IGNORED

Bailey Wright - Suspended for 2 matches

View from the Dolman

It used to be any player raising his arms with intent to another player had didn't it, whether contact was made or not. Thats why we saw an increase in squaring up and then the pushing forehead to forehead if not headbuts. I can't see how there isn't intent from the Fulham player, he knew exactly what he was doing and wasn't surprised he was sent off. 

20 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I think you need a trip to the optitions pretty sharpish.

Funnily enough...

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Ok. So it’s alright for players to push another in the Torso, off the ball now is it..?

As I said in my first response, it’s disappointing IF Bailey has exaggerated the contact. 

What footage are they going on, that shows no contact to his face..?

No it's not alright and I never said it was. Did I. Their player deserved the red for raising his arms but that's not the point I'm debating - it's the simulation by Wright

13 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

From my view of the video clip, Kamara pushed BW and his right arm carried on moving upwards to hit BW in the chin, throat or face. 

BW fell over and was clutching the general area of his chin/throat/face. 

I fail to see any simulation. 

I guess the panel are seeing it differently!

I think we need to show Bailey Wright our support tomorrow, maybe a song against the FA? Maybe an adaptation of Flint's song 'Wright says Wrong, wrong ,wrong, fluck off FA ***** etc. Someone better than I will come up with something

For anyone wondering who sits on the panel...

If The FA believes that there may be a case to answer, a three-person panel consisting of one ex-player, one ex-manager and one ex-match official will be convened from the pool, subject to any conflicts of interest.

Former players/managers
· Nigel Adkins
· Rachel Brown-Finnis
· Terry Butcher
· Lee Dixon
· Alex McLeish
· Danny Murphy
· Chris Powell 
· Trevor Sinclair 

Former match officials
· Keren Barratt
· Steve Dunn
· Mike Mullarkey
· Alan Wiley
· Eddie Wolstenhome

http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/aug/04/fa-confirm-pool-for-successful-deception-offences-040817

17 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Funnily enough...

No it's not alright and I never said it was. Did I. Their player deserved the red for raising his arms but that's not the point I'm debating - it's the simulation by Wright

I guess the panel are seeing it differently!

But it’s not simulation, if the other player raises his hands. The fact that the Fulham player has had his Red card overturned is astonishing!

Lets say, for a second, that the collision was accidental, it doesn’t change the fact that Bailey Wright was barged into, with considerable force AND the players arms raised up. 

There is no way on gods earth that Bailey Wright should be being punished for this incident. It’s shocking!

31 minutes ago, super_scotty_murray said:

I have not read comments as lots on here! But will offer my view, probably in the minority.

I think it is definitely a push and Bailey would be forced off balance and likely to fall on the ground. However, it is clearly a strong push to his chest. The forearm only comes out as Wright is falling. Wright made a meal of it, as any player would.

The difference is now that the FA have these new rules in place and players are at risk of getting in trouble for 'making a meal of it'.

Bailey is clearly a scapegoat here and it is annoying that we are on the end of that, and we are going to lose a key player for a big game when we have some injuries at the moment.

However, I think we must all agree that it is good that the FA are trying to get this out of the game, and really we are just unfortunate to be on the end of it.

The main thing is that they are consistent so that this is not an unfair punishment.

I absolutely agree with our statement that it is crazy that we have no right to appeal and that we have not been given a detailed explanation of how they came to their conclusion.

I only hope that this will bring us together even stronger for tomorrow with this sense of injustice, and that the team spirit will get us through.

Why make a scapegoat now? There have been numerous other incidents where players have “made a meal of it” with less contact albeit in various different situations. I think this is where the uproar is coming from. If this was the 7th time with all other incidents similar then fair enough but it isn’t. This is the FA saying they are doing something about it but not actually letting it affect their premier league golden boys. 

2 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Might be wrong. But I'm sure Danny Murphy is on a panel & I'm sure he was part of the discussion I caught on TalkSport regarding this topic. Might be wrong as I said, but I think it was this panel. Which surprises me, as I like listening to Danny. COYR 

Yep, he's one of the potential panellists. My quote in post #194 covers how it works.

If you got hit/shoved anywhere, and ended up on the ground, it can be a natural reaction to cover your face. After being shoved who's to say they aren't then going to land on top of you,  or follow it up with a sly kick. 

If he's gone down holding his face and stayed there like it until Kamara was shown the card (I haven't actually seen it properly as in work at the mo), then fair enough Wright deserves a punishment as well. How they've managed to get the red card overturned though is nothing short of amazing. Perhaps they could pass their lawyers details onto some of these celebrities that are appearing in the news at the moment.....

