IGNORED

Ok. So team for tomorrow?

REDOXO

11 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Are we really that desperate to play someone that far out of position?

See tomorrow if Pisano is fit but CoD is versatile enough to play there. I wouldn’t worry if he did play there or swap him with JB as he is two footed?

maybe Brownhill but think we lose something if he moved back there

It’s a tough one.. I imagine he’ll go with Vyner as right back.

If it were me I’d probably go with Brownhill. Toss up between him and Smith but in a game like tomorrow we’ll need Smith in his usual position. Assuming Baker isn’t fit then Magnússon and Flint centre half.

Fielding

Brownhill - Flint - Magnússon - Bryan

Paterson - Smith - Pack - O’Dowda

Reid -Djuric

Don’t feel confident in that team at all and unfortunately I think we might lose.

54 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

To move Korey from his midfield position will severely weaken our midfield. The fewer the changes, the better so no square pegs in round holes.

If Baker is not fit then it has to be Mags with Flint. And I would put Zak at RB if Eros isn't fit because he's the only right back available.

Five in midfield and Bobby at false 9 just like at Fulham. I suspect LJ will set up to attempt not to lose rather than going for an attacking set up.

LJ has never gone with a "try not to lose" set up, why would that suddenly change tomorrow?

59 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

To move Korey from his midfield position will severely weaken our midfield. The fewer the changes, the better so no square pegs in round holes.

If Baker is not fit then it has to be Mags with Flint. And I would put Zak at RB if Eros isn't fit because he's the only right back available.

Five in midfield and Bobby at false 9 just like at Fulham. I suspect LJ will set up to attempt not to lose rather than going for an attacking set up.

Agree entirely. We played this formation really well only a few days ago so the team will be comfortable with it despite the suspension and injuries. The formation also protects the disrupted defence. 

I`m normally the happiest of happy clappers but I`m beginning to write this game off if I`m honest. Unless we can turn all this negative shit into a massive bunker mentality we`re screwed I think.

Scratch back four, Warnock, Cardiff, Tomlin gets out of jail along with all the other injuries is just too much to deal with all in one go.

Still, we`ve overcome adversity before, lets hope we can do it again.

Only Lee will know whether Zak is ready or not, but a bloody great opportunity for the lad.  Hope Lee thinks he's ready and he plays a blinder.

Putting Korey there will just ruin our midfield and our chances of winning the game.

If Baker is fit, I wonder how Joe or Maggers might do at RB, but I don't like the idea of this at all.

Trust that Lee will make the wright decision.

I'd play the 4-5-1 seen at Fulham. I wouldn't be desperate to risk Baker. If he's fit obviously no brainer to play him, if he's not 100%, don't risk it, don't want it becoming long term.

And put trust in Zak Vyner and Mags to come in and do well. 

5 in midfield to potect a weakened back 4. This may on the front of it seem negative, especially with us being at home. But would make a lot of sense with our circumstances. But I don't expect Johnson will want to be negative. 

Its a difficult one to call. But I have full faith in Johnson to make the right call based on what he see's day in and day out in training. He's been excellent in choosing the correct teams/ formations/ tactics this year 

Up the City x

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

I’d go for..

Fielding GK

Smith RB

Flint CB

Baker CB

Bryan LB

Paterson RM

Brownhill CM

Pack CM

O’dowda LM

Djuric FW

Reid FW

I personally think it’s too big of a risk to throw Zak in a game like this. Rotate the positions and keep the same side out. 

It’s a no brainer for Baker to walk straight back in if fit. If not then I’m confident Mags can do a job for us!

His long throws might be what’s needed tomorrow.

Rather see brownhill at right back than smith. Smith did ok for a game or 2 but was taken apart at Preston by mcgeady.  also think he is more vital in the centre than brownhill is. 

