IGNORED

Fulham Forum - Praise for BCFC (merged)

Xiled

Fulham must be sick of playing us at Craven Cottage so the generous comments in this thread are particularly surprising:

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=62322.0

Contrasts with Sunderland's forum on Saturday night where there was barely a mention of us (it was mostly about getting rid of Grayson).

I love it when we get a result but it's all the better to read praise from opposition fans. Huge credit to them for the positives they saw in our play.

"Bristol were brilliant tonight and fully deserved their victory. I applaud them for illustrating what attractive football is, and in fact they made me think of our squad in the second half of last year. They were strong, fluid, and didn't need many chances to score a goal. They didn't time waste and they were staunch in defence. I hope they go far this year. Best team we've seen all year,"

2 minutes ago, Mr Roper said:

MInd you I remember fans on opposition forums saying we werent that great etc etc the year we won League One . Par for the course I suppose .Still nice to see the ones who do praise us .

When we were running away with league one, teams were just jealous. "They hate us because they aint us!"

4 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

Stewart was gracious in defeat in conceded that the Hammers were good value for their 3-1 victory on a chilly evening under the lights at the Mem.

“West Ham obviously train together all the time, that wasn’t the same with our boys. They train very rarely with each other,” said Stewart.

Best had start training together then. 

#notrocketscience

5 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

Stewart was gracious in defeat in conceded that the Hammers were good value for their 3-1 victory on a chilly evening under the lights at the Mem.

“West Ham obviously train together all the time, that wasn’t the same with our boys. They train very rarely with each other,” said Stewart.

Who the hell do they train with then. Ha ha. Shambolic 

Some of these comments being said by opposition fans remind me of the play off final season. A couple would say we played well but there are so many who would say we cheated, got lucky with a goal or decision and we won’t go up. Let the fans keep thinking that and we steadily start racking up the points. 

We havent beaten anyone in top 11 yet and were well and truely turned over by Leeds. We need to beat teams around us to prove that we are capable of lasting the pace. Saturday v Cardiff will be a massive test and a pointer as to where we are. Just one win and six defeats in the last eight against them says it all. 

4 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

We havent beaten anyone in top 11 yet and were well and truely turned over by Leeds. We need to beat teams around us to prove that we are capable of lasting the pace. Saturday v Cardiff will be a massive test and a pointer as to where we are. Just one win and six defeats in the last eight against them says it all. 

What does it say? 

3 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Beat Derby, & Ipswich, & only lost to Leeds in top 11

5 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

So, pissing over derby and Ipswich were figments of my imagination then?

6 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Derby County. Ipswich Town.

Other than that you make a good point.

@Frenchay Red @Merrick's Marvels @RedRaw

Derby I will give you.

Ipswich was a good win for sure and great as it was the first time in so long up there...but they are now dropping right off as predicted. 7 losses in 10 I believe since their unxpectedly good start.

You know what though, despite what I said just there I do think we are roughly where we should be on merit though- I stand by what I said about Ipswich though!

19 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Or... we’ve played 6 of the top 11 teams and only lost 1. 

And have actually beaten 2 of them - I don’t know what you were looking at with your comment..!

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Frenchay Red @Merrick's Marvels @RedRaw

Derby I will give you.

Ipswich was a good win for sure and great as it was the first time in so long up there...but they are now dropping right off as predicted. 7 losses in 10 I believe since their unxpectedly good start.

You know what though, despite what I said just there I do think we are roughly where we should be on merit though- I stand by what I said about Ipswich though!

Ipswich had only lost once at home before we played them and 4 of those 7 defeats were our game with them and games since. It’s always a tough place to get a result, especially for us, so dont really get what you’re trying to suggest

6 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Ipswich had only lost once at home before we played them and 4 of those 7 defeats were our game with them and games since. It’s always a tough place to get a result, especially for us, so dont really get what you’re trying to suggest

They were arguably in a false position- a midtable to lower midtable side tbh. To put it another way, their performances were being outmatched by results.

