IGNORED

Tammy rejected Nigeria : Now named in the England squad (Merged)

Reigate Red

18 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

My hundred quid bet with a mate last season that he would be going to next years World Cup is looking stronger by the day! Well in Tammy

I said it all Summer to my mates that he'd be going to Russia 2018. Now they're seeing what he's all about in the premier league, they're now agreeing with me. 

I really don't like this getting picked before being established as a Premier League player.  Setting them up to fail.  Well run national teams don't do it unless the players are outstanding.  And none of the 3 mentioned compare to say Dembele, Mpappe etc.  It really shows how desperate we are. You wouldn't see the Germans or Spanish doing it.  They'd have to establish themselves first in La Liga / Bundesliga.  We're  making the problem with the lack of English EPL players worse.  

• Admin
4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

I really don't like this getting picked before being established as a Premier League player.  Setting them up to fail.  Well run national teams don't do it unless the players are outstanding.  And none of the 3 mentioned compare to say Dembele, Mpappe etc.  It really shows how desperate we are. You wouldn't see the Germans or Spanish doing it.  They'd have to establish themselves first in La Liga / Bundesliga.  We're  making the problem with the lack of English EPL players worse.  

Kind of agree - but these are the kind of games we have to chuck untried players into

5 minutes ago, The Bard said:

And who do you consider to be an alternative english striker to play in a friendly and maybe learn about a players ability?

9 minutes ago, fishy said:

And who do you consider to be an alternative english striker to play in a friendly and maybe learn about a players ability?

'Learn about a player's ability'?  If he's thinking that way then Southgate needs to be sacked now.  This is where he starts being serious about who is going to play.  Joe Gomez?? FFS

19 minutes ago, The Bard said:

'Learn about a player's ability'?  If he's thinking that way then Southgate needs to be sacked now.  This is where he starts being serious about who is going to play.  Joe Gomez?? FFS

so shall we just play established players in a friendly and learn nothing about fringe players?

37 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Can't agree with that. I would much rather try out new players in these friendly games than seeing the usual lot who are uninspiring at best.

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

so shall we just play established players in a friendly and learn nothing about fringe players?

He should already know about his ability. My point is that either he is guessing which is bad, or he actually thinks they are up to it which genuinely concerns me.  I think Tammy will play a lot for England but we are pushing players up too quickly.  

4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

He should already know about his ability. My point is that either he is guessing which is bad, or he actually thinks they are up to it which genuinely concerns me.  I think Tammy will play a lot for England but we are pushing players up too quickly.  

like what we did with wayne rooney?

Southgate knows  his ability but no one knows his ability at senior international level and no one ever will if he isn't given a chance

9 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Not our player...never was .  Don't really care (don't wish him ill BTW) Let's be fair ......in this day and age if you're English and play regular Prem you'll play for England !

Or if you're English and are a top 6 registered player (important) and are either a squad player or they loan you out somewhere, you get picked. Even if you're in a side bottom of the league and you look half interested against Championship sides in cup matches...  

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Not our player...never was .  Don't really care (don't wish him ill BTW) Let's be fair ......in this day and age if you're English and play regular Prem you'll play for England !

No, but most players don't stay too long these days.

Mutual admiration between Tammy and the club/fans while he was here and his heart very much in BCFC as far as I could see.

He was outstanding and always gave 100% for BCFC last season and became very much one of our own, even more laudible as he knew his stay here was finite.

As far as wishing him well and being pleased at his ongoing success, that'll do for me.

Archived