IGNORED

Cricket Club parking

E.J.Thribb

My daughter has come up from Taunton for todays game and parked in the cricket club.She has just phoned to say they are now charging £10 to park.Seems a bit steep to double the price.Think we'll use the train in future.On the plus side she found her City scarf she lost at the bottom end of the car park at the Palace game.

1 hour ago, burhou said:

My daughter has come up from Taunton for todays game and parked in the cricket club.She has just phoned to say they are now charging £10 to park.Seems a bit steep to double the price.Think we'll use the train in future.On the plus side she found her City scarf she lost at the bottom end of the car park at the Palace game.

A 100% increase is disgusting. Hopefully people boycott the place.

Greedy from the cricket club , my daughter rang to tell me , she asked is this because it’s a derby or something ? 

The guy had a bedminster hi viz on ‘ told her all the places charge a tenner.  And that was that.  I’m all for sports clubs making money , but to double the price , and no warning either. ? 

Hope people stay away now , looks like portway Park andvride for me from now on at only £4. 

Greedy sods.  

i have left a review on their facebook page, and they are claiming that if you park on the left hand side , that is owned by a private operator, the confusing thing for me is that the man who collects the money from me  wears a hi viz jacket , that has bedminster cricket club on it . 

if you would like to leave a review  on their facebook page , feel free , i get the impression they dont believe  me . 

i have no reson to fib !!

I believe it is owned by someone else - I think the CC sold it off and the nursery was built and the new owner fenced it off and stopped parking on it for a while.

I presume when he/she realised how much dosh they could make from it they decided to allow it again.

Robbing barstewards today though, no call for it. It`s PNE next on a Tuesday so no-one will park there that night if they can help it I hope.

Be up to £15 for the Manc game though I`ll be bound.

As secretary of the cricket club that 'Kivsy' refers to, I can confirm that Parking is £5 for ALL GAMES. This included last Saturday (Cardiff). The car park next to us (nursery entrance) is private land and they charged £10 on Saturday, as did the one on the roundabout at the end of the by-pass. BEDMINSTER CRICKET CLUB only charged £5. I responded to 'Kivsy' Facebook's post after his 1 star review, but he has some far failed to amend this. I can assure you you are wrong.

We are aware that the people on the gate of the 'other' car park have told people they are part of the cricket club in the past, but there is very little we can about this, and they are not.  Perhaps if you come into the bar (and but a very reasonably priced pint)  you could have asked us about the costs before you went online and slatted the cricket club, which you seem unwilling to admit you may have got wrong. I was at the ground on Saturday, and can assure the cost is £5 and will be the same for Many Utd. 

We have some very loyal customers who know what we charge as proven above and I thank them for their support. Sometimes we get full very quickly and we can only apologies that we cannot get everyone on our land all of the time. However, when the grass is wet we can only use the concrete, as we don't wish to damage our outfield....we are a cricket club first and foremost. 

I would of hoped the fence separating the land may have given away the fact that we are two separate car parks. They are a business and will charge what ever they feel people are willing to pay, much the same as BCFC will do for the Man Utd game; supply and demand will rule a business and allow them to charge what they wish.

fair play for coming on here and letting us know the score. my mate parked in the other car park and when questioned the 5 pound price rise they seemed to blame it on the cricet club and made it sound like your idea ( to stop them getting there ear bent) so again thanks for putting things stright..............

25 minutes ago, Bccsec said:

As secretary of the cricket club that 'Kivsy' refers to, I can confirm that Parking is £5 for ALL GAMES. This included last Saturday (Cardiff). The car park next to us (nursery entrance) is private land and they charged £10 on Saturday, as did the one on the roundabout at the end of the by-pass. BEDMINSTER CRICKET CLUB only charged £5. I responded to 'Kivsy' Facebook's post after his 1 star review, but he has some far failed to amend this. I can assure you you are wrong.

We are aware that the people on the gate of the 'other' car park have told people they are part of the cricket club in the past, but there is very little we can about this, and they are not.  Perhaps if you come into the bar (and but a very reasonably priced pint)  you could have asked us about the costs before you went online and slatted the cricket club, which you seem unwilling to admit you may have got wrong. I was at the ground on Saturday, and can assure the cost is £5 and will be the same for Many Utd. 

We have some very loyal customers who know what we charge as proven above and I thank them for their support. Sometimes we get full very quickly and we can only apologies that we cannot get everyone on our land all of the time. However, when the grass is wet we can only use the concrete, as we don't wish to damage our outfield....we are a cricket club first and foremost. 

I would of hoped the fence separating the land may have given away the fact that we are two separate car parks. They are a business and will charge what ever they feel people are willing to pay, much the same as BCFC will do for the Man Utd game; supply and demand will rule a business and allow them to charge what they wish.

Like I said on the day, i was there at 10.30 and paid my £5 as usual and seen next door had charged £10. If anyone wants to misn them they are directing it at the wrong patrons. The cricket club have always been reasonable to all fans both home and away alike 

3 hours ago, Bccsec said:

Thanks for pointing that out.  I was told by one of the stewards that it was owned by the cricket club and he was embarrassed that the price had been increased.  For the record I don't think I will be able to get to the cricket ground early enough to get a space but there is no way I will be paying £10.00 to park there, especially after having read the above.

I spoke to a friendly BCC steward who explained the full situation. Don't think I'll be using the adjoining £10 facility anytime soon.

Would be great if BCC just made it home fans only. 

Even greater, if City could get off their **** arses and bang the heads of the City Council, North Somerset and whatever private entierprise ***** that have a stake in the LA P&R and get that open for a fiver.. Only in Bristol would a massive purpose built car park lie empty in the vicinity of a football ground on a match day. Have a look at what happens at Sandy Park, Exeter FFS, its really not that difficult. 

That would be great but at the moment the park and ride car park is reduced by the portacabins and building materials taken up by building the metro.  The rest of the time its taken up by oap's who use the busses for free so there aren't any parking spaces left for anyone else who wants to use it!  

I remember when it was £3, doesn't seem so long ago.  Watching city is becoming an expensive day out for sure.  

I wonder though why the road parking was double lined up opposite the cricket ground?  I think its ok that the cricket club is keeping down to a £5 but why did the road parking get lined in the first place

20 hours ago, paulcityfan said:

I remember when it was £3, doesn't seem so long ago.  Watching city is becoming an expensive day out for sure.  

I wonder though why the road parking was double lined up opposite the cricket ground?  I think its ok that the cricket club is keeping down to a £5 but why did the road parking get lined in the first place

The same reason as the pointless Bower Ashton residents zone was set up - to inconvenience football/rugby fans as much as possible.

On 04/11/2017 at 17:12, kivsy said:

i have left a review on their facebook page, and they are claiming that if you park on the left hand side , that is owned by a private operator, the confusing thing for me is that the man who collects the money from me  wears a hi viz jacket , that has bedminster cricket club on it . 

if you would like to leave a review  on their facebook page , feel free , i get the impression they dont believe  me . 

i have no reson to fib !!

Fib.What a lovely word , niether a lie nor the truth 

I and my family have parked at the facilities aroun BCC for years. The Cricket club have been awesome for pre and post food and beverages and I have nothing to say but good things. 

So I and others are aware. If you are coming down the hill I usually turn in to the first entrance near to the pavilion. What entrance is BCC and what entrance belongs to the other lot?

Archived