour ago, Moor2Sea said:

Oi. Just bought 2 in the area that has been covered by black netting by the looks of things!

No swearing please on Saturday.... bringing the partner for her first ever football game. I'll be the one explaining the offside rule for 90 minutes!

Let's hope you don't have to explain the offside rule to the linesman after yet another ridiculous decision against us..:yawn:

How do prices at AG compare with the rest of the Championship.

A quick look on line , Forest v QPR is £26. 

Villa is £27

Birmingham City is £20

It does seem that Bristol City is expensive compared to the rest.

I know a few people who don’t go every week due to work or they play on a Saturday and the price of tickets are putting them off, and these are not poor people but they feel paying £40 is just to expensive.

Im sure if the club reduced tickets to around £27 it will nearly sell out every game and buy reducing the price to this level and putting an extract 4000 on the gate will increase the revenue coming through the gate and that’s not including food and beer sales.

I’m sure the club regularly reviews admission prices but at the moment I feel it’s not quite right.

I have a ST and I would love to see the ground full every week and I’m sure we are close to this if we reduce the ticket price and the club won’t lose revenue.

14 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Villa is £27

Birmingham City is £20

I know a few people who don’t go every week due to work or they play on a Saturday and the price of tickets are putting them off, and these are not poor people but they feel paying £40 is just to expensive.

Im sure if the club reduced tickets to around £27 it will nearly sell out every game and buy reducing the price to this level and putting an extract 4000 on the gate will increase the revenue coming through the gate and that’s not including food and beer sales.

I’m sure the club regularly reviews admission prices but at the moment I feel it’s not quite right.

I have a ST and I would love to see the ground full every week and I’m sure we are close to this if we reduce the ticket price and the club won’t lose revenue.

I paid £22 against both Burton and Barnsley. It's only due to the nature of the opposition that prices start from £27 on the weekend. I'm not therefore sure what you mean by reducing 'tickets to around £27', as they are already at that level and usually much lower.

19 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

The linesman for Saturday is one Sian Massey, so I hope that girls understand the offside rule. Does she have decent legs?

3 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Villa is £27

Birmingham City is £20

Conveniently quoting the most expensive non-member ticket for us I see, the best seats in the house in the middle of a brand new stand with facilities that put most in this division to shame - even "bigger" clubs like Villa.

Adult tickets for members for this game were available from £28 for this game and from £23 for silver category games.

I would also hazard a guess that the prices you quote for other clubs don't apply when they're playing a derby game.

For what it's worth I do think we're a bit overpriced, but let's at least look at the whole picture.

22 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Villa is £27

Birmingham City is £20

The cheapest prices for a non-member matchday adult ticket for Saturday's game was £33.  Assuming prices are dropped across the board by £6 to reach the £27 mentioned above, the loss of revenue to the club would be around £50k (about 8000 tickets).  To offset this at a price of £27/ticket would require the selling of an extra 1800 tickets.  Whilst such increased sales are not impossible they are also not guaranteed. 

Cheaper prices have been offered for other games, but Crystal Palace cup match aside I believe the largest attendances have been reserved for the more expensive games eg Leeds, Aston Villa and now Cardiff.  

I accept that there will be some increase in associated merchandise/food/drink sales associated with the extra attendees but that is probably likely to be marginal, especially if they are that price sensitive that a £6 difference in price is what will make them attend.  There are also some marginal increases in costs associated with a higher attendance (stewarding, first aid provision, cleaning etc) and I would hazard a guess this probably cancels out increased food and drink sales.  

If matchday prices were frequently reduced for a number of fans the perceived value of a season ticket would decrease and ultimately it is the season ticket holders who provide the solid financial base.  

I would love to see more tickets sold at a more affordable price for all fans, but as long as we keep getting 20k+ gates it is hard to see the financial case for doing so.  

As a member here's a selection of the home games I've been to in the last 18 months or so:-

- Blackburn, £10 "bring a friend" ticket

- Hull, £13

- Birmingham £15

- Palace £15

- One game using free adult ticket that comes with child membership

- A handful of other games at members price in the Dolman stand, usually £28 each.

I don't consider that to be unreasonable.

18 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

As a member here's a selection of the home games I've been to in the last 18 months or so:-

- Blackburn, £10 "bring a friend" ticket

- Hull, £13

- Birmingham £15

- Palace £15

- One game using free adult ticket that comes with child membership

- A handful of other games at members price in the Dolman stand, usually £28 each.

I don't consider that to be unreasonable.

So the majority of games that you've been to have been at the cheaper end of the scale then? Not wishing to argue but doesn't that prove the point trying to be made by some that cheaper tickets equals bigger attendance? Your 5 game average is £10.60 a pop? Appreciate you've also bought a few more expensive ones also which will push that up but still a good price. 

Personally, as a ST holder I have absolutely no problems with the club offering the tickets at as cheap a rate possible to get the crowds in. The more the merrier. A ST is an investment in the club that comes with perks (see the clamour for Man U tickets) and also provides a cheap match day ticket price as well. I'm lucky enough to be able to afford the outlay and be in a position whereby a ST is a sensible investment but not everyone is.  And I don't see why we should preclude those that aren't. They should be encouraged.  More the merrier imho. 

Archived