IGNORED

Bailey Wright - Suspended for 2 matches

View from the Dolman

16 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Pushed in the chest gone down holding his face. 

Simple push isn't enough for a red card is it? I've only ever seen players be booked for pushing. 

So the red was obviously issued on the basis he was hit in the face. 

If it wasn't a City player I'm not so sure you'd all be seeing it the same way. 

This has to be the basis, surely?

He was clearly pushed over but if he faked being hit in the face to make it a red card, it changes the case considerably.

Credit to MA, the legal team and the media department, that is a bloody fantastic response by the club. It really has shone a spotlight on the FA and their lack of accountability and in the current climate is a brilliant wrap across the knuckles. Our media team should be working overtime to get this statement picked up in the national press, especially as we seem to be "darlings" of sorts at the moment.  

I hope that as much of the thought that was put in to that was for defending the initial charge.

The part that gets me? The Fulham lad actively runs at Bails. Directly at him. Knocks him over and walks away. Then, the Fulham lad looks at Bailey on the floor. Actually stares at him on the floor. No offer to get up, no hand offered etc.

The FA once again showing their stupidity.

4 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Mental. This is mental!

Literally do not understand how they have come to that decision. Firstly to overturn the red card but then to give BW a 2 match ban as well? It's weird.

Really disruptive to our preparation as well, I imagine we prepare our back four in training and now will have to change that with little over 24 hours to go and no time on the training pitch. Horrendous decision.

If this is worthy of a two match ban then expect to see at least 10-15 players banned each week across the divisions. Dangerous precedent!

I think it's a fantastic precedent. What's frustrating is that I can't recall seeing anyone punished for something like this before and the first time is a City player, when it happens all the time. But if it means it will start to be clamped down upon consistently and this type of simulation is kicked out of the game I think that's a good thing.

Just now, Pezo said:

So just to be clear we can walk around pushing Cardiff players over tomorrow and there is no reprimand for us? If they go down holding there faces then they get a 2 match ban?

Tomlin is screwed then. Flinty must be rubbing his hands with glee.

Silver linings.

2 minutes ago, Pezo said:

So just to be clear we can walk around pushing Cardiff players over tomorrow and there is no reprimand for us? If they go down holding there faces then they get a 2 match ban?

He did get sent off.

49 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

That all goes without saying really, shame about Pisano, Baker and now Wright all seemingly being out. Hopefully our forward 6’s ability to tear teams open will make up for our defensive frailty in Maggs and Vyner

Wouldn't put Vyner in for this 'orrible lot-would be playing right into Warnock's 'ands....has to be Korey or Josh...

1 minute ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Right, ive looked at it 12 times now, I can only assume, the FA saw Bailey got pushed in the chest but he fell holding his face......but, why was the red card rescinded, its still a red card regardless.

The trouble is that video is not 100% clear. I don't think he caught his face but not certain which makes his 2 match ban a strange one.

Got to try and keep Bristol City down so clubs like Villa can catch up and get back to the prem club. The decision is baffling to be perfectly honest. We are 15-16 matches in across the entire football league and this is only the second time a suspension has been handed down retrospectively. So how this is deemed simulation when another grown man runs into you how have we not seen more bans? It is a joke and I honestly believe it is because we are a “small” club doing well and powers that be will help out the “bigger” clubs

3 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Right, ive looked at it 12 times now, I can only assume, the FA saw Bailey got pushed in the chest but he fell holding his face......but, why was the red card rescinded, its still a red card regardless.

This is the key. Bailey's reaction. We all hate it when players go to ground, holding their face, writhing around in so-called agony, even when contact hasn't been made to their face. But, others seem to think there was contact as well with his face, or near. 

I'd argue that you could question the way Wright went down and stayed down like he'd been decked (Wright isn't a small lad) but that doesn't excuse the contact/push he received. Maybe the panel had difficulty with principle 5 which they based their decision on. 

I'd say Wright's reaction is standard in football given the amount of questionable player contact that results in players lying on the floor, but if this is the reason for the ban, then there would be suspensions dished out every game across all leagues.

SSN keep talking about this matter, without showing the footage we can all see on Twitter, and seeming more excited that the Fulham player can play in the match they are showing tonight.

They even said for an incident caught of camera. 

You only have to see the reaction of our players. They were the closest to the incident. Camera had been playing on a knife edge all night. It was only a matter of time before he was involved with something. He clearly runs into BW leading with his elbow. Terrible decision by the FA. You have to wonder about hidden agendas here. Because that is complety baffling. No wonder the club used very hard language to describe their feelings. They might actually get into trouble for that. 10 times out of 10 that's a sending off. Which incidentally was given by the linesman not the ref. Was he consulted?

20 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

It's not because he's gone down it's because he was pushed in the chest and has gone down clutching his face. It's blatant simulation. Hate that we've been disadvantaged but in a general sense I'm glad to see it clamped down upon. If a Cardiff player did that tomorrow we'd all be livid and bang on about Warnock leading a bunch of cheats as usual

Completely wrong. look at his right arm. It's a forearm smash under Baileys chin. You have his white wrist band as a guide to where the contact is made. Were you on the panel by any chance? 

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

SSN keep talking about this matter, without showing the footage we can all see on Twitter, and seeming more excited that the Fulham player can play in the match they are showing tonight.

They even said for an incident caught of camera. 

It wasn't on the main match camera which Sky/C5 will have access to. Presumably the club's footage came from own our analysis camera(s).

I know that previous behaviour is not sufficient basis for guilt, but the farcical thing about some faceless group looking at a short video clip is that in the context of his entire performance, Kamara was just a red card waiting to happen all game.

He was bundling into our players repeatedly with very little skill and clear increasing frustration. Several free kicks had been given against him in the first half which from an officiating standpoint should mean he was on notice about his "football".

To then raise your hands off the ball to an opponent when you've spent the match being called up for fouls - and various other clumsy at best behaviour like crashing Joe Bryan over the advertising hoardings - how on earth does the FA side with him?

By the way, this was posted in real time during the match by a Fulham fan without even seeing the incident (http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=62312.0): 

AK is a liability, no skill on the ball and was clearly being wound up by the BC defenders. Pretty obvious he was going to get a red. 

Archived