IGNORED

Bailey Wright - Suspended for 2 matches

View from the Dolman

2 hours ago, chipdawg said:

If they want to interpret BW's reaction as simulation, fine. It's bullshit, but fine. But to overturn Kamara's red card is ludicrous. He ran at Bailey and shoved him over. Presumably the linesman saw him do it, told the ref what had happened and he sent him off. Which would have been in his report. The whole decision and process makes no sense whatsoever

Do we have the right to go to the Court Of Arbitration For Sport in Switzerland? Just seems stupid that Fulham can appeal it but we can't

I'm utterly flabbergasted by this whole affair

BW made the most of it (possibly). It's still a very very clear red card.

Absolutely laughable decision, on every level. The bloke who raises his hands gets no ban and the bloke on the end of it is out for 2 games. You couldn’t make it up.

The club are quite right to be getting lawyers involved. In the meantime, the best way to react create a siege mentality and hammer those ****s from Cardiff tomorrow. 

What gets me is the FA have let go all the diving and playing acting from Prem players, falling to their knees whilst clasping their faces etc, yet they have the temerity to ban a player from Carlisle and one from us.  If I were Lansdown I have a top lawyer watching every second of every game in the PL so that every incident of "simulation" can be cited and if the FA fail to act, get the court of arbitration straight onto them.

27 minutes ago, Malago said:

What gets me is the FA have let go all the diving and playing acting from Prem players, falling to their knees whilst clasping their faces etc, yet they have the temerity to ban a player from Carlisle and one from us.  If I were Lansdown I have a top lawyer watching every second of every game in the PL so that every incident of "simulation" can be cited and if the FA fail to act, get the court of arbitration straight onto them.

Thing is the panel will only look at the incident if it resulted in a red card or a penalty. 

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It's been hours now and I'm still far more annoyed about this than I should really allow myself to be.

Same - and it's probably less about the incident itself, I was definitely prepared for the red to be rescinded sympathetically as a yellow, what is gnawing away at me like some monumental injustice is the helplessness of being mugged off by the FA simply because we're not 'big time'. It is embarrassingly obvious the FA want to prove their new initiative has teeth but are absolutely terrified to employ it in the spotlight of the Premiership, so have picked us out as easy pickings.

It was exactly the same with that West Ham cup tie where they fielded an ineligible player, were found guilty, and the FA brushed it under the carpet and fined them an amount less than the prize money they won on the tie - a net reward. You knew then, and you know now, we are not a club with a loud enough voice nor ever truly newsworthy, the FA will do what they like unless you a) can get wall to wall coverage in the media and b) produce a large chunk of the FA's TV revenue.

Whether Bailey milked it or whether he didn't cant be proved.  Whether he was knocked over is clear. Wheter it is a red or not is unclear, maybe a yellow is fair.

At the end of the day, Bailey gets a 2 game ban for unproven simulation amd the Fulham player gets off scott free.

Clearly ther is some other motivation behind this ban. 

4 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Whether Bailey milked it or whether he didn't cant be proved.  Whether he was knocked over is clear. Wheter it is a red or not is unclear, maybe a yellow is fair.

At the end of the day, Bailey gets a 2 game ban for unproven simulation amd the Fulham player gets off scott free.

Clearly ther is some other motivation behind this ban. 

No one likes us.....we don't care !

I think there are 2 reasons behind this.

1, I believe he got pushed in the chest, as McAllister said after the game. Wright was holding his head, potentially overreacting, and we don’t know if the players were shouting “he’s been head butted etc”. A push is a yellow card, but to the face is a red. 

2, I think the FA are not happy with the Taylor situation. Immediately we came out with the nose is broken, suggesting that Taylor was innocent as you don’t break a nose if you head butted someone. He then got his suspension overturned but clearly didn’t have a broken nose. Again could be seen as discepetive. 

Maybe the FA are unhappy with the Taylor situation, but the 2 incidents are unconnected.

A players reputation is sullied on the basis of a panel's view of a video that is pretty clear. And furthermore a team already depleted by injuries is made to suffer unfairly.

We need to take legal action to clear Bailey and for damages to both player and club.

This actually stinks of corruption and the involvement of another interested party, i.e. Baadiff.

4 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Some absolute morons on that Fulham forum. Blinkered, arrogant and bitter that we turned them over with ease in their back yard... yet again.

Well if they're looking for a rematch, given their record against Lee Johnson they'll have to ask for best of nine.

Not going to read through all of this thread but Mark seems to suggest that the panel could not possibly have reached their verdict had they examined the footage of Kamara ploughing into Wright. It could also be read that the said panel may also not have been given that part of the footage. In short, one could not blame the panel but the FA process. 

Is that what people are getting worked up about? If so then justified. 

Apologies if this has already been covered but I've looked at a short clip of the Miller/Carlisle incident. Miller brushes against Wycombe player, quite possibly loses balance, falls but plays the ball to a teammate. No appeal for a pen but ref immediately gives it. No obvious attempt to deceive by Miller & I'm sure the ref gave a decision based on what he believed had happened. If he got it wrong that should be the end of it but the FA are obviously keen to find cases where they can "prove" deception. Miller seems to have been the unlucky, possibly innocent, victim. Carlisle did appeal but failed. No surprise there because the FA need to flex their new muscles. Is Bailey another example? 

Watching the replay again the initial shove is clearly to the chest. However his right hand rises towards wrights face as he shoves him and he makes an intentional move towards wright. I hate diving and want it stamped out like everyone else but this is a very strange example and the fa have set the bar very high for themselves now.

There’s another thing that gets me about all this.

Not sure if anyone else has said this, but if Wright was seen to be conning the ref or play acting during the game, he’d have just got a yellow card and that would be that. How on earth does that translate to an automatic 2 game ban when looked at retrospectively? 

On every conceivable level, this is a total stitch up. 

If I have understood it correctly City have said there is no appeal process to the decision

If this is the case,  then the FA procedure is seriously flawed and City should seek alternative forms of legal redress

Few of us have any confidence left in The FA as an institution as it is

41 minutes ago, RidgeRed said:

Apologies if this has already been covered but I've looked at a short clip of the Miller/Carlisle incident. Miller brushes against Wycombe player, quite possibly loses balance, falls but plays the ball to a teammate. No appeal for a pen but ref immediately gives it. No obvious attempt to deceive by Miller & I'm sure the ref gave a decision based on what he believed had happened. If he got it wrong that should be the end of it but the FA are obviously keen to find cases where they can "prove" deception. Miller seems to have been the unlucky, possibly innocent, victim. Carlisle did appeal but failed. No surprise there because the FA need to flex their new muscles. Is Bailey another example? 

I said at the time of the miller incident that it was laughable and just bad refereeing that the FA were covering for.

15 minutes ago, redapple said:

Still angry about this. Hope we thrash Cardiff although I suspect it will be a draw. 

Yup..... I woke in the middle of the night thinking about this. Bloody outrageous decision. Whoever steps in (Mags I suspect) is going to feel the pressure and will really need our support this arvo. Let's not get on our defence's backs if things go a bit askew at times but fill the ground with passion and do some major sheep worrying... :chant6ez:

Archived