IGNORED

Bailey Wright - Suspended for 2 matches

View from the Dolman

Looking at that video, this is a ludicrous decision. By all means decide that a red was too harsh and it should have been yellow, but no way was that simulation by Wright.

Basically the FA are supporting the aggressor and penalising the victim. Are they saying that they would have preferred Wright to hit him back instead of falling over? Unbelievable.

Wonder whether this will be picked up by & discussed on TalkSport. I'm sure I caught a section when they were talking about this exact topic recently. With regards the incident itself, I find it amazing that any panel ( especially so called people in the game) would come up with that conclusion. To then add that you cannot appeal the decision is somewhat draconian imo. COYR 

Just now, Simon79 said:

Wonder whether this will be picked up by & discussed on TalkSport. I'm sure I caught a section when they were talking about this exact topic recently. With regards the incident itself, I find it amazing that any panel ( especially so called people in the game) would come up with that conclusion. To then add that you cannot appeal the decision is somewhat draconian imo. COYR 

As much as I dislike the ginger prick I'm pretty sure Durham would take this on. 

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

If so Burton should of had 4 players suspended after our game for the amount of head injuries they suspiciously had which stopped play. 

Only thing I can think of. Clearly he wasn't caught in the face.

28 minutes ago, phantom said:

Question is if the ref DIDN'T see any contact etc, WHY did he send the player off?

Surely the ref has to see an incident and not just ASSUME the player has done wrong?

18 minutes ago, RedM said:

I was at the game and saw Bailey go down but my attention was on the Ref booking Flint at the time. I remember Joe going over to the linesman and asking him to speak to the Ref, so I guess it was him that advised the Ref to give the red card. Cannot see anything wrong with the decision at the time or now with video evidence. 

I listened on the radio, commentator picked up the incident and said hands to face. His first thought was there should be some action , with that he said the linesman had come on the pitch, so it was him that saw it. 
Absolute disgrace, I totally get the effort to end simulation but surely that has to be where no contact is made. That great lump would have put bigger men than BW on their ass.

I get the impression, given the FA panel meet in Sloane square, just around the corner from Craven cottage that the FA don't want clubs from outside the usual suspects crashing their cash party in the Premier League.

Bizarre decision, especially overturning the red card for Fulham's bloke, he was an argument waiting to happen on Tuesday night! 

30 minutes ago, phantom said:

Question is if the ref DIDN'T see any contact etc, WHY did he send the player off?

Surely the ref has to see an incident and not just ASSUME the player has done wrong?

He did consult with linesman so assume that ino saw it.

Is there any video of the incident when the Kamara put Joe Bryan over the advertising boards?

Fulham now contesting the red card for someone who was clearly out to cause problems.

Serious question... What will be the result of us contacting our legal team? Our most important game of the season so far - the Cardiff game would have already passed us by so at best we will have Wright available for the Sheff Wednesday game where we should by then have Baker and Pisano available. Anyone think we’d get compensation or something? I agree we should speak to our legal team but struggle to see what we will get out of it. 

It seems so wrong you cannot appeal this. You should have a couple of weeks to prepare and go to a hearing and then take the punishment if need be. Something like this should not be with immediate effect.

I can't believe the player physically assaulted Bailey, yes that's what it was as they weren't playing football at the time, will be back playing and Bailey is branded a cheat and sat on the sidelines. If he did it fair enough he has left himself and the side down but for everyone to be punished in this case is totally unjust. What can we do?

39 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Club response: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/bristol-city-fc-statement-bailey-wright/

Fair to say that Mark Ashton has come out fighting with that statement.

Contained in the Club statement is a video clip of the incident.

I am baffled as to how, on watching the clip, it might be construed BW was simulating - he was pushed and fell over! 

I think Fulham must have employed lawyer Bob Mattingburg from Blackadder:

Edmund: "I remember Mattingburg’s most famous case, the case of the bloody knife.
A man was found next to a murdured body, he had the knife in his hand,
thirteen witnesses that seen him stab the victim, when the police
arrived he said, “I’m glad I killed the bastard.” Mattingburg not
only got him off, but he got him knighted in the New Year’s Honors
list, and the relatives of the victim had to pay to have the blood
washed out of his jacket."

I wish the FA would FO.  Not just this latest idiocy, but they've done nothing but hinder the game in this country at every level.  Prime candidate to be abolished as unfit for purpose and replaced with a new more professional, more transparent structure.

Pushed in the chest gone down holding his face. 

Simple push isn't enough for a red card is it? I've only ever seen players be booked for pushing. 

So the red was obviously issued on the basis he was hit in the face. 

If it wasn't a City player I'm not so sure you'd all be seeing it the same way. 

Archived