IGNORED

Bryan for England

Dolman_Stand

Will Joe Bryan ever play for England?  

352 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What a massive overreaction. He has probably been the best LB in the league this season, but to suggest Gareth Southgate would pick him ahead of Rose/Bertrand/Cresswell/Gibbs etc. is just silly in my opinion.

EDIT: Something tells me he's eligible for Scotland too? Not sure where his allegiances lie (I'd assume England) but that's a far more realistic proposition.

4 minutes ago, Distortia said:

What a massive overreaction. He has probably been the best LB in the league this season, but to suggest Gareth Southgate would pick him ahead of Rose/Bertrand/Cresswell/Gibbs etc. is just silly in my opinion.

EDIT: Something tells me he's eligible for Scotland too? Not sure where his allegiances lie (I'd assume England) but that's a far more realistic proposition.

Hmm not convinced he is too far behind those names you've mentioned

Just now, Dolman_Stand said:

Hmm not convinced he is too far behind those names you've mentioned

Even if you completely disregard ability, in terms of experience, those 4 players all have over 100 Premier League appearances to their names. Massive gulf in class. You can add Shaw to the list if you like, but sadly it looks like his career is completely stagnant at this point in time.

Just now, Distortia said:

Even if you completely disregard ability, in terms of experience, those 4 players all have over 100 Premier League appearances to their names. Massive gulf in class. You can add Shaw to the list if you like, but sadly it looks like his career is completely stagnant at this point in time.

Fair point, don't think its beyond the realms of possibility though that it could happen at some point in his career.

7 minutes ago, Distortia said:

He never asked if we thought he'd go to the World Cup next year!  What you have to remember is that he's still young (hard to believe) and he will almost certainly play in the Prem.  Once he's up there, it's not a stretch to think he could get a look in in a friendly at the very least in a few years.  And from there, who knows?

Good grief there's some serious premature reactions on here! Yep it's going well, yep we are getting fantastic results at the moment....but it's October.....we ain't Swindon are we? Do we claim to have won things or achieved things before Xmas?! There are people on here claiming we will go up and our players will play for England....I love the 'cider effect' but come on, it's October....

Bryan is having a better season and is improving. But whooaaah! Last season he was almost unanimously acknowledged to have had a pretty poor season. I personally thought he was one of the poorest players of the regular first team last season. 

He's improving this year but let's keep a perspective, blimey. 

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Joe Bryan is simply class. The best full back by a mile in this league. Please please let's keep him at least to the summer. 

Again 'best full back by a mile in this league'? I think i even jumped the gun calling him 'top draw at this level' It was only last season that in quite a few games he was very very poor and as harry said one of our worst first team players.

47 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Alonso @ Chelsea, Alba @ Barcelona, Marcelo @ Madrid, Alaba@ Munich, Sandro @ Juventus

:laugh: at 2 of those. The other three are of the standard of Rose. 

Why do england fans refuse to accept we have world class players in Kane, Walker, Rose and Alli.

1 minute ago, JasonM88 said:

Why do england fans refuse to accept we have world class players in Kane, Walker, Rose and Alli.

Once they prove it on a world stage I'll believe it. To date, none of them have. 

2 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Probably because they don't expect them to make much of an impression come the World Cup. 

3 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Let's see how good Rose is once he comes back from his injury. He's been out a long time and won't be the same level as before. Walker is not World class. He wasn't even the best right back at Tottenham. All is having a anonymous season so far. Kane I do agree with.

1 hour ago, Distortia said:

I'm pretty sure he said about being a bit Scottish that he'd prefer to sit on the bench for 1 game for England than get 100 caps for Scotland.

35 minutes ago, Harry said:

Bryan is having a better season and is improving. But whooaaah! Last season he was almost unanimously acknowledged to have had a pretty poor season. I personally thought he was one of the poorest players of the regular first team last season. 

He was my weak link last season along with Little. Those two positions were a massive priority in the summer, huge in fact. As time and time again we were getting done down the flanks! 

The difference for me this season with Bryan is pure and simple, his confidence. He’s taking players on, winning his tackles, headers, not afraid to shoot etc. 

He’s a real intelligent lad, he’ll know he’s got a long way to go but he’s got all the right attributes to go a long way in football.

I’m over the moon for him.

4 hours ago, Distortia said:

Gordon Strachan once gave him a call about playing for Scotland. He declined the invitation.

7 hours ago, Harry said:

I said something along the lines last season of he needs to "want it more" - he almost seemed disinterested at times. Boy he wants it this year (nurse). It's great to see. (Or hear) 

Archived