IGNORED

IMPORTANT - South Stand Display vs Cardiff

James

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Is there an actual route we can go down to get an answer?

Apart from tagging on this topic, tweeting etc there's not that much.. could try emailing I suppose

mark.kelly@bristol-sport.co.uk

jon.lansdown@bcfc.co.uk

supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk

adam.baker@bcfc.co.uk

I assume it's dave.storr@bristol-sport.co.uk

On the website they also list this as the number to reach Adam Baker 0117 963 0658 but email/here would be better so everyone can read the response in writing.

Not much we can do to get an immediate answer other than that. I would suggest perhaps putting the question directly in the QnA thread on here too.. although I notice Mark has ignored a few recently. Probably worth alerting Twentyman, Ali Durden and even Gregor McGregor. The former two in particular would definitely try and get an answer if they had the chance.

No shock to see @Mkelly and other club officials hiding from the issue. Pathetic. He didn't ever respond to my reply on the ridiculously over the top stewarding situation vs Leeds at home the other week either, because I made him look a bit silly, and showed him up to be an outright liar. (See Q&A section).

If you had any involvement in this Mark, could you and any other individuals involved please kindly remove yourself from our football club. Thanks.

5 hours ago, Akira said:

@JulieH are you able to confirm this wasn't a police issue, and was a decision done by the club, not yourselves?

Very much would like someone to try and explain this, as I think it's unforgivable. Undoing lots of people's hard work, time, effort and money...what a joke. 

Such a shame, because it's a great result, and to some, it might be seen as a 'ah well, sod it, we got the three points' but you have to look at the bigger picture here. 

Nope , was a club decision.

19 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

No shock to see @Mkelly and other club officials hiding from the issue. Pathetic. He didn't ever respond to my reply on the ridiculously over the top stewarding situation vs Leeds at home the other week either, because I made him look a bit silly, and showed him up to be an outright liar. (See Q&A section).

If you had any involvement in this Mark, could you and any other individuals involved please kindly remove yourself from our football club. Thanks.

Mark Kelly is actually very supportive when it comes to working with us (as is Julie).

This was a decision was made between Dave Storr and Jon Lansdown from what we understand.

Immensely disappointed that this occurred especially considering the hard work put in. I've always enjoyed the rivalry that comes with two teams from different nations. We are English and it's something I believe we should be proud of. It does seem that we as a nation are not able to celebrate our nationality without being labelled as 'racist'. I'm sure that if a Scottish team, for example decided to create a Saltire across their stands it would be allowed. 

Maybe we should all turn up next game in England shirts with our England flags held proudly aloft...!

4 minutes ago, Raging_Robin said:

Really? Is it worth getting this wound up about a card display? 

I agree it's annoying and wrong, but come on... 

Did the club know all along it was a St George's cross? If they didn't, then  I don't think people can kick off too much. 

Is a St. George’s Cross really that offensive?

surely if it was, the police would say something?

5 minutes ago, Raging_Robin said:

Did the club know all along it was a St George's cross? If they didn't, then  I don't think people can kick off too much. 

Yes Tim, the club and police knew until the 11th hour when someone with considerable influence did a U-turn after our fans had spent time and money arranging the display.

People are quite right to be angry about this, the arrogance shown is astonishing.

41 minutes ago, CIDER NOT CIDRE said:

Maybe we should all turn up next game in England shirts with our England flags held proudly aloft...!

Brilliant idea. Maybe go one step further and encourage shirts of all nations, even the Welsh! Show we are open and acceptable to all, but want the same respect back.

1 hour ago, James_ said:

Mark Kelly is actually very supportive when it comes to working with us (as is Julie).

This was a decision was made between Dave Storr and Jon Lansdown from what we understand.

Then on this occasion I offer my apologies to Mark. I'd still like to hear his views on the situation as a club official who is generally involved in decision making such as this.

Assuming what you've now said is true, how disappointing from Jon, wouldn't have expected something so utterly pathetic from him. 

2 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

When you think about it, the stadium has Bristol, and Bristol City emblazoned in the seats. How is that any different to an England flag when it comes to antagonising the Cardiff fans. I presume the seats will be removed and replaced with all red ones next week?

Red! Are you trying to start a riot?

So we are not allowed to be English in England but the Cardiff fans can display their flags and sing their national Anthem (with great passion I might add ) In our country. The politically correct tree huggers have truly taken over the asylum!! PS. Well done for the card effort lads.

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's disgraceful that there's been radio silence from club officials on here and Twitter.

Someone from the club has to front up and communicate. This won't just go away if they bury their heads in the sand.