... this should be reviewed like the in-play cricket challenges - i.e. if the ref sees fit to issue a red card, there needs to be clear and absolute conclusive evidence to the contrary to override, otherwise the original decision has to stand. Watching the video (from the only angle we have been given) cannot clearly and absolutely contest the ref's decision as the Fulham's player's arm is clearly there or thereabouts around face area and he clearly leads with his arm in action which would be red- cardable. I cannot see how the FA panel have come to their conclusion unless they have secret cameras with unseen footage. #baffled

1 hour ago, Edge1981 said:

Serious question... What will be the result of us contacting our legal team? Our most important game of the season so far - the Cardiff game would have already passed us by so at best we will have Wright available for the Sheff Wednesday game where we should by then have Baker and Pisano available. Anyone think we’d get compensation or something? I agree we should speak to our legal team but struggle to see what we will get out of it. 

If we show that lil 'ol Bristol City , :farmer:  don't roll over to have our bellies tickled perhaps they'll think twice before hitting us with ridiculous unjust decisions again .

Angry won't describe the mood at BCFC at the moment I'd imagine. 

This dog bites .

Go ruffle those feathers Mark . 

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

But it’s not simulation, if the other player raises his hands. The fact that the Fulham player has had his Red card overturned is astonishing!

Lets say, for a second, that the collision was accidental, it doesn’t change the fact that Bailey Wright was barged into, with considerable force AND the players arms raised up. 

There is no way on gods earth that Bailey Wright should be being punished for this incident. It’s shocking!

You're not understanding my point.

The panel appear to have decided that Wright gets pushed in the torso/arm but he pretends it was to his face - that's simulation, nothing to do with what the Fulham player did, it's what Wright did.

Forget the Fulham player - we're agreed he deserved a red for raising his arms.

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Why make a scapegoat now? There have been numerous other incidents where players have “made a meal of it” with less contact albeit in various different situations. I think this is where the uproar is coming from. If this was the 7th time with all other incidents similar then fair enough but it isn’t. This is the FA saying they are doing something about it but not actually letting it affect their premier league golden boys. 

I do agree that there must have been numerous similar incidents over the course of this season that have not had such a punishment.

Unfortunately someone was going to be made a scapegoat somewhere along the way and it is us. 

From now on they have be consistent with this if they have set this one as a precedent, otherwise I agree that we are being unfairly treated.

I do think however that Bailey did make a meal of it, and therefore we of course are a little biased as he is one of our own. If the shoe was on the other foot I imagine we would see it differently.

5 minutes ago, Taz said:

If you got hit/shoved anywhere, and ended up on the ground, it can be a natural reaction to cover your face. After being shoved who's to say they aren't then going to land on top of you,  or follow it up with a sly kick. 

If he's gone down holding his face and stayed there like it until Kamara was shown the card (I haven't actually seen it properly as in work at the mo), then fair enough Wright deserves a punishment as well. How they've managed to get the red card overturned though is nothing short of amazing. Perhaps they could pass their lawyers details onto some of these celebrities that are appearing in the news at the moment.....

That's pretty much what he did.

21 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

For anyone wondering who sits on the panel...

Former players/managers
· Nigel Adkins
· Rachel Brown-Finnis
· Terry Butcher
· Lee Dixon
· Alex McLeish
· Danny Murphy
· Chris Powell 
· Trevor Sinclair 

Former match officials
· Keren Barratt
· Steve Dunn
· Mike Mullarkey
· Alan Wiley
· Eddie Wolstenhome

Steve Dunn is gas. Mystery solved.

I was not at the Fulham game and have to admit I read the start of this thread and thought maybe it was just that we as supporters are naturally biased towards our own clubs and that Wright had done something which neutrals might see differently to City fans. Then I watched the footage and it is just bloody ridiculous. Wright gets shoved over off the ball. Clearly a straight red. Even if Wright had overreacted to the contact (which I've no idea if he did or did not), it is still clearly a straight red for the assault in the first place. Appalling. 

Whilst it’s annoying and this decision is going to impact us tomorrow (booooo) Footballers (and now BW) have themselves to blame.  For too long it’s been deemed acceptable that if somebody comes in contact with you then you have the right to fall to the floor.  Football is a contact sport, so IMO you don’t have the right to just fall over and say ‘well he made contact’.  

For me whether BW was touched or not is irrelevant, he’s a big strong bloke and short of the other guy punching him in the face, I can’t see how BW ended up on the floor holding his face, unless he wanted to deceive the official.  Why a push to the torso or arm or whatever results in BWs legs collapsing I don’t know.  I would be embarrassed if I was BW to be honest.

That said,  retrospective banning with no right to appeal is not very good

Archived