IGNORED

Magnússon Tackle

southvillekiddy

10 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Not so sure hes lacking confidence. Hes lacking game time!

I’ll tell you what he’s definitely not lacking. 

Great hair. 

Not a single strand out of place even when he’s running at full speed. Quite inspirational. 

Well done Hörður

24 minutes ago, italian dave said:

He had a good game last night Inthought. Couple of loose passes but he got away with them, but otherwise solid. Hopefully will have done his confidence some good. 

Sorry - I can't agree. I thought he looked woeful last night when he came on.

I hope it is a confidence thing, but he gave away the ball cheaply last night and a better team should, and would have punished us.

I never like to bash one of our players - but as others in the squad have excelled and developed, Mags has regressed and that was evident last night. 

Will be very concerned if his name is in the Starting XI on Saturday. 

6 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

I hope it is a confidence thing, but he gave away the ball cheaply last night and a better team should, and would have punished us.

I never like to bash one of our players - but as others in the squad have excelled and developed, Mags has regressed and that was evident last night. 

I don’t agree. He looks cultured on the ball - although I do accept he gave the ball away a couple of times. 

Thought it was a good performance from someone who’s been on the sidelines for so long. 

7 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Well I think you might be concerned then because I can't see either Baker or Pisano being fit enough to start and I don't think it would be right to drop Zak Vyner into the middle of a game like this. 

Magnusson is a strange one, often seems to do the hard things with ease but when faced with an seemingly simple choice often chooses the wrong one. I guess much of it is match practice and being on the same wavelength as team mates. Needs a run of games but won't shift Baker or Joe when fit.

35 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

"Mags has regressed" 

ffs, the bloke has had no game time.

Youre comparing him to players who play regularly.

He seems to grow into games, not sure why. Made some disastrous passes/clearances straight to Fulham players soon after he came on last night, but then was mostly excellent. Likewise with Palace. I remember him giving it away a fair bit initially.

If I was being very harsh, you could make an argument that other city players make him look good when they manage to get control of the game and ease pressure on him. What I actually think is that he's a good footballer and good defender that needs a run of games to shine. That said, I wouldn't be putting him in my team ahead of Bryan, Flint, Baker, or Wright. Not at the moment.

9 hours ago, Sandhurst Red said:

I never like to bash one of our players - but as others in the squad have excelled and developed, Mags has regressed and that was evident last night

If indeed he has regressed I feel it's probably due to lack of gametime, it's a strange one with Mags, can't crack gametime with us but seems a regular choice in the internationals, sadly I honestly can't see him staying.

1 hour ago, bpexile said:

If indeed he has regressed I feel it's probably due to lack of gametime, it's a strange one with Mags, can't crack gametime with us but seems a regular choice in the internationals, sadly I honestly can't see him staying.

In fairness,  I think City would beat Iceland. 

31 minutes ago, Hellfire Corner said:

Neither am I. Lighten up. Sorry I’m not going to put an emoji - curse of modern society.

I love an emoji :clap::blink::clapping::shifty::chant6ez:

Anyway my take on the curse of modern society is different. I heard a bloke on the radio the other day comparing European footballers to English ones.

His take was that for a good few years English players as kids were rarely if ever encouraged to “take a touch” and to “play the ball”.

Made me think back to kids football and the majority of the hollering know it all parents on the touch line - “get rid of it” would so often be the call. 

Maybe that accounts for the impeccably coiffured’s style of play. Take a touch and try and play - even if you get caught in possession and **** it up - emoji time - :blink:

Or alternatively just hoof it high and hope for the best ;)

11 hours ago, Sandhurst Red said:

He's barely played regularly for the last 9 months. Unfair to be too judgemental. Centre halves and defenders in general need time to build relationships and understanding. You won't get that just from training.

I feel we've got far stronger defenders, but wouldn't read too much into his last couple of appearances.

Archived