Sure, there'll rightly be tricky questions but unfortunately that's the nature of working in a customer-centric business and making decisions that inconvenience and piss off those customers.

This situation requires the SLO to communicate. Our Club Charter states..

One or both need to be on hand to offer an explanation and initiate dialogue about this.

This interview from the Football Supporters Federation about Supporter Liaison Officers and how the position should work ideally is interesting.. clearly not something that's happening happening here.

A club charter? ******* hell. That shows how much of a business this has become and how far away it is from being a football club.

Making Bristol Proud? ******* nonsense yet again.

You can come to a Lansdown Business Breakfast, buy insurance or even energy - and don’t forget to quote BCFC. Mark ******* Ashton will issue lengthy press releases about injustice from the FA.

You’ll even get calls asking you to plough more money into the club.

And then some clown presumably allows this to happen only to then have a change of heart.

I’m guessing Lansdown wasn’t the brains behind HL, or he’s now employing complete and utter idiots.

1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

Jon Lansdown involved in a **** up... Who'd have thought it...

Let's add it to the long list of the things this man has proved himself absolutely ******* incapable at...

What an absolute cock.

And to think the future of our club will eventually be in this clown’s hands.

Jesus Christ.

8 minutes ago, marmite said:

So we are not allowed to be English in England but the Cardiff fans can display their flags and sing their national Anthem (with great passion I might add ) In our country. The politically correct tree huggers have truly taken over the asylum!! PS. Well done for the card effort lads.

And not only at football/rugby matches. I was in Cardiff back in the summer to see Coldplay (3 Englishman and a Scot). Near the end of the concert the Welsh National anthem was sung. The Welsh natrually loved it, I didn't but could see why they did. Rousing and patriotic. I respected the fact I was in Wales and stood in silence, it didn't hurt me and I certainly didn't feel the need to protest or whack anyone. I don't think the Welsh would have yesterday if they saw the England flag.

49 minutes ago, Raging_Robin said:

The bloke is an idiot. We don't see eye to eye and haven't for many years.

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Our Club Charter states

From the Charter, in case anyone wants to use this.

COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE

1. Supporter complaint to the football club

2. If the complaint is satisfactorily resolved by the club, then no further action is necessary.

3. If the club is not able to resolve the issue, the complainant should contact the Independent Football Ombudsman

Independent Football Ombudsman

Suite 49, 57 Great George Street
Leeds LS1 3AJ

Email: contact@theifo.co.uk
Telephone: 0800 588 4066

8 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

A club charter? ******* hell. That shows how much of a business this has become and how far away it is from being a football club.

Making Bristol Proud? ******* nonsense yet again.

You can come to a Lansdown Business Breakfast, buy insurance or even energy - and don’t forget to quote BCFC. Mark ******* Ashton will issue lengthy press releases about injustice from the FA.

You’ll even get calls asking you to plough more money into the club.

And then some clown presumably allows this to happen only to then have a change of heart.

I’m guessing Lansdown wasn’t the brains behind HL, or he’s now employing complete and utter idiots.

Ive said it before, I'll say it again. we are but WALKING WALLETS to Bristol Sport.  We are no longer supporters.  We are ( allegedly ) customers. Even as customers though we are treated as idiots.  Yesterday summed this up for me.....right from the start with breakfast issues down to the St Georges flag issue and other annoying things that happened regards pathetic stewarding etc etc. You will have probably seen things..... Bristol City Football Club as I once knew it is sadly no more. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

These may help explain the lack of response so far...

Here and And Here  And this as well.

Interesting but doesn't really apply here.

Football is a unique blend of business and passion. Strategies that apply for, say, Hargreaves Lansdown won't apply for Bristol City.

The main reason is because we know the people who should be providing the response. Mark, Adam and Jon are all people fans on this board are familiar with. It's not a faceless corporation that gives a press-release. We know exactly how to contact these people, lots of us would recognise them if we saw them in person.

Sadly I think a more likely reason for the silence is because they haven't decided on the party line yet. I imagine they'll issue something tomorrow - and unfortunately I think it'll be a pathetically poor and inadequate response.

The correct response would be an apology. Simple admittance that they got it wrong, assurances that the fans will be reimbursed and that the club will improve on dialogue with similar issues in the future.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interesting but doesn't really apply here.

Football is a unique blend of business and passion. Strategies that apply for, say, Hargreaves Lansdown won't apply for Bristol City.