6 hours ago, Shtanley said:

I think I’d go for:

Fielding

Vyner Flint Maggs Bryan

COD Smith Brownhill Pack Paterson 

Reid

I think we’ll need 5 across midfield because of our weak defence. Maybe switch to two up top later on when Duric comes on for a midfielder. If baker and/or Pisano are fit that put them in obviously 

I'm with this one

4 hours ago, gow2gooseya said:

I'm with this one

I reckon that this i what Lee has probably been thinking.  We shall see, but it will depend upon the relative fitness of Eros (wouldn't risk him), Nathan (not sure) and Milan (looking a bit more positive).

If Pieman plays for Baadiff, I think we need to rough him up a bit early on. Think Colin may use him ad a sub though.

Agree with those who say start with Vyner, he is a RB so none of this "move one of our best midfielders there" nonsense, also he played up at Newcastle last season when we drew up there and the majority of our supporters wouldn't blame the lad if it doesn't work out in these very strange circumstances.

Starting to worry about Pisano's availability record though, not been great so far, fit for less than half of our games..

given that we have been alright without pisano at rb,id give him a pain killing steroid injection  to start the game with zak on the bench if it doesnt work.

flint and baker or mags should be ok so long as mags gets 20 mins extra warm up.

from what ive seen,i think he takes a short while to get into the game and gets better as it goes on.

What with the break coming up I think they’ll be inclined to rest Pisano and baker. Yes it’s a derby but it’s not worth risking our long term defensive capabilities. Also you have to wonder how it will affect Vyner and Maggs if they aren’t played ahead of two players that would be out of position. This is why there in the squad after all.

14 hours ago, eardun said:

Agree entirely. We played this formation really well only a few days ago so the team will be comfortable with it despite the suspension and injuries. The formation also protects the disrupted defence. 

I think that was more a ‘one-off’ to constrain Fulham’s passing game. Not sure it would work against Cardiff, who will  look to bypass our midfield. 

14 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

given that we have been alright without pisano at rb,id give him a pain killing steroid injection  to start the game with zak on the bench if it doesnt work.

flint and baker or mags should be ok so long as mags gets 20 mins extra warm up.

from what ive seen,i think he takes a short while to get into the game and gets better as it goes on.

I’m no medical expert (although I had enough injuries), but is a steroid injection appropriate for a hamstring strain?

It isn’t really a question for me. It has to be a back 4 of Vyner, Flint, Mags and Bryan. Has to be. Vyner isn’t quite up to it yet....for 46 games but he is well up for a one off when needed. Done well enough and actually grew into the game against Reading against Barrow and Aluko who are at least as good as Hoilett and Mendez laing. He has also had a good game against Dmitri Payet. He is 20-21 years old and is the 3rd choice RB. Our first two are out so he is in. 

So with that said, the debate about 2 or 3 in midfield is a good one. Djuric would give them something to think about for 90 minutes. Thought about Woodrow and Reid but didn’t like it. Matty Taylor is a battler though. Might go for Matty T and Bobby as both will work extremely hard and Bobby will be like a third midfielder as always. Then have to have COD in front of Vyner like at Reading which is fine. So I will go with 

Fielding

Vyner Flint Magnússon Bryan

COD Smith Brownhill Paterson 

Reid

Taylor

No point in trying to select today's team because we don't know who'll be available. 

If both Pisaro and Baker are fit then it's pretty straightforward. If they're not and without Wright that makes its a much tougher selection.

Obviously Vyner and Hodur would come into the frame but we'll just have to wait and see what the line up is.

14 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Fielding

Vyner Flint Magnússon Bryan

COD Smith Brownhill Paterson 

Reid

Taylor

Agreed- particularly your comments on Vyner. And to have almost a third of the team as home grown on a Derby day is excellent stuff.

I had a chat with Ivan Testemitanu last season when we were on our losing streak and he said the thing about most home grown players is that when you're up against it- they give that little bit extra . I'd be happy to see Vyner start and he won't need telling how important the game is.

As for Djuric- maybe his height is needed but I guess we'll see both on at some stage.

@Robbored we're not selecting- we're pontificating which is usual on a football forum.:thumbsup:

Archived