IGNORED

Bailey Wright - Suspended for 2 matches

View from the Dolman

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh dear.. wasn't aware this was going on. Big problem for tomorrow especially if Baker is out.

Fully fit choice from Bryan, Flint, Magnússon, Kelly and Vyner I make that?

I reckon he'll definitely risk Baker if he can.

Brownhill could play at RB or even Korey but neither ideal. 

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Club response: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/bristol-city-fc-statement-bailey-wright/

Fair to say that Mark Ashton has come out fighting with that statement.

"the club and Bailey maintained that there was no simulation by the Bailey"

Pleasantly surprised by that nickname, bit better than Wrighty or Bails :yes:

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh dear.. wasn't aware this was going on. Big problem for tomorrow especially if Baker is out.

Fully fit choice from Bryan, Flint, Magnússon, Kelly and Vyner I make that?

I reckon he'll definitely risk Baker if he can.

I hope this hasnt changed anything. Baker should only play if fully fit we dont want to risk him missing more than one game. 

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Question is if the ref DIDN'T see any contact etc, WHY did he send the player off?

Surely the ref has to see an incident and not just ASSUME the player has done wrong?

It wasn’t the ref who saw it. He consulted his assistant on the far side of the field who had come onto the pitch. They talked for at least half a minute, then the referee produced the red card. It certainly seemed that the assistant had seen something that deserved a red card.

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Question is if the ref DIDN'T see any contact etc, WHY did he send the player off?

Surely the ref has to see an incident and not just ASSUME the player has done wrong?

Absolutely this!!

Why the hell did the Ref (or assistants) order the Red card, IF they saw now contact?!

The radio commentators immediately said that the player had raised his hands to Bailey’s face. That’s a Red card. 

Slightly disappointing IF Wright has exaggerated a slight tap to the face, but nothing in the rules states the level of contact needed. 

It’s also off the ball. The highlights didn’t show it, so what footage to they have that categorically confirms that there was no contact, or intent to make contact..? 

Archived