IGNORED

What happened to Fan Cams?

ZiderEyed

16 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

They used to be great, club youtube channel hasn't posted anything since the Barnsley game.

Once the new web site came into being, the YouTube content stopped abruptly.  I've no idea what the licencing arrangements are but I can't help thinking this is a little short-sighted.  Although the Club are unlikely to grow the fanbase significantly from YouTube, it surely widens the appeal to potential fans?

I'm really happy with the interviews and matchday highlights but (for example) I can't get bcfc.co.uk videos to work on my new tele whereas YouTube has its own app and can play video to crazy quality levels.

My own employer made the decision not to pay for an in-house media streaming server because they would never get near the levels of support and development that YouTube could provide for free.

If BCFC return to YouTube in a few months/years, there will be a gap in the chronology of our media and it won't reflect the amazing start to 2017/18.

My request would be to post on bcfc.co.uk and then upload it to YouTube a few days later.

2 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Once the new web site came into being, the YouTube content stopped abruptly.  I've no idea what the licencing arrangements are but I can't help thinking this is a little short-sighted.  Although the Club are unlikely to grow the fanbase significantly from YouTube, it surely widens the appeal to potential fans?

I'm really happy with the interviews and matchday highlights but (for example) I can't get bcfc.co.uk videos to work on my new tele whereas YouTube has its own app and can play video to crazy quality levels.

My own employer made the decision not to pay for an in-house media streaming server because they would never get near the levels of support and development that YouTube could provide for free.

If BCFC return to YouTube in a few months/years, there will be a gap in the chronology of our media and it won't reflect the amazing start to 2017/18.

My request would be to post on bcfc.co.uk and then upload it to YouTube a few days later.

Must say I agree with this - getting the official website to work on the TV is a faff whilst YouTube have an app both with Samsung and Virgin. YouTube is also much easier on the phone. The end result is I probably watch less "content" than I did before. 

I'd also guess that the club can earn a few pennies (or more!) from YouTube as well - I was once told that as a rough guide each view can be worth about 1p. 

There is also a much greater chance of videos being watched by fans from other clubs on YouTube. The 5 most watch videos on the club's YouTube channel are:

1) Bristol City 2 - Yeovil Town 1 (330k views, believe it went viral due to JETs slow/casual penalty run up)

2) Bristol City 2 - Bristol Rovers 1 (85k views)

3) Tammy Abraham - All 26 goals (85k views, about to overtake the Rovers game) 

4) Fancam - Flints rabona finish (83k views)

5) A day in the life of Tammy Abraham (70k views)

Just out of those 5 videos there are probably over half a million views which wouldn't have happened without YouTube. 

48 minutes ago, Xiled said:

32 minutes ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

Must say I agree with this - getting the official website to work on the TV is a faff whilst YouTube have an app both with Samsung and Virgin. YouTube is also much easier on the phone. 

Works perfectly for me through Chromecast. Open the video on my phone, click the Chromecast button et voila, highlights on my TV!

16 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The fancam thing was never frequent.

So I'd guess they are waiting for something noteworthy to upload.

This generally happens at games where we take a big away following like the 3-4k at Cov, 5k at West Brom.

home to CP would've have been ideal…and Tunnel cam. The film from the gas game was excellent.

Archived