IGNORED

Team for Cardiff

BCFC Rich

Really difficult to call after some very successful changes today that I wouldn't have picked out. But I would guess we'll go back to 4-4-2 with Wright, Flint, Baker, Bryan at the back. Mags in for Baker if he's not ready (I'm assuming Pissano will be out but I would have him in if fit.)  The midfield would have to be COD, Brownhill, Smith and Patts after the Fulham game. Korey really stood out and deserves to start over pack. COD showed he can produce down the right too.

And Hopefully Djuric and Reid up top.

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

Really difficult to call after some very successful changes today that I wouldn't have picked out. But I would guess we'll go back to 4-4-2 with Wright, Flint, Baker, Bryan at the back. Mags in for Baker if he's not ready (I'm assuming Pissano will be out but I would have him in if fit.)  The midfield would have to be COD, Brownhill, Smith and Patts after the Fulham game. Korey really stood out and deserves to start over pack. COD showed he can produce down the right too.

Almost agree with that, I'd keep Pack alongside Korey, Brownhill RHS, COD LHS. Pato doesn't look properly fit to me since coming back from illness. Certainly a game for Djuric starting alongside Reid.

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You probably wouldn’t play that lineup at home.

Djuric will start I think, we seem to be breaking him in gradually. No idea who we’d drop though.

I think it is highly likely to be Pack.

As others have said if Baker is fit enough then he has to play, I really like Hörður but expect Warnock will target him if he does instead.

3 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

I would play 4.5.1 again. Djuric isn't fit and let's be frank it will be a scrap v Warnock. Play the pressing game. 

45 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I would play 4.5.1 again. Djuric isn't fit and let's be frank it will be a scrap v Warnock. Play the pressing game. 

Agreed.  We were overrun in midfield against Leeds and the extra man in midfield might make all the difference.  Bring Djuric on after an hour, when their defence is beginning to tire.

6 hours ago, Monkeh said:

only need to make a change if players are injured imo

Where does this strange view come from (that after a win you have to pick the same side)? I mean, don't chop and change for the sake of it, but you can pick a side that is going to be most capable of beating the side in front of them. I think the Cardiff game is crying out for Milan to start and I suspect LJ will do it. 

7 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Almost agree with that, I'd keep Pack alongside Korey, Brownhill RHS, COD LHS. Pato doesn't look properly fit to me since coming back from illness. Certainly a game for Djuric starting alongside Reid.

Brown hill is wasted on the rhs, got to start in the middle with Smith imo.

7 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Duric has to play for me, warnocks defence will try to bully our boys at home and we will need a presence up there.

i don’t think we should be fooled by league position, Warnock will set his team up to frustrate and nick a win, as they did last season. 

Yep.

This is Warnock FFS, his team will be niggly and turn it into a fight.

I'd want Djuric, Baker (if fit), Wright, Flint, etc all on the pitch for this one..

Chatting to a friend who's a Cardiff fan, they apparently play a holding game and break quickly. Constantly using the 'press' might not be such a good idea against them. LJ and his team will know better anyway. It's about time we shut this lot up!

4-5-1 again.

Frankie

Pisano (if fit) Wright

Flint

Baker / Wright / Hörður

JB

COD

Pack

Korey

Brownhill

Patto

Reid

Milan to come on and snakey boy if needed. Add Steele, Vyner, Woodrow, Leko/ Eliasson and whoever misses out from above.

16 minutes ago, Big C said:

I reckon Woodrow is more likely to start than Milan. Milan isn't match fit yet and we don't want to do to much too soon with him

I think that was why he was used sparingly against Fulham. As soon as we were 0-2 up and didn't need to use him - he was only ever going to be given a quick run out to stay sharp.

7 minutes ago, Keyardiv said:

Although we're currently 4th in the Fairplay table whilst you're 19th.

Just saying like.

Although your captain injured himself recently trying to kick someone off the ball when the ref wasn't looking, (just saying like).

Depending on fitness, I would play as close to the same side and formation as possible that we played against Fulhamwith a couple of wingers and strikers on the bench again in case it isn't working or Baadiff score.

Barcelona and Spain have played successfully like this for some time, though I realise that the Barcelona of Bristol do reside on the other side of the City.

On 01/11/2017 at 17:39, Big C said:

I reckon Woodrow is more likely to start than Milan. Milan isn't match fit yet and we don't want to do to much too soon with him

I would go the other way round. I thought Bamba bullied us up front in both games last year. 

I think Woodrow might struggle against him and Milan is more likely to give plenty out. 

Even if it’s just for an hour it’s the way I’d go.

Cardiff here last year was one of those frustrating games where the ball hardly ever touched the ground - a war of attrition, with everyone over-straining and over-stretching and failing to get the ball under control.     I don't think beefing up the muscle with Milan for a repeat battle is the way to go, that would be playing into Warnock's hands.  We already have enough strength at the back with Flint, Wright and (hopefully) Baker.    4.5.1 again would be my choice, with Smith, Pack, O'Dowda, Paterson and Brownhill in midfield and Bobby Reid upfront, as at Fulham.  Their pace, skill and energy is exceptional and I don't think Cardiff will cope.  We have the heavy battalions on the bench ready to storm into action if needed later on in the game.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Duric but for this game we should save him for the second half. 

11 hours ago, Captain Beano said:

Cardiff here last year was one of those frustrating games where the ball hardly ever touched the ground - a war of attrition, with everyone over-straining and over-stretching and failing to get the ball under control.     I don't think beefing up the muscle with Milan for a repeat battle is the way to go, that would be playing into Warnock's hands.  We already have enough strength at the back with Flint, Wright and (hopefully) Baker.    4.5.1 again would be my choice, with Smith, Pack, O'Dowda, Paterson and Brownhill in midfield and Bobby Reid upfront, as at Fulham.  Their pace, skill and energy is exceptional and I don't think Cardiff will cope.  We have the heavy battalions on the bench ready to storm into action if needed later on in the game.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Duric but for this game we should save him for the second half. 

I don’t think it’s a game where we need to try and press high-up.  Cardiff’s back four won’t play too much, they’ll ping balls into the front-men, into the channels to turn us around, bypassing the midfield.  Smith, Pack, Brownhill or whoever plays in the middle will spend a lot of time watching the balls go over their heads, they won’t get much chance to quick-press their midfield.

I do think Pack’s screen in front of our CBs may be important today.  Noticeable difference v Millwall after he went off...Morison got balls into him much easier.  So I’d go with Brownhill (Rightside) Smith, Pack and either O’Dowda or Paterson (left).

Would go Djúric and Reid up-top. Djúric important as he’ll give Bamba his toughest game of the season in both boxes.

Our Back-four will depend on late fitness tests by the looks of it.

Archived