IGNORED

Bailey Wright - Suspended for 2 matches

View from the Dolman

36 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

What’s even more bizarre than charging Wright with an offence, is turning down our appeal, after they have overturned someone putting their arm into another players face!

What evidence are they possibly going on, to say that Bailey Wright cheated..?!

The evidence he was pushed on the torso/arm but clutched his face thereby simulating a blow to his head which didn't happen.

14 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

I think it's a fantastic precedent. What's frustrating is that I can't recall seeing anyone punished for something like this before and the first time is a City player, when it happens all the time. But if it means it will start to be clamped down upon consistently and this type of simulation is kicked out of the game I think that's a good thing.

Do you really believe that?

So that blatant dive by Bernardo of Man City that Dyche was so rightly angry about, why wasn't that punished?

He jumped about six feet in the air and twisted around having barely been touched, or is it only simulation if you don't play for a Prem club?

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

The evidence he was pushed on the torso/arm but clutched his face thereby simulating a blow to his head which didn't happen.

Ok. So it’s alright for players to push another in the Torso, off the ball now is it..?

As I said in my first response, it’s disappointing IF Bailey has exaggerated the contact. 

What footage are they going on, that shows no contact to his face..?

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

It wasn't on the main match camera which Sky/C5 will have access to. Presumably the club's footage came from own our analysis camera(s).

I think Sky Sports regularly use items from twitter.

If say a Man Utd player tweets what he has for his breakfast, here we have the FA branding a player a cheat, and all the evidence is not being shown.

But hooray, Fulham’s centre forward can play in our live match tonight.

And I am not saying BW didn’t make the most of it, I am sure he did as do all other footballers. I’d be less angry if this were the precedent set going forward but I have incidents in my head already that make that seem like it won’t be the case. 

Richarlison of Watford won a penalty in similar fashion. Ok not a push but a run into the box with minimal contact and went down like he was shot. There was even talk about it after the match if it should be a ban and some said yes. I’d say there was more contact on BW than on Richarlison while both made the most of it. Plus, it was already 2-0 so why try and get the player sent off? The referee saw contact, there was contact so end of really. Rescind? Maybe. Ban player who was basically NFL style tackled? Never in a million years

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So that blatant dive by Bernardo of Man City that Dyche was so rightly angry about, why wasn't that punished?

He jumped about six feet in the air and twisted around having barely been touched, or is it only simulation if you don't play for a Prem OR EX PREM (particularly one from London) club?

Edited for accuracy Graham. 

3 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

it does look like Bailey also raises his arms, possibly to defend himself, then hits the floor. He was pushed, so there isn't simulation in that regard but I don't think he was hit in the face

He was pushed with enough force to fall over. I’m guessing that’s what the red card was for.

If you got a forearm smash to the throat/chin/upper chest area who is to say what the correct method of going down is. 

Who is to say that throat is not connected to the back of the nose... Or eyes. Maybe the pressure of the hit caused a chain reaction of pain. 

There is not enough evidence of the actual point of impact notwithstanding the movement of Kamaras arm in an upward movement to say BW reaction was one of deception. 

Clearly Kamara moved towards BW and smashed him deliberately. He moves sideways after. I think it took BW by surprise. 

Note to add. How many players have gone down with leg injuries holding their face. It's a natural reaction

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He jumped about six feet in the air and twisted around having barely been touched, or is it only simulation if you don't play for a Prem club?

I think that is the wrong decision, not this one.

Perhaps it is naive to suggest that this will set a precedent though, yes

10 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Because he rolled around clutching his face - that's the simulation, the face bit

From my view of the video clip, Kamara pushed BW and his right arm carried on moving upwards to hit BW in the chin, throat or face. 

BW fell over and was clutching the general area of his chin/throat/face. 

I fail to see any simulation. 

2 minutes ago, David Brent said:

To rescind the red card is bad enough but to punish Bailey Wright for it is bizarre.

So Bailey Wright isn’t allowed to fall over after being pushed to the floor?

Thats not the issue. Its whether he was caught in the face which is debatable.

I have not read comments as lots on here! But will offer my view, probably in the minority.

I think it is definitely a push and Bailey would be forced off balance and likely to fall on the ground. However, it is clearly a strong push to his chest. The forearm only comes out as Wright is falling. Wright made a meal of it, as any player would.

The difference is now that the FA have these new rules in place and players are at risk of getting in trouble for 'making a meal of it'.

Bailey is clearly a scapegoat here and it is annoying that we are on the end of that, and we are going to lose a key player for a big game when we have some injuries at the moment.

However, I think we must all agree that it is good that the FA are trying to get this out of the game, and really we are just unfortunate to be on the end of it.

The main thing is that they are consistent so that this is not an unfair punishment.

I absolutely agree with our statement that it is crazy that we have no right to appeal and that we have not been given a detailed explanation of how they came to their conclusion.

I only hope that this will bring us together even stronger for tomorrow with this sense of injustice, and that the team spirit will get us through.

Archived