IGNORED

Fulham Forum - Praise for BCFC (merged)

Xiled

41 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

We havent beaten anyone in top 11 yet and were well and truely turned over by Leeds. We need to beat teams around us to prove that we are capable of lasting the pace. Saturday v Cardiff will be a massive test and a pointer as to where we are. Just one win and six defeats in the last eight against them says it all. 

Two defeats one away from home after 8 away games in this unforgiving league.

Your not convinced we could be contenders? Bloody good when we play a good side away maybe Wolves?

Then we might see if we have any chance. Never mind 24 points and we safe.

7 hours ago, RedDave said:

What is the relevance that we have lost against them so many times?

about 4 games ago against them our line up was this.  No relevance to Saturday at all that we lost that game. 

GoalkeeperTom Heaton
DefenderBrendan Moloney
Defender/Centre BackLiam Fontaine
Defender/Centre backLewin Nyatanga
Defender/MidfielderRicky Foster
MidfielderPaul Anderson
MidfielderMarvin Elliott
MidfielderLiam Kelly
MidfielderStephen Pearson
ForwardSteve Davies
ForwardJon Stead

Jesus Christ that makes me feel sick. 

7 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

We havent beaten anyone in top 11 yet and were well and truely turned over by Leeds. We need to beat teams around us to prove that we are capable of lasting the pace. Saturday v Cardiff will be a massive test and a pointer as to where we are. Just one win and six defeats in the last eight against them says it all. 

accept Derby and ipswich, Took a point off of villa (full of ex prem) wolves who spending makes us look like rovers, Norwich in other words you are talking shite 

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

accept Derby and ipswich, Took a point off of villa (full of ex prem) wolves who spending makes us look like rovers, Norwich in other words you are talking shite 

Nah, not talking shite. Making the point we need to beat teams around us to be proper challengers this season. That when teams like ex prem Villa, Leeds with their history/fans and Cardiff with the expectation from the fans, the white hot atmosphere, the 'clever'/wise manager, We need to turn them over like we are doing to other teams in order to go that extra step towards getting out of this division. I, as much as any other City fan want that to happen and i hope it starts Saturday.Not talking shite.

11 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Nah, not talking shite. Making the point we need to beat teams around us to be proper challengers this season. That when teams like ex prem Villa, Leeds with their history/fans and Cardiff with the expectation from the fans, the white hot atmosphere, the 'clever'/wise manager, We need to turn them over like we are doing to other teams in order to go that extra step towards getting out of this division. I, as much as any other City fan want that to happen and i hope it starts Saturday.Not talking shite.

Weren't Ipswich above us when we beat them? I know what you mean but we also drew with Wolves, beat Derby (5th with a game in hand) 4-1, and we will see what the score is on Saturday. I think we've done fine in that regard so far this season.

8 hours ago, RedDave said:

What is the relevance that we have lost against them so many times?

about 4 games ago against them our line up was this.  No relevance to Saturday at all that we lost that game. 

GoalkeeperTom Heaton
DefenderBrendan Moloney
Defender/Centre BackLiam Fontaine
Defender/Centre backLewin Nyatanga
Defender/MidfielderRicky Foster
MidfielderPaul Anderson
MidfielderMarvin Elliott
MidfielderLiam Kelly
MidfielderStephen Pearson
ForwardSteve Davies
ForwardJon Stead

******* hell mate Halloween ended yesterday. That is a frightening team and no wonder we were at the bottom end of the table for so long. 

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They were arguably in a false position- a midtable to lower midtable side tbh. To put it another way, their performances were being outmatched by results.

I'll agree it's a tough away game and very happy we won there especially as we almost never do.

What I am saying is they (Ipswich) beat lower midtable to lowly sides and they got more than they deserved arguably at times even then. It's a good win for us but the Derby win and the Wolves draw even were more encouraging for me.

The value of a win should be based on the form of the opposition, not their position in the table. 

Better to play a team in the top 6 on a bad run than a team in the bottom 6 on a good one. 

Too much is made of table position to validate a performance. 

8 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

The value of a win should be based on the form of the opposition, not their position in the table. 

Better to play a team in the top 6 on a bad run than a team in the bottom 6 on a good one. 

Too much is made of table position to validate a performance. 

The point is, football analytics are coming a bigger part of the game.

it's increasingly being used as indicators, to track form, likely and predicted outcomes and even individual players etc.

Football indicators suggested Ipswich would slump- I said it wouldn't and couldn't last as far back as the end of August when they won 4/4. It's part of the modern game and will continue to grow in influence over time. Ask @ExiledAjax and @JamesBCFC for more on this.

Anyway this is my last post on football analytics for a while- we roughly are where we should be and despite their slump which was frankly on the cards, it doesn't detract from winning up there and the fine result, display.

• Admin
2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Jesus Christ that makes me feel sick. 

It is amazing looking back how bad that side seems now, but little did we all realise at the time!

1 hour ago, Super said:

What's the cheating stuff about?

We certainly did a job on the lad that got sent off, plenty of "off the ball" stuff on him in the first half, he was clearly losing his rag

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

It is amazing looking back how bad that side seems now, but little did we all realise at the time!

We certainly did a job on the lad that got sent off, plenty of "off the ball" stuff on him in the first half, he was clearly losing his rag

Their players were also trying to wind up Flint once he got booked but he rose above it every time. Professionalism. 

Was it the 47 who put Bryan into the stand?

8 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

no but you are being a little pessimistic.

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The point is, football analytics are coming a bigger part of the game.

it's increasingly being used as indicators, to track form, likely and predicted outcomes and even individual players etc.

Football indicators suggested Ipswich would slump- I said it wouldn't and couldn't last as far back as the end of August when they won 4/4. It's part of the modern game and will continue to grow in influence over time. Ask @ExiledAjax and @JamesBCFC for more on this.

Anyway this is my last post on football analytics for a while- we roughly are where we should be and despite their slump which was frankly on the cards, it doesn't detract from winning up there and the fine result, display.

I thought you were busy squealing to the Feds. Who knew you were a City fan!

The good news is on Saturday v Sunderland we couldn't play accurate counter attack balls because it was hurricane conditions and we still won, through toughness and persistence. This shows we aren't a one style team. That means a lot in this division. Where as the Fulham fans pointed out- teams get worked out. 

19 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

When we were running away with league one, teams were just jealous. "They hate us because they aint us!"

This used to amuse me no end.

Most other teams fans commented on how we weren't that good, fresh off of another pounding by the reds and us sitting clear at the top.

You couldn't really respond as the league doesn't lie.

9 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Their players were also trying to wind up Flint once he got booked but he rose above it every time. Professionalism. 

Was it the 47 who put Bryan into the stand?

It was. And he had a tangle with O'Dowda too. He was a read card waiting to happen so I guess we helped turn the screw a bit. Sad thing is as I expect others have said us they looked a better team without him..

Archived