IGNORED

IMPORTANT - South Stand Display vs Cardiff

James

2 minutes ago, James_ said:

Frustrating to say the least, as although it was the money kindly raised from your/our pockets to fund this display (as well as the numerous hours spent setting up). We now have no control over the layout of the cards.

Your guess is as good as ours as to how it will appear (and as to whether people partake or not).

Who made the decision to nause it up?

Earlier posts suggested the club were in approval.

7 minutes ago, James_ said:

Frustrating to say the least, as although it was the money kindly raised from your/our pockets to fund this display (as well as the numerous hours spent setting up). We now have no control over the layout of the cards.

Your guess is as good as ours as to how it will appear (and as to whether people partake or not).

The club should refund the entire cost. 

So if there are any Welsh flags in the away end, am I allowed to go 'bleating' to the authorities about their antagonistic behaviour?

Or should I just write it off like any sensible human and think, Well... they are Welsh and that is their national flag so it cones as no surprise they want to display it. Fair enough.

1 minute ago, RedRaw said:

At a time we wanted to create a siege mentality after the Bailey Wright fiasco, the club appear to have shot themselves in the foot again.....no doubt bowing down to SAG pressure

Pathetic mate. I’d like to know who made the decision and more importantly their rationale for doing it 

Absolutely unbelievable. Im seething about this, for some reason. The thought of some f*cking idiot ruining our support for the team, for our country, and wasting people's hard earned is absolutely astonishing. An amazing effort, to get behind the team, and create an intense atmosphere has just been turned into making us look like a laughing stock (Croatian flag, messing the cards up... Wtf?!) 

This sort of thing comes from the top, and it's that which I hate the most. It's the reason I, along with so many others, envy European football, for their atmosphere, their displays etc. We can't even show our own f*cking flag as it's deemed antagonistic?! Sorry, but that's the whole point. Get under the opponents skin, throw them off their game plan, and ultimately, use home advantage ffs to try and get the 3 points needed. 

This is so bloody soft it's unreal, and pissed me right off. 

17 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Steward just said no English flags to be waved in the stand, and they will take them off people,

Hopefully it's just one guy going over the top or could see this causing trouble

Can you advise said Stewards number?

I do want to hear from the club regarding this. I don't want this to be swept under the carpet. Regardless of the result, whatever explanation the club give, it won't go down well with me, as there's no excuse for this in my opinion. 

Scots, Irish and Welsh are all proud of their country. It's this sorta shit, that makes me not proud of mine. 

The club charge a fortune for category A matches, and want us to get behind the team, yet they tie our hands behind our backs. We try and do something constructive, something that'll get everyone going, us and them. Isn't offensive, but helps create atmosphere, and then an hour before kick off, a load of stewards go in and mess it all up. Unforgivable. Against our local rivals aswell. I just can't understand it. 

They gonna ban us singing the national anthem next? All chants are done to get behind the team, and get under the opposition skin. As long as it's not too far past the line (and there IS a line imo) then it's fine. Waving a flag, or having placards is soft.... For that to then be 'banned' is mind boggling, and insanely frustrating. That's one way to rile your own fans... Brilliant. Well done. Ffs. 

Archived