Ok. So team for tomorrow?

REDOXO

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

I think I’d go for:

Fielding

Vyner Flint Maggs Bryan

COD Smith Brownhill Pack Paterson 

Reid

I think we’ll need 5 across midfield because of our weak defence. Maybe switch to two up top later on when Duric comes on for a midfielder. If baker and/or Pisano are fit that put them in obviously 

Yes could do but I really worry Cardiff will exploit that with the likes of Hoilett and Mendez-Laing. We need to pray Baker is fit. 

42 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s ‘funny’ how our relatively large squad is being tested for depth at the moment.

A lot of us, me included, thought 5 CBs was too many.  Flint, Wright, Baker, Magnússon, Hegeler.  Typically a squad will have a full-back who could play CB.  We have one in Pisano, but he’s injured too.  Not sure Vyner is ready to play CB yet, especially v Cardiff.

I hope we find a way to use the injustice of Wright in our favour.

Fielding 

Smith Flint Baker Bryan

COD Pack Brownhill Paterson

Djuric  Reid

Its not a fun decision to make (if Eros, Wright and Baker are all out). But in an odd way, I'd say its actually quite simple, Vyner and Mags come in. It's easy to worry about either of them playing in what will probably be a particularly physical game, but not playing them with the current list of injuries is basically telling them - 'I would rather come up with a whole new formation and/or play other players out of position than play you'.  If they are part of the squad we need to be able to rely on them or they may as well not be here. So Vyner and mags in and Kelly on the bench (believe he can play LB and CB), in case of even more injuries.

give Baker every injection known to man to make to him play. Probably even the same with Pisano too. Magnússon and Vyner will make our defence 20% of what it normally is.

All for the gateway to Vyner/Maggy normally, but you can't throw them into a game this big against a Warnock team. They'll be taken the piss out of.

Vyner HAS to play imo. Bryan has never played RB, and while I'm sure he could do so, that only means playing Mags out of position or playing a similarly inexperienced player to Zak (Kelly). Plus I wouldn't want to disrupt Bryan after him being on such a good run lately. 

Fielding

Korey .... Flint .... Baker/Mags .... Bryan

Paterson .... Pack .... Brownhill .... O'Dowda

Reid .... Djuric

I'd back Korey to have a steady game at right back should he be required to fill in, I'd also back Djuric to deal with Bamba whereas Reid alone may struggle with their physical centre back combo. 

1 hour ago, super_scotty_murray said:

Against a Warnock managed Cardiff I would start Djuric if fit. We will need a big presence and it will likely be a physical game. Very different to the Fulham game where the 5 man midfield was a great call.

I am going to assume Pisano, Baker and Wright are not available so I would go with Vyner with COD in front of him offering defensive support. My XI:

Fielding

Vyner Flint Magnússon Bryan

COD Smith Brownhill Paterson

Reid Djuric

I can see Paterson being left out and Brownhill being moved to the right. He wasn't at his best against Fulham and we need a bit of strength so Duric and Pack should start. 

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

Fielding

Korey .... Flint .... Baker/Mags .... Bryan

Paterson .... Pack .... Brownhill .... O'Dowda

Reid .... Djuric

I'd back Korey to have a steady game at right back should he be required to fill in, I'd also back Djuric to deal with Bamba whereas Reid alone may struggle with their physical centre back combo. 

Korey has to play in midfield. He was absolutely immense on Tuesday. 

Just now, The Bard said:

Korey has to play in midfield. He was absolutely immense on Tuesday. 

Thing is Vyner definitely has a mistake or two in him, I'd rather we had someone at RB who is likely to be steady whether that be Korey or Brownhill filling in for 2 games then so be it. 

Lee and the team will have put a plan into place this week as to how they are going to play against Cardiff. I think they will be keen not to have to disrupt those plans if they can avoid it, so the simplest solution is just to replace Wright with another right back, either Pisano or Vyner. Unless of course Pisano was already planned to play, so in that case replace Wright with Magnússon.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Thing is Vyner definitely has a mistake or two in him, I'd rather we had someone at RB who is likely to be steady whether that be Korey or Brownhill filling in for 2 games then so be it. 

