IGNORED

Bailey Wright - Suspended for 2 matches

View from the Dolman

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

Question is if the ref DIDN'T see any contact etc, WHY did he send the player off?

Surely the ref has to see an incident and not just ASSUME the player has done wrong?

I was at the game and saw Bailey go down but my attention was on the Ref booking Flint at the time. I remember Joe going over to the linesman and asking him to speak to the Ref, so I guess it was him that advised the Ref to give the red card. Cannot see anything wrong with the decision at the time or now with video evidence. 

2 minutes ago, Super said:

I hope this hasnt changed anything. Baker should only play if fully fit we dont want to risk him missing more than one game. 

Well it has changed the situation by default.

I reckon we were planning to play Bryan, Flint, Magnússon or Baker (if fit), Wright.

Now we will have to choose from Vyner, Smith and Brownhill as right back.

That statement from Ashton indicates to me that this has severely messed up our plans.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Well it has changed the situation by default.

I reckon we were planning to play Bryan, Flint, Magnússon or Baker (if fit), Wright.

Now we will have to choose from Vyner, Smith and Brownhill as right back.

That statement from Ashton indicates to me that this has severely messed up our plans.

What I mean is if Baker wasn't going to play tomorrow before this news he still shouldn't play.

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Looks vulnerable. I feel Flint plays far better with Wright and Baker. He'd have to be constantly watching and organising Magnússon and Vyner which doesn't help his game.

That all goes without saying really, shame about Pisano, Baker and now Wright all seemingly being out. Hopefully our forward 6’s ability to tear teams open will make up for our defensive frailty in Maggs and Vyner

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Absolutely this!!

Why the hell did the Ref (or assistants) order the Red card, IF they saw now contact?!

The radio commentators immediately said that the player had raised his hands to Bailey’s face. That’s a Red card. 

Slightly disappointing IF Wright has exaggerated a slight tap to the face, but nothing in the rules states the level of contact needed. 

It’s also off the ball. The highlights didn’t show it, so what footage to they have that categorically confirms that there was no contact, or intent to make contact..? 

Exaggerated?  Doesn’t really matter.  But It’s evident that Kamara has raised his arm and then caught Wright with his arm from elbow up to shoulder.

it doesn’t take much of a nudge to your nose for it to all ‘fizz-up", and judging by Wright’s nose, it won’t have been the first time.

I can’t see how they overturned it, let alone decide Wright has faked it.  Unbelievable.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wright doesn't seem the play acting sort anyway which makes this decision very bizarre.

We were 2-0 up at the time, there's no real incentive to try and get someone sent off.

....he’s an Aussie too, they don’t like their men acting like Shiela’:P

5 minutes ago, Dave said:

This is the first time I have seen this footage, this is embarrassing for the FA and whoever is on their panel.

This obviously is a slur on a players reputation, I wonder whether legal action will be considered.

I sincerely hope so. The FA should be held to account for its bizarre and inconsistent decisions.

I try to see these things from a unbiased perspective, which often leaves me at odds with the majority of supporters.

But in this instance, I'm disgusted. The Fulham player has quite clearly raised his arms. There is absolutely no way a video panel can be anywhere near certain that Wright has "simulated" the fall. An absolute disgrace.

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I find this one of the most bizarre decisions ive ever seen or heard of

Me too. Cannot understand how anyone, several people,  could come to this decision on that evidence. I am looking at this without bias, if it was our player raising his arms  I would say he deserved to go.

8 minutes ago, Squeak said:

Utterly baffling. Almost a comically bad decision apart from the fact it totally screws us over. 

This is an utter scam, money has exchanged hands here. You cant tell me that Calvert-Lewin and Aguero are not simulating and somehow direct contact with the player, pushing him to the floor and what looks like an elbow flying in too is simulation.  Complete shambles and it screws us!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/aug/23/calvert-lewin-kyle-walker-retrospective-action-simulation

Archived