IGNORED

Macca and Holden

Sniper

Can't think that our current success and great team spirt are just down to LJ.

Whenever I hear Macca or Holden speak on the Post/Pre videos it just seems oh so right, and they both have a glint in their eyes that something special is going on.

Some players fit a team, likewise staff, and bringing these two in was a masterstroke as the players can have a laugh with them at the same time having total respect for them.

So Jamie and Dean we salute you ........:clapping::chant6ez:

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes. Well done LJ for bringing them in..! 

Indeed.

LJ was given license by SL to bring in his own backroom staff and he's done just that. He'brought in Holden and Macca as his main support. Two guys he knows well and respects their skills. 

Its all a part of SLs plan to stabilise the club and why he was so reluctant to sack him last season.

It didn't seem like it at the time to some but it was the right decision.We're seeing the benefits of that so far this season.

Amusing to think how last year we had ridiculous threads about Holden being some sort of Jonah (even when our fans had no idea about his impact day to day) and LJ was chastised for bringing him in..

A year on and there’s threads commending both assistants - saying it can’t be LJ alone getting all the credit!

Funny how football does that.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Amusing to think how last year we had ridiculous threads about Holden being some sort of Jonah (even when our fans had no idea about his impact day to day) and LJ was chastised for bringing him in..

A year on and there’s threads commending both assistants - saying it can’t be LJ alone getting all the credit!

Funny how football does that.

Likewise multiple threads about how Bryan, Reid, O’Dowda, to name a few, simply aren’t good enough for the championship...

7 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Likewise multiple threads about how Bryan, Reid, O’Dowda, to name a few, simply aren’t good enough for the championship...

I think it’s partly just down to the mentality of being a football fan.

For some fans, it was totally alien for the club to be spending 7 figure fees on players and then not playing them immediately. A decade before that was our record fee. It’s a learning curve for our fans because we’ve always been a club for the here and now rather than a season or three’s time. As evidenced by threads about the ‘worth’ of our squad; many people haven’t quite grasped market value of players yet.

Fans always like to have an opinion. It’s difficult for fans to say ‘I can’t really comment on that because I don’t know’ - which means they have to have an opinion on Holden despite not really knowing his impact good or bad. This is even more prevelant when things are going wrong.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think that's the key, not that Pembo was a good or bad coach, just how he fitted into the team, the evidence from outside suggests he didn't.

Exactly. As in any job you have to have the right personnel. It could have been Pembo was too much like LJ/not enough like LJ. They agreed too much or didn't agree enough? It seems now the balance within is now right and this has transferred to the players, they are the same. One or two which don't fit in for whatever reason can upset everything

6 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I'll hold my hands up and say that I was one of those who said Reid wasn't good enough. And I stand by that - his performances in midfield last year were not Championship standard.

I'm bloody delighted he's proved me wrong this year though :dancing6:

18 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

I'll hold my hands up and say that I was one of those who said Reid wasn't good enough. And I stand by that - his performances in midfield last year were not Championship standard.

Fair play mate. 

You were absolutely right to a certain extent though. 

He is a different player up top. Credit all round for that move forwards...

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

Indeed.

LJ was given license by SL to bring in his own backroom staff and he's done just that. He'brought in Holden and Macca as his main support. Two guys he knows well and respects their skills. 

Its all a part of SLs plan to stabilise the club and why he was so reluctant to sack him last season.

It didn't seem like it at the time to some but it was the right decision.We're seeing the benefits of that so far this season.

Something is in the water. I am agreeing with all your posts of late. I'm going to have a lie down.

1 hour ago, El Hombrecito said:

Likewise, myself. For a number of years Bobby has been "a promising youngster". To me he was always too lightweight.

This season he has proved to be what we have all been waiting for. Incredible transformation, and a masterstroke by LJ, in moving him further upfield.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

For some fans, it was totally alien for the club to be spending 7 figure fees on players and then not playing them immediately. A decade before that was our record fee. It’s a learning curve for our fans because we’ve always been a club for the here and now rather than a season or three’s time. As evidenced by threads about the ‘worth’ of our squad; many people haven’t quite grasped market value of players yet.

Fans always like to have an opinion. It’s difficult for fans to say ‘I can’t really comment on that because I don’t know’ - which means they have to have an opinion on Holden despite not really knowing his impact good or bad. This is even more prevelant when things are going wrong.

There'd be barely any posts on here though, if you could only post if you knew what you were talking about. There'd be bugger all from me, that's for sure.

30 minutes ago, reddoc said:

There'd be barely any posts on here though, if you could only post if you knew what you were talking about. There'd be bugger all from me, that's for sure.

Exactly. It’s funny really because on a match day, we as fans only see about 5% of the work from that week and that’s all we have to go on.

You can understand in a way the occasional dismissiveness from some managers ex-players and current players about the opinions of supporters.

Said on here several times that I was sick about what happened to Pembo and especially with MA's bullshit smarmy explanation

BUT

Take my hat of to the Club for having put together a great management team. Developing young players is the true sign of good coaching. O'Dowda especially has truly come out of his shell.

I've always been envious of other Clubs having bags of nippy, skilful, quick-thinking players. Well now we've got that, plus a defence that can see out a game without doing the usual "City thing" in injury time

IF WE BEAT THE SHEEP SHAGGERS AT ASHTON GATE I WILL TRULY START TO BELIEVE!

12 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’ll also helps educate fans ( myself included )by the club having more of a long term mentality . The likes of Eliasson coming in will be given more time too grow and adjust because of Brownhill , O’Dowda etc becoming much better players after being allowed the time by the club to develop . It was great to see Bakinson come on against palace knowing the club has a vision and a manager with the guts to play the young un’s. 

Archived