IGNORED

IMPORTANT - South Stand Display vs Cardiff

James

21 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

This is frankly bollocks.

To me it shows the contempt that Bristol Sport has towards Bristol City and the loyal fans who have supported their club through thick and thin, and at times when the concept of #makingbristolproud hadn’t entered anyone’s mind.

Bristol City, Bristol Rugby and any other sport that falls within the auspices of Bristol Sport is simply a means to an end.

If it wasn’t sport then it could have been any other commodity or means of entertainment that encourages people to spend money to participate or spectate something, and whilst doing so spend more money.

Bristol Sport, the Lansdowns or any other immediate members of its Senior Management Team don’t give two shits about the sport or it’s supporters. As long as we attend and spend money they’ll be there.

When there are tough choices to be made they’ll be gone. Or taking ages to explain their actions.

Funny that MA can release a press release within minutes about Bailey Wright but it takes days to respond to a heated debate about pieces of cardboard.

Much talk of “making AG a fortress” and thanking or doing it for the fans. Everyman and his dog - or grandson in his ear defenders will be humble and walk around the pitch when we do well. 

Need to take the rough with the smooth gentlemen. 

sorry that is absolute horse shit

23 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

sorry that is absolute horse shit

Not all supporters no - but lansdown made it quite clear in the past he wasn't keen on the eastend - now s82 seems to be the same group of fans with the same sort of ideas I assume this is still the case. Clearly he does care about the club & supporters but seems to prefer certain types of supporters to be in his stadium

12 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Only the bit you’ve highlighted? What about the rest?

Where were the Lansdowns in the past? Before there was a sniff of success?

what like last season in the middle of our bad run when he came out and said the buck stops with him?, and the constant support for lee or where he said relegation was not an option?,

If lansdowns didn't care about the club sport or fans then why is he wasting his money?, why not ell it to the venkys or the oystans 

As for the eastend comment above, yes he wasn't keen but he still got it reopened after much badgering from the fan base (proof he listens)

• SC&T Board Members
24 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

what like last season in the middle of our bad run when he came out and said the buck stops with him?, and the constant support for lee or where he said relegation was not an option?,

If lansdowns didn't care about the club sport or fans then why is he wasting his money?, why not ell it to the venkys or the oystans 

As for the eastend comment above, yes he wasn't keen but he still got it reopened after much badgering from the fan base (proof he listens)

It should also be noted that in hindsight SL said on the pitch at the end of one season that the decision he was proudest of during his time as chairman was his decision to re-open the East End to home fans. He clearly valued the passion and vibrancy that the East Enders were contributing at that time.

I have heard no public statement since then from either him or Jon to indicate that they are any less appreciative of the contribution to the matchday atmosphere made now by S82.

I said on a previous post that I doubt the board were unanimous in the decision to stop the display. I would go as far as to say that I bet some of them didn't even have a say about it. SL was probably another who looked at the display and said, as the Cardiff fans  did, "what the f*#king hell was that".

1 hour ago, Can't stand me now said:

- but lansdown made it quite clear in the past he wasn't keen on the eastend - now s82 seems to be the same group of fans with the same sort of ideas I assume this is still the case.

Its quite different and s82 is very different people except one or two. People got older disillusioned with it and to be honest it was clear the effort was going nowhere. People back in 2006 would have no idea what a singing section was and would have no enthusiasm for it.

1 hour ago, Blagdon red said:

It should also be noted that in hindsight SL said on the pitch at the end of one season that the decision he was proudest of during his time as chairman was his decision to re-open the East End to home fans. He clearly valued the passion and vibrancy that the East Enders were contributing at that time.

I have heard no public statement since then from either him or Jon to indicate that they are any less appreciative of the contribution to the matchday atmosphere made now by S82.

I think the fines they've had to pay for the pyro's may have something to do with that, :/ 

It's things like this (broken record) why its essential for the dialog and a full time SLO,

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Thing is he isn’t wasting his money. He’s investing it. Against assets that grow in value by the day.

