IGNORED

IMPORTANT - South Stand Display vs Cardiff

James

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Which is what is done at every international fixture, so wouldn't be a problem tomorrow 

It’s not an international game? And as I’ve said before is this not supposed to be a sign of respect to our fallen, or are we only remembering our English heroes? Again just saying I think we are using the occasion to have a dig. If we are to remember and I take my hat off to all who put the effort in, Then we need to remember them all, if I’m wrong I’m sorry but how was it put forward to the club, National pride or respect?

34 minutes ago, Harry said:

Folks. We don't want any knickers twisted over this. So everyone please stay cool and be excellent to each other. 

Whilst some ideas on here are great, we've certainly not got the experience, manpower or talent to put together a card display of a Scott Murray image, a dragon, a poppy or a Union Jack. 

As our first effort of trying to include the whole stand in a display we just wanted to start with something simple. It's just a plain red & white card display. All anyone would need to do is just hold the piece of card up when the teams emerge from the tunnel and hold up for a couple of minutes. 

Nothing extravagant. We aren't that sophisticated yet folks. 

And party on, Dude!

2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Good evening Cyder, no Reg, no hang on that's not it either.

What if my real name's James McClean? The last thing I'd want to be involved with is inadvertently holding up part of a Remberance poppy display 

I'm sure you can see the point I'm making, unlike some on this thread evidently.

I think you can rest assured that it wont be an advert for Colgate toothpaste Mr McClean..... 

Everyone will hopefully be doing it like this... :redcard:  too when the ref dismisses Tomlin for excessive twatism  :fingerscrossed:

:redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard:

:redcard::redcard::gaah::redcard::redcard:

:redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard:       .... don't be a Gaah! Man.

1 minute ago, WhistleHappy said:

I think you can rest assured that it wont be an advert for Colgate toothpaste Mr McClean..... 

Everyone will hopefully be doing it like this... :redcard:  too when the ref dismisses Tomlin for excessive twatism  :fingerscrossed:

:redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard:

:redcard::redcard::gaah::redcard::redcard:

:redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard:       .... don't be a Gaah! Man.

Now that would be worth the entrance fee on it`s own!

• Admin
16 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

It’s not an international game? And as I’ve said before is this not supposed to be a sign of respect to our fallen, or are we only remembering our English heroes? Again just saying I think we are using the occasion to have a dig. If we are to remember and I take my hat off to all who put the effort in, Then we need to remember them all, if I’m wrong I’m sorry but how was it put forward to the club, National pride or respect?

It' not related to the period of remembrance, just like you will see English and Welsh flags around the ground tomorrow 

Puzzled why you keep asking about how it was put to the club? 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

It' not related to the period of remembrance, just like you will see English and Welsh flags around the ground tomorrow 

Puzzled why you keep asking about how it was put to the club? 

Sorry I must have misunderstood with it being remembererenc Sunday the following day and holding the cards up during a minute silence to remember our fallen, hope you can see where the confusion came from.

now I know it’s a nation v nation thing I’ll pipe down,

1 hour ago, man in the middle said:

Why a St George’s flag and not a Union Jack ? Do we not honour all of our fallen?

Not really sure what your point is. 

We are a football club from England. We use our national flag to honour those who fought for our country. 

We are also part of the United Kingdom, a collection of 3 other countries who also fought with us in wars. 

Should we also fly flags of USA, Poland, Australia, Bhurma, France, Russia, Siam, Serbia, Portugal and numerous others who also fought and died alongside us? 

As English people, why is it so wrong to honour England and English people? 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

We are a football club from England. We use our national flag to honour those who fought for our country. 

We are also part of the United Kingdom, a collection of 3 other countries who also fought with us in wars. 

Should we also fly flags of USA, Poland, Australia, Bhurma, France, Russia, Siam, Serbia, Portugal and numerous others who also fought and died alongside us? 

You’ve missed a couple of posts, rememberance Sunday is a day to remember people who have fought, sacrificed their lives for Great Britain not just England. When have you ever witnessed a minute silence for only England soldiers, and as said before I’ve obviously miss understood the reason for holding the cards up as it sounds just to be a sign of patriotism not a sign of respect to our fallen and to that I have already apologised,

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

Hello Harry,

as just one person I would love us to be able to show a flag from every country that fought for us.

but I am prepared to wait.

keep up the good work

reddoh

9 hours ago, man in the middle said:

Sorry I must have misunderstood with it being remembererenc Sunday the following day and holding the cards up during a minute silence to remember our fallen, hope you can see where the confusion came from.

now I know it’s a nation v nation thing I’ll pipe down,

Remembrance Sunday is 12th November....

2 minutes ago, James_ said:

As Harry says, the display has been changed beyond our control due to our Nation's Flag being deemed antagonistic.

Make of that what you will as our opponents this afternoon fly their surfer..

Please tell me that this isn't true.

Whether our 'nations ' flag is the Cross of St George or the Union Flag, how can it be antagonistic to be proud of your nation?!

Frustrating to say the least, as although it was the money kindly raised from your/our pockets to fund this display (as well as the numerous hours spent setting up). We now have no control over the layout of the cards.

Your guess is as good as ours as to how it will appear (and as to whether people partake or not).

Archived