IGNORED

Cold Calls from the Club.

WolfOfWestStreet

Anyone else been getting regular calls from the club trying to sell merchandise? I've asked to stop calling but still get called every few days. 

Has there been any point where we have opted in to this kind of marketing? Or do they just call people off the database? 

I don't mind the odd call every now and then but starting to become annoying.

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Anyone else been getting regular calls from the club trying to sell merchandise? I've asked to stop calling but still get called every few days. 

Has there been any point where we have opted in to this kind of marketing? Or do they just call people off the database? 

I don't mind the odd call every now and then but starting to become annoying.

Had 3 in 3 days a few weeks back. Bloody annoying.

only ever had 2 calls, one asking about renewing my season ticket when I left it later than normal a few seasons back, and one selling forever membership. So 2 calls in 3 years. I would be miffed if they did try selling merc to my home number, they have huge screens at the ground if they want to push products, use them.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I had a call about City Foundation, which includes Forever Bristol membership. They went on and on about membership benefits before I even had a chance to say "yeah I know, I've been a member since it launched".

So they don't seem to know what you're already signed up to, which is poor.

Had the same situation.

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I had a call about City Foundation, which includes Forever Bristol membership. They went on and on about membership benefits before I even had a chance to say "yeah I know, I've been a member since it launched".

Yep actually that's the one I got.

New legislation that affects marketing calls comes into operation from May 2018.  The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will impact on the calls that the club makes in as much as they need specific proof that you have agreed to receive sales calls from them.  Perhaps the club is pushing sales now while they still have the option to "cold call"?

After May 2018, depending on the quality of the supporter data, they might not be legally allowed to call thousands of people.

Failing to comply could lead to fines of up to €20m or 4% of annual turnover.

Can I expect an unsolicited phone call from BCFC about my PPI, my recent car accident or delayed flight anytime soon.

If I do, and they put me on hold , will I have to listen to "When the red, red robin. for 10 minutes"?

1 hour ago, Xiled said:

New legislation that affects marketing calls comes into operation from May 2018.  The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will impact on the calls that the club makes in as much as they need specific proof that you have agreed to receive sales calls from them.  Perhaps the club is pushing sales now while they still have the option to "cold call"?

After May 2018, depending on the quality of the supporter data, they might not be legally allowed to call thousands of people.

Failing to comply could lead to fines of up to €20m or 4% of annual turnover.

GDPR. Who doesn't love bloody GDPR?

2 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

If you go onto your profile on the Bristol Sport website, you can hover over your name and click on personal details. On the next page it has your name, phone number, email address etc. and underneath it will say 'contact me' in red writing. You can click this and de-select 'Yes, you can contact me'.

Cheers mate

There is recent new legislation in force around this.

It is now illegal to cold call an individual without any previous trading relationship with the company calling you. So report to TS if they are a pain or do what I do and abuse them down the phone.

They very rarely ring you again.

44 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

There is recent new legislation in force around this.

It is now illegal to cold call an individual without any previous trading relationship with the company calling you. So report to TS if they are a pain or do what I do and abuse them down the phone.

They very rarely ring you again.

Surely we've all got a previous trading relationship with the club if we've bought tickets?

8 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I agree I've had a couple of calls about the city foundation (which is fine) but the lack of knowledge of the people calling was poor and the reason I didn't rejoin. 

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Surely we've all got a previous trading relationship with the club if we've bought tickets?

The definition of a cold call is no sales history - otherwise it is not legally a cold call being made. Laws have changed recently. All blah blah legal jargon I know.

Archived