Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

View from the Dolman

Bailey Wright - Suspended for 2 matches

Oh dear.. wasn't aware this was going on. Big problem for tomorrow especially if Baker is out.

Fully fit choice from Bryan, Flint, Magnússon, Kelly and Vyner I make that?

I reckon he'll definitely risk Baker if he can.

Question is if the ref DIDN'T see any contact etc, WHY did he send the player off?

Surely the ref has to see an incident and not just ASSUME the player has done wrong?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh dear.. wasn't aware this was going on. Big problem for tomorrow especially if Baker is out.

Brownhill could play at RB or even Korey but neither ideal. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Club response: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/bristol-city-fc-statement-bailey-wright/

Fair to say that Mark Ashton has come out fighting with that statement.

"the club and Bailey maintained that there was no simulation by the Bailey"

Pleasantly surprised by that nickname, bit better than Wrighty or Bails :yes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

The club seem baffled by this which is never good as they wouldn’t be prepared for it? Would be interesting to see if they release the video evidence used to decide this?

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

Brownhill could play at RB or even Korey but neither ideal. 

True, forgot about that. I wouldn't feel that confident with a defence of Bryan, Magnússon, Flint and Vyner.

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

Bryan Magnússon Flint Vyner

Presumably our strongest option? I think I’d prefer Brownhill in CM.

Looks vulnerable. I feel Flint plays far better with Wright and Baker. He'd have to be constantly watching and organising Magnússon and Vyner which doesn't help his game.

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

Wow. Not only can I see no way how the red card can be overturned based on that video, how the hell can they call that simulation? Honestly dumbfounded by this decision. Right stitch up.

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I hope this hasnt changed anything. Baker should only play if fully fit we dont want to risk him missing more than one game. 

2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

How is that not an off the ball incident requiring discipline from the Ref?

Farcical decision by the "independent panel"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Question is if the ref DIDN'T see any contact etc, WHY did he send the player off?

Surely the ref has to see an incident and not just ASSUME the player has done wrong?

He consulted his linesman so he obviously saw something! 

• Like 1

he didn't even put up a fight that he'd been sent off.... he knew what he did and accepted the Refs decision without even remotely contesting it ... massive admission of guilt in itself... 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

It wasn’t the ref who saw it. He consulted his assistant on the far side of the field who had come onto the pitch. They talked for at least half a minute, then the referee produced the red card. It certainly seemed that the assistant had seen something that deserved a red card.

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Absolutely this!!

Why the hell did the Ref (or assistants) order the Red card, IF they saw now contact?!

The radio commentators immediately said that the player had raised his hands to Bailey’s face. That’s a Red card. 

Slightly disappointing IF Wright has exaggerated a slight tap to the face, but nothing in the rules states the level of contact needed. 

It’s also off the ball. The highlights didn’t show it, so what footage to they have that categorically confirms that there was no contact, or intent to make contact..? 

4 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

Ridiculous decision! Who the **** decides these things!?

The panel must have been made up of Neil Warnock, Tomlin, Anthony Joshua and Darrell Clark?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

I was at the game and saw Bailey go down but my attention was on the Ref booking Flint at the time. I remember Joe going over to the linesman and asking him to speak to the Ref, so I guess it was him that advised the Ref to give the red card. Cannot see anything wrong with the decision at the time or now with video evidence. 

This is the first time I’ve actually watched the incident as the highlights didn’t show it. How the hell can they say that isn’t a red card? How the hell can they say Wright was play acting? What an absolute joke!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Super said:

I hope this hasnt changed anything. Baker should only play if fully fit we dont want to risk him missing more than one game. 

Well it has changed the situation by default.

I reckon we were planning to play Bryan, Flint, Magnússon or Baker (if fit), Wright.

Now we will have to choose from Vyner, Smith and Brownhill as right back.

That statement from Ashton indicates to me that this has severely messed up our plans.

5 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

The force of Kamara's push is definitely enough to cause Wright to fall backwards, but have the 'panel' concluded that its simulation based on his landing?

This is the first time I have seen this footage, this is embarrassing for the FA and whoever is on their panel.

This obviously is a slur on a players reputation, I wonder whether legal action will be considered.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Well it has changed the situation by default.

I reckon we were planning to play Bryan, Flint, Magnússon or Baker (if fit), Wright.

Now we will have to choose from Vyner, Smith and Brownhill as right back.

That statement from Ashton indicates to me that this has severely messed up our plans.

What I mean is if Baker wasn't going to play tomorrow before this news he still shouldn't play.

Wright doesn't seem the play acting sort anyway which makes this decision very bizarre.

We were 2-0 up at the time, there's no real incentive to try and get someone sent off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Super said:

What I mean is if Baker wasn't going to play tomorrow before this news he still shouldn't play.

I see, well it might force Johnson's hand. In the pre-match video he was, I felt, very vague on Baker. Didn't want to dwell on him too much. Really wouldn't be surprised if he plays.

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Looks vulnerable. I feel Flint plays far better with Wright and Baker. He'd have to be constantly watching and organising Magnússon and Vyner which doesn't help his game.

That all goes without saying really, shame about Pisano, Baker and now Wright all seemingly being out. Hopefully our forward 6’s ability to tear teams open will make up for our defensive frailty in Maggs and Vyner

• Confused 1

A staggering decision. I mean, even if there was an element of play acting how on earth can they definitely prove that he wasn't injured from the fall? Mental shit.

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Absolutely this!!

Why the hell did the Ref (or assistants) order the Red card, IF they saw now contact?!

The radio commentators immediately said that the player had raised his hands to Bailey’s face. That’s a Red card. 

Slightly disappointing IF Wright has exaggerated a slight tap to the face, but nothing in the rules states the level of contact needed. 

It’s also off the ball. The highlights didn’t show it, so what footage to they have that categorically confirms that there was no contact, or intent to make contact..? 

Exaggerated?  Doesn’t really matter.  But It’s evident that Kamara has raised his arm and then caught Wright with his arm from elbow up to shoulder.

it doesn’t take much of a nudge to your nose for it to all ‘fizz-up", and judging by Wright’s nose, it won’t have been the first time.

I can’t see how they overturned it, let alone decide Wright has faked it.  Unbelievable.

• Like 5

I put on another thread that I had met a group of Fulham fans in the pub after the game. They told me that they had seen their no. 47 hit Bailey and that he deserved to be sent off. They were sitting near the half way line near the incident - and that is from Fulham fans!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wright doesn't seem the play acting sort anyway which makes this decision very bizarre.

We were 2-0 up at the time, there's no real incentive to try and get someone sent off.

....he’s an Aussie too, they don’t like their men acting like Shiela’:P

• Haha 1