I'll agree it's a tough away game and very happy we won there especially as we almost never do.

What I am saying is they (Ipswich) beat lower midtable to lowly sides and they got more than they deserved arguably at times even then. It's a good win for us but the Derby win and the Wolves draw even were more encouraging for me.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They were arguably in a false position- a midtable to lower midtable side tbh.

I'll agree it's a tough away game and very happy we won there especially as we almost never do.

We can only beat what is in front of us and at the time we played them, they were in relatively good form.......they are still in the top 11 which is what oldandreddies based his incorrect point on.

I’m sure a few opposition fans believe we are in a false position 

8 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

How tough the game is going to be.

What is the relevance that we have lost against them so many times?

about 4 games ago against them our line up was this.  No relevance to Saturday at all that we lost that game. 

GoalkeeperTom Heaton
DefenderBrendan Moloney
Defender/Centre BackLiam Fontaine
Defender/Centre backLewin Nyatanga
Defender/MidfielderRicky Foster
MidfielderPaul Anderson
MidfielderMarvin Elliott
MidfielderLiam Kelly
MidfielderStephen Pearson
ForwardSteve Davies
ForwardJon Stead

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Or... we’ve played 6 of the top 11 teams and only lost 1. 

And have actually beaten 2 of them - I don’t know what you were looking at with your comment..!

Forgot about Derby, oops ! you know what im getting at though. Winning position v Wolves, stuffed v Leeds, couldnt beat a poor Villa side at home, didnt trouble Norwich away. To be a top 6 team and stay there we will need to turn these teams over. Cardiff will be a nice start !

8 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

We can only beat what is in front of us and at the time we played them, they were in relatively good form.......they are still in the top 11 which is what oldandreddies based his incorrect point on.

I’m sure a few opposition fans believe we are in a false position 

Yeah I agree, we can only beat what's in front of us- and we did, won well- a very positive win.

I don't think we are in a false position. Give or take a point or 2 here or there we probably roughly have about what we should IMO. Ipswich OTOH, underlying stats as far back as end of August suggested a definite downturn was round the corner. Plus look at who their wins were against.

Anyway, you know what- I'm just gonna be happy and enjoying the fact we are playing so well after a few bad years! Number crunching (unless it's the number of days above Rovers) can wait for another time!

1 minute ago, OldlandReddies said:

Forgot about Derby, oops ! you know what im getting at though. Winning position v Wolves, stuffed v Leeds, couldnt beat a poor Villa side at home, didnt trouble Norwich away. To be a top 6 team and stay there we will need to turn these teams over. Cardiff will be a nice start !

Actually I don’t. Villa are not a poor team. 

Points away at top of the table Wolves and a decent Norwich, are part of what have got us where we are, so far. Not what will cost us finishing there come May. 

Every game I’m thinking, this will be where it ends and every game (apart from Leeds) I’m delighted to be wrong. And our reaction since the Leeds defeat has been nothing short of superb. 

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

What is the relevance that we have lost against them so many times?

about 4 games ago against them our line up was this.  No relevance to Saturday at all that we lost that game. 

GoalkeeperTom Heaton
DefenderBrendan Moloney
Defender/Centre BackLiam Fontaine
Defender/Centre backLewin Nyatanga
Defender/MidfielderRicky Foster
MidfielderPaul Anderson
MidfielderMarvin Elliott
MidfielderLiam Kelly
MidfielderStephen Pearson
ForwardSteve Davies
ForwardJon Stead

Think you've just answered your own question. The sides weve had in past havent been good enough to beat Cardiff. If our current team can then, imho, we will prove that we are worthy top 6 material.

4 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Think you've just answered your own question. The sides weve had in past havent been good enough to beat Cardiff. If our current team can then, imho, we will prove that we are worthy top 6 material.

So 6 games against teams in the top 11 don’t show us anything, but one game against Cardiff will..?!

Archived