IGNORED

Celtic - z z z z z z z

Robbored

Apparently if Celtic don't lose tomorrow they'll beat the Scottish league  record for an unbeaten run........63 that's stood for decades.  

It was all over SSN and TalkSport this morning like it's some kind of big deal............:sleeping:

Theres no serious competition in the SPL ffs.........

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Apparently if Celtic don't lose tomorrow they'll beat the Scottish league  record for an unbeaten run........63 that's stood for decades.  

It was all over SSN and TalkSport this morning like it's some kind of big deal............:sleeping:

Of course it's a big deal.

Maybe no competition but that's a hell of a run. In most leagues a shock result is thrown up every now and again. Every game must be like a cup final for the 'underdogs', but no one has managed it for 63 games? That's surprising. I remember when 'Super Cally went ballastic, Celtic were atrocious' ! 

Have to admit it's one hell of a run regardless of the league they play in. They've had to go to Ibrox a fair few times as well which admittedly is easier than years gone by but still impressive.

People say Celtic are of Championship standard so with that in mind do you think we would be able to replicate that record in the SPL, I just couldn't see it myself!

I think the majority of the Premier League wouldn't either, slipping up just once in 62 games is more than likely even for the big hitters in the Premier League. What's more improessive is the longer the run has gone on the bigger scalp they have become and they are everyone's cup final, yet still they remain unbeaten.

They do deserve the respect as reluctant as I am to say that!

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Of course it's a big deal.

For who?

Scottish football is shite with one dominant club. It's no surprise that they should be unbeaten. They don't play anyone decent in the SPL.

It's a completely different story when the come up against decent European teams which highlights just how poor the SPL is.

For who?

Celtic fans who listen to Talksport or watch SSN. They've got a huge fan base so you can see why they'd talk about it.

Scottish football is shite with one dominant club. It's no surprise that they should be unbeaten. They don't play anyone decent in the SPL.

It's a completely different story when the come up against decent European teams which highlights just how poor the SPL is.

Obviously the SPL is inferior to English football - but that's inevitable given the money in the English game. Celtic have got a good side and I'd estimate they're probably top end Champ/low Prem which is an achievement in itself.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

For who?

A big enough deal for someone to start a thread, oh wait it was you! :doh:

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh come on RR, it's hardly Radio 4 is it.

How does it feel that Adrian Durham models his 'fishing' techniques on yours?

I only listen to Jim White. He does some very decent  interviews. Well worth listening to.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

The big deal for me is that the scots see it as a big deal.............:facepalm:

What do you expect a Celtic fan to think then?

"Oh great, we've just beaten a long standing unbeaten record but wait - we can't get too excited about it because Robbored from Nailsea bowls club thinks Scottish football is crap. As you were chaps."

25 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

It's true that Celtic haven't got any real competition but 63 games is still damn impressive. You'd think that they would have sufferred the odd defeat somewhere down the line, by the law of averages if nothing else.

They have, when they have met any decent opposition in Europe. :) 

Seriously though, my taxi driver in Glasgow yesterday, said that as much pain as it caused him to say it, they desperately need a strong Rangers again to give them a challenge.

28 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

It's true that Celtic haven't got any real competition but 63 games is still damn impressive. You'd think that they would have sufferred the odd defeat somewhere down the line, by the law of averages if nothing else.

They have, when they have met any decent opposition in Europe. :) 

Seriously though, my taxi driver in Glasgow yesterday, said that as much pain as it caused him to say it, they desperately need a strong Rangers again to give them a challenge.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

A team of dads playing a team of kids. Every week. 

Nothing to shout about. 

35 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The big deal for me is that the scots see it as a big deal.............:facepalm:

I'm with you Robbo, of course 63 games + undefeated is impressive, but in the context of competition it's really not so. I'd expect most PL teams to be capable of doing that in Scotland: albeit achieving it is what's difficult.

Fundamentally though, that someone could play every other team in its league c.4 times, home and away, and come up undefeated, will always say more about the league and the level of competition than the relative class of the team achieving it... I can't see it being any other way.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Maybe no competition but that's a hell of a run. In most leagues a shock result is thrown up every now and again. Every game must be like a cup final for the 'underdogs', but no one has managed it for 63 games? That's surprising. I remember when 'Super Cally went ballastic, Celtic were atrocious' ! 

Brilliant headline, however I think that was a cup match .

22 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Brilliant headline, however I think that was a cup match .

It was, indeed, but it was actually 'copied' from a Liverpool Echo article some years previousSUPER CALLY GOES BALLISTIC, QPR ATROCIOUS.

The Cally was, of course, the very much understated Ian Callaghan MBE.

The link below provides some amusing headlines.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2008/dec/12/joy-of-six-headlines

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

To go undefeated for 63 games is an amazing record, regardless of which league they play in. 

I saw some financial accounts that said that in the season before Rangers got promoted 78% of the entire SPL wage bill was Celtic's..

Apparently Aberdeen's average wage is second highest, at £6k a week, just a sixth of Celtic's.

Surely the question here is why would anyone think this is an achievement at all, the odds are so stacked in their favour. No wonder Brendan (I love myself so much) Rogers is happy winning such a joke league year on year...

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

I saw some financial accounts that said that in the season before Rangers got promoted 78% of the entire SPL wage bill was Celtic's..

Apparently Aberdeen's average wage is second highest, at £6k a week, just a sixth of Celtic's.

Surely the question here is why would anyone think this is an achievement at all, the odds are so stacked in their favour. No wonder Brendan (I love myself so much) Rogers is happy winning such a joke league year on year...

No way was Aberdeen’s wage bill was only £6k, where did you get that from?

Archived