IGNORED

27 Points

old_eastender

What fact more impresses me is that we have taken at least a point from 13 teams already.

I know that is a bit “well - duh - we have only lost 2 out of 15” but still amazing nonetheless.

Most people would take that after 25 to 30 games - to be there after 15 is quite stunning. I wonder how long that took last year?

8 minutes ago, Neo said:

What fact more impresses me is that we have taken at least a point from 13 teams already.

I know that is a bit “well - duh - we have only lost 2 out of 15” but still amazing nonetheless.

Most people would take that after 25 to 30 games - to be there after 15 is quite stunning. I wonder how long that took last year?

It took us until February 11th if my counting is correct to take at least a point from 13 teams. 29 Games

10 minutes ago, Bailey is Right said:

Sadly, I think that comparison or at least sense of reservedness will be about until we come out of the Christmas period. Thats when we'll hopefully be rid of the comparrison!

But were a totally different team from 1 year ago, personally I cant envision it happening, thankfully. :fingerscrossed:

You're right. I may relax by Jan 2nd. 

8 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

Get the Cardiff monkey off our backs and more on.

Was a bit of talk on here earlier that we had only played teams in the bottom half.

After playing Cardiff I think we will have played 6 of the top 9.

A result Saturday and all things being equal we have to consider our self contenders.

35 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Was a bit of talk on here earlier that we had only played teams in the bottom half.

A result Saturday and all things being equal we have to consider our self contenders.

Think it is possible to argue the eight we have left to play are a little tougher than an average eight.

3 are in the top third, including two of the top three, 4 are in the middle eight, and one in the bottom eight. That last team are Hull who are only just in that third, as we have played the bottom seven.

Not suggesting it's a biggie, and of course our results against them affect their position as well when much if the table is so tight. Just taking it a game at a time and enjoying the ride right now.

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

Think it is possible to argue the eight we have left to play are a little tougher than an average eight.

3 are in the top third, including two of the top three, 4 are in the middle eight, and one in the bottom eight. That last team are Hull who are only just in that third, as we have played the bottom seven.

Not suggesting it's a biggie, and of course our results against them affect their position as well when much if the table is so tight. Just taking it a game at a time and enjoying the ride right now.

Maybe they are only in those positions because we’ve not taken points off of them. Yet..!?! 

10 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

We seem to have an edge this season and I think New Year will give a true reflection of how well we've come along.

All said and done, things are looking up and I'm a happy chappie.

Archived