If he's not going to be used when we're short of the 2 main right back options, then why bother pretending he's part of the squad? 

1 minute ago, The Bard said:

If he's not going to be used when we're short of the 2 main right back options, then why bother pretending he's part of the squad? 

Very good question, but why are we keeping a right back around who doesn't feature before moving one of our first choice centre backs ahead of playing him.

2 hours ago, Shtanley said:

I think I’d go for:

Fielding

Vyner Flint Maggs Bryan

COD Smith Brownhill Pack Paterson 

Reid

I think we’ll need 5 across midfield because of our weak defence. Maybe switch to two up top later on when Duric comes on for a midfielder. If baker and/or Pisano are fit that put them in obviously 

100% ! Can't risk Pisano at RB as he's clearly struggling for fitness . COD' s pace will give Zack some protection and may keep their left wing back quieter . Hate 1 up top but it's the common sense thing to do . 

18 minutes ago, petehinton said:

give Baker every injection known to man to make to him play. Probably even the same with Pisano too. Magnússon and Vyner will make our defence 20% of what it normally is.

All for the gateway to Vyner/Maggy normally, but you can't throw them into a game this big against a Warnock team. They'll be taken the piss out of.

But would you risk starting Baker if there's a chance another twist of his knee could put him out for 6weeks?

Same with Pisano as we know playing with a dodgy hamstring could make it a lot worse.

Even the chance of them coming off early and then playing with Mags and Vyner  for a lot longer than one game.

Back 4 should be 

Greg Louganis    Jacques Cousteau  Jean-Michel Cousteau Tom Daley

Should make life easier for the FA panel with this load of divers playing for us.

Really hope Pisano and Baker are fit. I would be concerned with vyner and Magnússon in the starting line up come midday. Vyner always looks short of confidence and nervous whenever I've seen him. Magnússon is not the 'best defender in the side' as many on here have dubbed him, in fact I think he's struggled to get up to speed with the championship. Don't get me wrong I'm not slating him and I think he's alright but I fear he would get well and truly bullied tomorrow. 

I’d go for..

Fielding GK

Smith RB

Flint CB

Baker CB

Bryan LB

Paterson RM

Brownhill CM

Pack CM

O’dowda LM

Djuric FW

Reid FW

I personally think it’s too big of a risk to throw Zak in a game like this. Rotate the positions and keep the same side out. 

It’s a no brainer for Baker to walk straight back in if fit. If not then I’m confident Mags can do a job for us!

His long throws might be what’s needed tomorrow.

32 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Really hope Pisano and Baker are fit. I would be concerned with vyner and Magnússon in the starting line up come midday. Vyner always looks short of confidence and nervous whenever I've seen him. Magnússon is not the 'best defender in the side' as many on here have dubbed him, in fact I think he's struggled to get up to speed with the championship. Don't get me wrong I'm not slating him and I think he's alright but I fear he would get well and truly bullied tomorrow. 

you have a funny way of not slating him I have to say, talk about damning with faint praise.

To move Korey from his midfield position will severely weaken our midfield. The fewer the changes, the better so no square pegs in round holes.

If Baker is not fit then it has to be Mags with Flint. And I would put Zak at RB if Eros isn't fit because he's the only right back available.

Five in midfield and Bobby at false 9 just like at Fulham. I suspect LJ will set up to attempt not to lose rather than going for an attacking set up.

23 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

To move Korey from his midfield position will severely weaken our midfield. The fewer the changes, the better so no square pegs in round holes.

If Baker is not fit then it has to be Mags with Flint. And I would put Zak at RB if Eros isn't fit because he's the only right back available.

Five in midfield and Bobby at false 9 just like at Fulham. I suspect LJ will set up to attempt not to lose rather than going for an attacking set up.

Thing is Korey at right back isn't a square peg in a round hole situation he's perfectly accomplished playing at right back. 

28 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Korey has played there many times. 

3 hours ago, I Am A Cider Drinker said:

What would actually happen if we just said f the fa and just played Bailey?

Seriously though, just play Vyner there, that’s his position and he is next in line to play there after Pisano and Wright

I think it would be a points deduction for playing an ineligible player

Archived