The main reason is because we know the people who should be providing the response. Mark, Adam and Jon are all people fans on this board are familiar with. It's not a faceless corporation that gives a press-release. We know exactly how to contact these people, lots of us would recognise them if we saw them in person.

Sadly I think a more likely reason for the silence is because they haven't decided on the party line yet. I imagine they'll issue something tomorrow - and unfortunately I think it'll be a pathetically poor and inadequate response.

The correct response would be an apology. Simple admittance that they got it wrong, assurances that the fans will be reimbursed and that the club will improve on dialogue with similar issues in the future.

I know that and you know that.

Do the club know this though! Especially the Bristol Sport lot?

I see both possibilities here- i think they could hiding a bit, we'll see- remember past stories, they said little on that. No statement (if one was even needed) on Henbury Gas e.g. Or they could well be waiting to make a statement.

Agreed on your last line, undoubtedly that will be the ideal response.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I know that and you know that.

Do the club know this though! Especially the Bristol Sport lot?

I see both possibilities here- i think they could hiding a bit, we'll see- remember past stories, they said little on that. No statement (if one was even needed) on Henbury Gas e.g. Or they could well be waiting to make a statement.

Agreed on your last line, undoubtedly that will be the ideal response.

I remember the last time there was a very similar issue - 'Ultra Flag-gate' they handled it poorly and it got a bit out of hand.

I predict by this time tomorrow either Mark or Adam will have come on here to issue a carefully prepared response and it won't go down well and sadly they'll be the ones who take the brunt of it when it wasn't their decision.

I remember the last time there was a very similar issue - 'Ultra Flag-gate' they handled it poorly and it got a bit out of hand.

I predict by this time tomorrow either Mark or Adam will have come on here to issue a carefully prepared response and it won't go down well and sadly they'll be the ones who take the brunt of it when it wasn't their decision.

Thinking about it more, I don't get why the decision was made at all.

They did handle it poorly indeed. Let's see about tomorrow by close of play...they are surely preparing their statement, maybe the silence part is buying time.

Agreed, Mark or Adam don't deserve to take the flak.

I myself spent closer to 7 hours in AG on Friday, arriving at 12pm, setting up for the display. In those hours, I had a decent length chat to the Head of Stadium Security and a Groundsman, niether questioned anything about the display’s nature.

As we had only the upper right section of the display to complete, a security guard approached us saying Dave Storr was unhappy. We contacted Storr, through @Dollymarie, and were told that, as long as A+S police were okay with the St. George’s Cross, he was. We contacted @JulieH who agreed to the display, so long as it wasn’t held up in the minute silence. We continued to finish the display before we were contacted by Julie, saying Storr had said no to the display, full stop. In fact, we heard no official word from Dave Storr, until we contacted him ourselves. He went on to say that he had 200 stewards on stand-by to rip it down and that, he didn’t care about the club, only safety. Storr also refused to put this into writing, clearly fearing the backlash.

Then on Saturday morning we learned Storr would order stewards - who are paid to ensure the safety of fans - to rearrange the display.

From photos I then learned the club removed all card from S20, to suit the presumed desires of Corporate guests seated in the block.

I, personally, am more than happy to spend hours setting up our displays, however I am obviously extremely annoyed. I just feel sorry for all the fans that wished to be involved and that donated to us.

Many thanks for the support and hopefully this will not deter us too much.

Forza Eastenders. Section82

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thinking about it more, I don't get why the decision was made at all.

They did handle it poorly indeed. Let's see about tomorrow by close of play...they are surely preparing their statement, maybe the silence part is buying time.

Agreed, Mark or Adam don't deserve to take the flak.

I think it goes a bit deeper than anything to do with not offending Cardiff fans or the minutes silence personally..

Very interested to see how they respond - too many people are aware of it for them not to and I think by this time tomorrow we'll have something.

Or hopefully mark or Adam might be worried about bigger and better things like ' man utd ticket info'!!

Possible that club handled badly but I'm not really sure this is crime of the century ! 

Put it into perspective ?

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

Or hopefully mark or Adam might be worried about bigger and better things like ' man utd ticket info'!!

Possible that club handled badly but I'm not really sure this is crime of the century ! 

And your perspective is that the most important thing is ticketing as we’re playing a Manc Club? 

Just now, Spoons said:

I'm sure the club are capable of providing ticket info whilst also responding about this. 

I've got it in perspective but It's pretty bad Spoons. It's a total disregard to a group of supporters who gave up time and raised funds for a display that others could get involved with. 

It's the principle of it that's particularly poor - ignorance. You can guarantee it won't be those that made the decision that will take the flak - that's also poor.

Archived