IGNORED

We have a premiership ref for Saturdays match

Never to the dark side

The ref we had against Palace was superb. Played advantages, called the play back for a free kick if no advantage developed, used his assistants and didn't have the 'look at me' syndrome we normally get where a ref will keep stopping play to do a rambling lecture to a player and just kill match momentum.

The biggest gulf between football league and premier league (after money) isn't the standard of football, it's the standard of referees. I hope this one is proper premier standard - it makes for such a better game.

1 hour ago, Mad Cyril said:

The ref we had against Palace was superb. Played advantages, called the play back for a free kick if no advantage developed, used his assistants and didn't have the 'look at me' syndrome we normally get where a ref will keep stopping play to do a rambling lecture to a player and just kill match momentum.

The biggest gulf between football league and premier league (after money) isn't the standard of football, it's the standard of referees. I hope this one is proper premier standard - it makes for such a better game.

There is only normally one reason why a premiership referee is reffing in the championship.

2 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Must just be a family thing then. When I was a kid , I would say something like " Mum , I hate Sundays " and she would say " we'll leave them and eat your chips" 

Ah i c. I guess its kindof a ‘you had to be there moment’ kindof answer then!

( and its sheep pie all the way for me on saturday, not chips!). :yawn:

hopefully we’ll eat the sheep alive on the pitch too. 

No doubt the ref will get played.

If Cardiff do play that sort of game, City will have to join in and give them some of their own medicine.

I can see someone getting sent off - let's hope that City don't get drawn into making silly mistakes and reacting.

2 hours ago, oldrosie said:

Chester is near the Welsh boarder (sic) but remember that North Wales has very little empathy with South Wales for all sorts of reasons, such as the disparity in funding.  There was a classic scene in that excellent film 'Pride' that showed up this conflict within a nation.  On the whole, referees do a good job, making split second decisions that the pundits with their countless replays take forever to not form a verdict on.  Fourth officials need to go .... pointless other than giving managers somebody to argue with .... and their contrived posing when it comes to holding up the board with the number of extra minutes added .. 

I remember me and my line gang (pylons) travelling up from our base in Swansea to work on Anglesey for a week or two.  We got digs in Bangor and had to fight our way into pubs before we could fight our way out!  The natives loved the lads from South Wales, aye!  I'll say this for the 'Gogs' (North Walians) -  they're not racist...................they just hate everyone!  

I should know, my dear old Dad is a Gog

Archived