Look at it like The Mall. Or another property based asset. He needs to have the asset as full as possible and maximise foot fall and with that revenue.

Why else would he bring BCFC and the Rugby club under one stadium? No longer in use every other weekend. Now every weekend.

Or do you think he and they do it for “the fans?”

Reckon he ever stood behind the goal with rain lashing in his face eating a partially warm pie when there was a better investment opportunity? Did he bollocks.

And it that respect he is no different to many others who now see sport in general and football specifically as a brand and an opportunity to make money or bask in their own glory.

I ******* hate it.

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's interesting - Scott Murray cupping his ear at Ninnian Park is surely far more provocative than a St. George Cross.

I'm surprised in hindsight that Cardiff let us fly the Murray surfer before at the Cardiff City Stadium.

4338d07e3498ae480a76a430112d139c.jpg

Can we get this out on 20th Dec?

I used to have this as the background on my computer at work.... The amount of Mancs who genuinely lost their shit about the fact I had a "Suarez " background was unbelievable.

If I was the owner of an organisation, might be querying why a Vice-Chairman was involved in micro-decision making myself. 

Is there any evidence which suggests it was Jon's decision? If not, the tweet might be a bit worrying for the actual decision maker!

Anyhow, as previously posted, right decision, poor process. 

33 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

A message?

A piss-take?

A bit salty?

Oh dear.. not sure what he's trying to do here.. good of him to annoy the fans further when it's the likes of Adam and Mark who have to take the brunt of it whilst he stays out of the firing line.

He's badly misjudged this if he thinks it's appropriate to make a 'joke'

37 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

A message?

A piss-take?

A bit salty?

Maybe he has heard about what happened and is not happy with the stunt the club has played on its own fans and he has posted this as a show of support..? There's a much more obvious way to support us though. 

Just being we all slate him..

19 hours ago, Mkelly said:

Dear all

The statement in the Bristol Post was an official response to a question from the BP,  it does however, set the background to the events.    I will stress however, that the decision is not based on the flag but the context in what was presented at the time.   If as before, Ashton Gate were made aware of the theme of the display we would have had more time to consider, discuss and untimely make a decision with S82 and avoid any waste of time or money. 

It is the duty of myself,  who is the main safety certificate holder to make a judgement based on advice on risk aversion.  We had 20k fans in the stadium on Saturday, the game was identified as a high risk game.  There are many decisions made on a game to game basis that totally go under the radar, this one clearly was not going to and the operations team and myself have to accept it.   The decision was also not made in isolation, the police, the EFL and the safety officer from Cardiff were all consulted on Friday evening and agreed it to be the right decision. 

The risk of me having further dialogue on this topic in this forum is that sentiment is high and clearly opinions are strong.    For this reason, I don't see any benefit in getting into further debate on this forum.  I have read the comments.

Going forward,  I am and have been in contact with members of S82 and will be meeting soon to thrash out how both sides can move on from this.  To date, we have worked closely with S82 in enhancing this corner and the appetite remains to do this in a safe manner.   

I have no problem in organising a meeting through the Supporters Club and Trust @Blagdon red where myself and my team can explain the mitigation that stadiums have to plan risk aversion and at the same time, how stadiums can be accountable.   I also have no problem in illustrating how this particular decision came about.   I will ask the SC&T to arrange this if felt it would be helpful.

Mark  

Of course it was based on the flag, or why else were the same cards in a different pattern allowed?

"Risk aversion" how did it avoid a risk by having the same cards but in a different pattern? the only possible answer would be; the original pattern, might have upset those sensitive folk from over the river; but as others have said running the Scott video would not have I suppose.

There is a risk in what ever you do we take a risk in driving, crossing the road....H & S, Risk assessment reaches new heights every day...... shame they didn't suss out the height fences needed to be to stop, cans, bottles and coins being lobbed over.

How some folk ever manage to leave there houses, I just don't know......but remember there is also risk in staying in......o.m.g what to do. :w00t:  stay safe u all.

Archived