IGNORED

IMPORTANT - South Stand Display vs Cardiff

James

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

The secretive SAG group are basically an unelected unaccountable quango made up of local ‘experts’ in health and safety. 

Thanks. Heard it mentioned numerous times but never really knew how it’s made up

Not Club employees then or with any representative from ou fan base?

Does every club have one?

4 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Thanks. Heard it mentioned numerous times but never really knew how it’s made up

Not Club employees then or with any representative from ou fan base?

Does every club have one?

I believe they are mostly, if not all, from outside the club. It’s possible the likes of David Storr have been involved at the very least as Club representatives.

No fan representatives though and they make themselves very difficult to contact and gain access to minutes. 

• Admin

Can someone at the club decide if they want active supporters or not please?

Yesterday texts and tweets were flying about encouraging us to take on the FA over this Bailey Wright injustice. 

Today, I understand Jnr and Dave Storr decide to mess up a display fans had spent 5 hours of their free time creating. 

1 step forward, 2 steps back. 

It would be interesting to ask the Cardiff fans who regularly post on here what they would have thought about a cross of St George (and what they thought about the Croatian flag)........ Oh hang on a minute. They lost. I forgot they only show on here when they've beaten us,

My understanding is that the fans paid for the card, and it was at considerable expense, and this was manipulated into a display more acceptable by the club. I think this is quite insulting. Who usually pays for these sort of displays, e.g. The Leicester Poppy one? I think the club have handled this badly and should offer compensation to the fans group who after all spent their money and couldn't do what they intended, which wasn't unreasonable anyway. The club got a 'nice' display and didn't pay a penny. And that's wrong in my book.

16 minutes ago, Keyardiv said:

Give us a chance, just got back.

I wouldn't have been bothered about the St. George's Cross display, we get fans mostly singing England songs every week at CCS. No big deal. 

Unfortunately it looked a mess from where I was which is a shame for those who put the effort into preparing it.

Thanks for coming on. I didn't think for one minute it would cause any real offence or bother when  I was helping set it up last night - otherwise I wouldn't have got involved.  I only did a couple of hours - but one poor lad put in over 7 hours - It was a LOT of work.

11 minutes ago, South Somerset Red said:

Think the club should pay these chaps for the money they've wasted. Absolute disgrace. Why is this country so nervous about expressing its nationality.

Couldn’t risk 3000 Cardiff fans Causing a riot when they were so enraged about seeing an England flag in England. Can’t blame the club. credit to them 

Proper cardiff would have seen it properly. Not provocative at all because we know how many welsh died and still do for the UK

Some might have acted like cocks though. It demonstrates that maybe the ultra type displays should interest the club to the extent that it is aware of everything proposed and have a protocol in place. Not knocking the club but such a shame.

9 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Couldn’t risk 3000 Cardiff fans Causing a riot when they were so enraged about seeing an England flag in England. Can’t blame the club. credit to them 

They passed at least one getting to the fking game - "welcome to England". Im not even a patriot, but how dare anyone decide the English flag is inflammatory. 

4 minutes ago, 29AR said:

They passed at least one getting to the fking game - "welcome to England". Im not even a patriot, but how dare anyone decide the English flag is inflammatory. 

No doubt a few coaches got off to do the sign over. we can’t go round taking the p*ss like that putting signs up, what do we think we are. 

3 minutes ago, Keyardiv said:

Let's be clear though, there was never any danger of Cardiff fans disrespecting the silence. Wales has had close links to the armed services for a few hundred years now and has I believe contributed above its weight per capita, certainly to the army.

Yes mate no doubt about that. A shame that the rug was pulled as im sure cardiff would recognise the cross like we would the dragon at a time like that

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

Yes mate no doubt about that. A shame that the rug was pulled as im sure cardiff would recognise the cross like we would the dragon at a time like that

It's as stupid and thoughtless as FIFA banning the poppy. 

The thing that shits me the most is that someone

A nameless, faceless someone, just decided to do this.

Because they could.

And used people the club are paying (stewards) to do the dirty work whilst hiding away.

This festering unaccountable underbelly seeps throughout the UK, deciding what people can do, when they can do it and never answer to anyone.

Bristol Sport need to get the person responsible to publically explain their actions - their name, face and position.

The silence was to be respected for all UK servicemen, the cards up later.

An English Flag, in England.

Banned by a faceless, nameless coward.

And the EU wonder why nationalism is increasing. Because of pointless, insulting actions like this, with no-one to be held to account.

A disgrace.

A total disgrace.

41 minutes ago, SX227 said:

The thing that shits me the most is that someone

A nameless, faceless someone, just decided to do this.

Because they could.

And used people the club are paying (stewards) to do the dirty work whilst hiding away.

This festering unaccountable underbelly seeps throughout the UK, deciding what people can do, when they can do it and never answer to anyone.

Bristol Sport need to get the person responsible to publically explain their actions - their name, face and position.

The silence was to be respected for all UK servicemen, the cards up later.

An English Flag, in England.

Banned by a faceless, nameless coward.

And the EU wonder why nationalism is increasing. Because of pointless, insulting actions like this, with no-one to be held to account.

A disgrace.

A total disgrace.

Exactly. The silence from the club is deafening.

Club employees with OTIB accounts have been reading this thread and not one explanation has been offered. 

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly. The silence from the club is deafening.

Club employees with OTIB accounts have been reading this thread and not one explanation has been offered. 

They're probably all hiding behind one person.

Will that person be willing to come out and explain his reasoning, or will it be a breif patronising Bristol Sport release?

If anything!

13 minutes ago, 42nite said:

They're probably all hiding behind one person.

Will that person be willing to come out and explain his reasoning, or will it be a breif patronising Bristol Sport release?

If anything!

Will they BOLL@CKS. 

Archived