IGNORED

Play offs

Selred

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Minimum play offs. Our sights should be firmly set on the top two.

Lets not put too much pressure of the team, I think  a pray off was always in everyone's mind if we were being ambitious, consider the company we're in.

But aye, we have tuned over 3 prem teams in the cup and done our rivals in today, it doesnt get much better, I dont know what will happen in Jan, the squad deserves reinforcements, it would be a crime to let all the hard work fall away becuase we had an injury crisis. We need cover up front now and if we are in the same position now as we are in Jan LJ will have the backing of the board and what a chance for a player to come in and help us up and become part of the legend.

We have to say we are realistic play off contenders, but not sure phrasing this like "minimum play-offs" is ideal. 

We have done absolutely brilliantly so far to get us to this position. Let's not then be furious and say the squad/manager have hugely failed if we end up finishing, say, 7th. In the grand scheme of things that would represent a succsssful season even if it is ultimately slightly disappointing.

8 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I get the sense that this team are a real close-knit bunch of lads who'll fight for each other - just like they were when we were champions of League One. You can't underestimate that.

I remember LJ and SL saying they have to sell the club to the players, sell the dream of what we can achieve and that seems to be evident on the pitch, you can tell they are all playing for each other 100% even the rotation back up players know their part is just as big. We have always been supporters who will give our full backing to players if they give 100% regardless of outright football skill, but we have skill and passion both right now.

Not felt so proud to support City in a long time as i do right now

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

Minimum play offs. Our sights should be firmly set on the top two.

Shouldn't fear anyone. This league is very open. Yes there are a lot of bigger name clubs than us but look at Bournemouth and Hudds. We are bigger than both those and should be having that mentality to push. We are up there so why not. 

Archived