IGNORED

Korey Smith

GAS8R

I'm glad someone started a thread specifically about Korey, he was magnificent.

He's been excellent defensively, and we know his qualities in that department, but it was great to see him being so effective offensively too. Him being higher up the pitch, giving the same level of harassment to the opposition as he usually does closer to halfway/our box, was a real asset to us.

Every game I'm saying to myself about someone new "Baker is our best player", "Bryan is our best player", "Smith is our best player". I've come to a realisation... We've actually got a bloody good team and everyone's playing at a very high level right now (Leeds I'm putting down to an unfortunate blip for a number of reasons).

I loved the 5 man midfield last night, JMca said we had to match them because they do so much rotation in the middle of the park but I think when Brownhill Smith and Pack are all playing centrally teams will struggle to get the ball from us. It also means Pack's lack of pace is much less of a worry. I'd play 451 against Cardiff 

Form is temporary class is permanent as the saying goes. When he first came here I said that he was as close to Gerry Gow as you could have in the modern game. He has poor spells like almost any player, he may have been carrying an injury longer than we realise, but I still stand by that comparison.

What I'm really enjoying with Korey is how he seems to be upping his game in an attacking sense. 

That ball for Brownhill on the first goal last night was sublime, then he follows it up with a goal. Who needs Barry Bannan when you've got Korey Smith :P

He is the most important part of our team. 

In part, our success this season has been down to having quality down the spine, primarily so far: Baker, Smith and Diedhiou. The good news with regard to the squad is that there are other players that can step in in defence (Wright, Flint) and up front (Djuric) and we maintain that strong, solid spine to the team. 

We have no-one that can adequately step in for Smith, and therefore he is undoubtedly for me our most important player. 

One of the best and most consistent players we have had in years although it did take him a little while after his injury to get back up to speed, one of those players you may not think a stand out star but when he doesn't play you realise how much you miss him

Archived