IGNORED

Bailey Wright - Suspended for 2 matches

View from the Dolman

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Perhaps we are being just a bit too good for the big clubs .

Slow us down a bit so they can catch up .

Disgraceful decision .

Let's use this anger to show them that we can win without and for Bailey Wright . 

:bruce_h4h:

Yes - plus loud cries of ‘simulation’ every time a Cardiff player falls over!

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Contained in the Club statement is a video clip of the incident.

I am baffled as to how, on watching the clip, it might be construed BW was simulating - he was pushed and fell over! 

Just wait for Joe B to be suspended for simulation when he 'jumped' over the barrier in the same game,obviously NOT pushed by the same thug player. :(

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think Fulham must have employed lawyer Bob Mattingburg from Blackadder:

Edmund: "I remember Mattingburg’s most famous case, the case of the bloody knife.
A man was found next to a murdured body, he had the knife in his hand,
thirteen witnesses that seen him stab the victim, when the police
arrived he said, “I’m glad I killed the bastard.” Mattingburg not
only got him off, but he got him knighted in the New Year’s Honors
list, and the relatives of the victim had to pay to have the blood
washed out of his jacket."

I even read that in Blackadders voice.

What’s even more bizarre than charging Wright with an offence, is turning down our appeal, after they have overturned someone putting their arm into another players face!

What evidence are they possibly going on, to say that Bailey Wright cheated..?!

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Just wait for Joe B to be suspended for simulation when he 'jumped' over the barrier in the same game,obviously NOT pushed by the same thug player. :(

And the same player had a run in with CoD too. He was a red card waiting to happen. The Fulham fans I talked to after didn't see it as a wrong decision either.

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Pushed in the chest gone down holding his face. 

Simple push isn't enough for a red card is it? I've only ever seen players be booked for pushing. 

So the red was obviously issued on the basis he was hit in the face. 

If it wasn't a City player I'm not so sure you'd all be seeing it the same way. 

Rewatch the clip. After the initial push - totally off the ball and unacceptable in itself - there is a raised hand that catches Bailey.

2 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

He definitely exaggerated it. Was down holding his face for a long time. And the footage shows he wasn't hit in the face. 

Presumably this is the thinking of the FA. Unbelievably harsh, though. Players exaggerate every single time they go down. 

Kamara's right arm looks close to BW's face in the video, certainly not far enough away to be sure BW cheated.

22 minutes ago, Super said:

The problem maybe is he goes down holding his face.

Absolutely this. It was a shove, there was no need for Wright to be holding his face

Sounds like I'm on my own here, but I think he's brought this on himself. Should've just hit the deck

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Go to 0.03 on that video and tell me he pushed BW in the chest, it looks a fair bit higher to me.

Wright said in the post match interview that he caught him on the chin which I think is about right looking at the footage. Maybe he should have hit the deck holding his chin instead and then we wouldn’t even be discussing his suspension. 

So I'm going to play devils advocate.

The push is made by Kamara, firmly to the chest and Wright fell because of the force of the push. Fine. In my opinion, a yellow card offence, but I can understand why some may see it as a red.

However. At no point is contact made to the face and Wright does hold his face on the floor and stays down for a long time. He was fit to carry on so if he was on my team, I'd have told him to get up and stop milking it. He clearly wasn't injured enough to lie motionless on the floor which in and as of itself, is acting.

That said if I'd been on the panel, I'd have overturned the red but not banned Wright, although he may have got a note telling him to man up.

HE HAS NO RIGHT OF APPEAL? What kind of dictatorship are they running there? I think it would be great if Bailey Wright pursued the individual panel members through the civil courts for defamation of character. I'll bet they would be appealing if found guilty of that.

27 minutes ago, Super said:

The problem maybe is he goes down holding his face.

11 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Simple push isn't enough for a red card is it? I've only ever seen players be booked for pushing. 

4 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Absolutely this. It was a shove, there was no need for Wright to be holding his face

Sounds like I'm on my own here, but I think he's brought this on himself. Should've just hit the deck

His hand dont go to his face until he hits the ground.

Very possible that it was the landing that caused him the pain there (as Bailey said) or for the arm that was flicked at him after the push caught his face.

But one thing that is consistant when players grab their faces to try and send someone off, is they go to their face immediately, not waiting until after they've fallen over.

It's not because he's gone down it's because he was pushed in the chest and has gone down clutching his face. It's blatant simulation. Hate that we've been disadvantaged but in a general sense I'm glad to see it clamped down upon. If a Cardiff player did that tomorrow we'd all be livid and bang on about Warnock leading a bunch of cheats as usual

Mental. This is mental!

Literally do not understand how they have come to that decision. Firstly to overturn the red card but then to give BW a 2 match ban as well? It's weird.

Really disruptive to our preparation as well, I imagine we prepare our back four in training and now will have to change that with little over 24 hours to go and no time on the training pitch. Horrendous decision.

If this is worthy of a two match ban then expect to see at least 10-15 players banned each week across the divisions. Dangerous precedent!

2 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

It's not because he's gone down it's because he was pushed in the chest and has gone down clutching his face. It's blatant simulation. Hate that we've been disadvantaged but in a general sense I'm glad to see it clamped down upon. If a Cardiff player did that tomorrow we'd all be livid and bang on about Warnock leading a bunch of cheats as usual

You make a good point. I think the FA have set a precedent now and this should be the first of many suspensions we see for now on. How many teams do we see this go on in football? All the time! 

16 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Pushed ‘ Shoved - it was much more than that....look at Kamara’s right arm.

13 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

To be fair, the same people who got Matt Taylor's red rescinded. You win some , you lose some 

Makes you wonder doesn’t it.

12 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Kamara's right arm looks close to BW's face in the video, certainly not far enough away to be sure BW cheated.

Exactly.

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Go to 0.03 on that video and tell me he pushed BW in the chest, it looks a fair bit higher to me.

Yep.

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

HE HAS NO RIGHT OF APPEAL? What kind of dictatorship are they running there? I think it would be great if Bailey Wright pursued the individual panel members through the civil courts for defamation of character. I'll bet they would be appealing if found guilty of that.

With Lansdown's financial backing he could do that. It would be, to use a legal phrase, gurt lush me babber!

Archived