IGNORED

Simon Grayson Sacked

cheshire_red

Sunderland haven’t signed anyone permanently of any real quality for god knows how long but still managed to sell Jordan Pickford to Everton for £30m during the summer, which should of been enough to allow them to spend a bit over the summer but they didn’t, they relied on loan signings mainly.

Grayson should of got some assurances (which I guess he didn’t) when he took the job because would anyone really take on such a job with such a small transfer budget available, with such a big job on!

This is part of what I was saying last season with us (and in fact applies more here as Grayson has a proven record at this level). But who are they getting in who is better equipped to deal with the position they are in? If they don't know that already then why is he gone? The most plausible name that I've heard that would make sense due to what he did there before (though I'd still rather have Grayson) is Roy Keane. But if they are even considering him why not wait until ROI qualification is sorted. He won't make a decision until then anyway.

3 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

This is part of what I was saying last season with us (and in fact applies more here as Grayson has a proven record at this level). But who are they getting in who is better equipped to deal with the position they are in? If they don't know that already then why is he gone? The most plausible name that I've heard that would make sense due to what he did there before (though I'd still rather have Grayson) is Roy Keane. But if they are even considering him why not wait until ROI qualification is sorted. He won't make a decision until then anyway.

It doesn’t make any sense, if Sunderland are in as bad a financial position as we’re lead to be believed, then why sack someone a few months in a contract? Why not hope the club are going to be taken over & let the new owners bring their own man in (as they inevitably do).

Any new manager coming in is going to expect money in January to strengthen the squad but if they aren’t able to do that, who’s going to come in? Other than someone like John O’Shea stepping up as a player manager type of position.

Is a big name manager (in terms of the Championship) really going to want it (Big Sam, McLaren, Moyes, Pardew etc).

I’d be more than a little worried if I was anything to do with Sunderland FC.

11 hours ago, Super said:

amazing stat

At The Stadium of Light in 2017, Sunderland have been ahead for a combined total of 3 minutes

Another amazing stat. A team was relegated out of the Football League and into the Conference having only occupied a relegation position for a little longer than that. Apparently.

On 31/10/2017 at 23:25, Jacki said:

Absolute basket case of a club. Grayson must be wondering why on earth he took that job. Who next for them I wonder? 

£££.

Add in bigger potential than Preston.

A nice red stripey kit .

Palm trees , golden sandy beaches .

The best hairdressers in England.

I could go on and probably will . 

42 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

£££.

Add in bigger potential than Preston.

A nice red stripey kit .

Palm trees , golden sandy beaches .

The best hairdressers in England.

I could go on and probably will . 

All very fair points. 

When you lay out the positives like that, maybe there is a danger of LJ going there after all....

Watch out Sunderland, Harry Redknapp is getting bored!

“I am getting bored though, I must admit. Sandra is getting more bored of me, more importantly.

"Sunderland is a great club with great tradition. It shouldn’t be where it is at the moment. 

“It is another club that should be doing a lot better."

Archived