IGNORED

Bobby Reid - Time For a Change

Port Said Red

44 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I may have misunderstood but are you really suggesting Matty Taylor, Gustav Engvall, Freddy Hinds, Shawn McColskey are proven [+10 goal championship strikers] - most can't get into lower league starting line-ups and may have potential, just like Wes Burns, but could never step up to regular championship goals now when we need them for a promotion push. 

Would you have said Bobby Reid was a proven Championship goalscorer 6 months ago? He only became a 10+ goalscorer at any level last night. Hell I'm not sure if he had 10 goals in his career before this season.

I've said before that the great thing about the way the club is run now is that they're no longer sentimental about hanging on to players and make plans for maximising their value, then replacing them. I'd back their judgement over mine any day of the week but my feeling is that this form that Bobby is showing may only be temporary and that the peak of his value might be seen quite soon. If those at the club feel the same way then they'd be wise to capitalise on it if any offers come in.

We need to be realistic and accept that the only clubs who "hang on to their best players" are the top 3 or 4 in the world. Man Utd can't resist if Real Madrid come knocking. For the rest of us it's about judging the right time and right price at which to sell, and putting the conveyor belt of players in place so that a ready replacement is there and we don't have to choose between cashing in and winning promotion.

14 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Would be a bit gutting if Reid, who has been my favourite player since we got back to Division 2, leaves just as he is on fire. Doubt there will interest in Jan, too soon. If he ends up with 20-25 goals then in the summer I expect it would be bye bye unless we go up.

Bobby's scoring at a rate of about 3 a month, just over.

If he keeps that up in November and December he'll  be on 16/17 by the New Year, in which case it's no freak run and there will definitely be interest in the window.

Can I just say, I would think it extremely unlikely that we will get bids for Bobby Reid. If we do, it will be for 2 or 3 million, and Lansdown would never sanction that.

The worries are possible bids for O'Dowda, Brownhill, Bryan and Flint.

But if we hit January in contention for a place in the great shake-up the price for any of our players will be very high, and its unlikely a club would pay 10 million + for any of them

9 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Bobby's scoring at a rate of about 3 a month, just over.

If he keeps that up in November and December he'll  be on 16/17 by the New Year, in which case it's no freak run and there will definitely be interest in the window.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I read somewhere (possible an Ashton talk) that Bobby & 2 others were now in talks over contracts.

Or was it just a happy dream ???

10 minutes ago, bpexile said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I read somewhere (possible an Ashton talk) that Bobby & 2 others were now in talks over contracts.

Or was it just a happy dream ???

I remember reading this too. I think it was Ashton that said it.

Archived