IGNORED

Ratings

old_eastender

(where 6 a decent display)

Frankie - 6 - Not a lot of shots to save, but did what he had to do, no chance with goal.

Smith - 8 - Accomplished performance at RB, but missed in CM.

Flint - 8 - Rock at the back, and got the winner!

Baker - 5 - Not sure he was fully fit, gave away a few silly foul

Mags - 5 - Some poor defensive mistakes, including being responsible for their goal. However, got the assist with long throw for Flint's goal.

Brownhill - 7 - Busy bee as usual, some good link up play, at times tried to be a bit too clever.

Pack - 6 - OK, usual steady Pack performance

Reid - 6 - Not quite on it so much today, but played his part.

Djuric - 6 - Won quite a lot of flick-ons, but also tired and looked a bit leg weary come the end.

Bryan - 7 - Not in the game as much as I would have liked playing LM, but filled ibn at LB several times when Mags was out of position. Still looked quality.

COD - 9 - Very good outlet for us, great finish for 1st goal, won us lots of corners too.

SUBS:

Taylor - 5 - Took up some good positions but didn't keep possession for us well.

Woodrow - can't rate as can't remember him touching the ball after coming on in 82nd minute! 

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

Harsh on brownhill who was my joint MOTM with COD.  Also Djuric worth at least a 7. Used him a lot to build attacks. Very effective

I`ve said on another thread, Bamba was dead on his feet at the end. Milan had the better of him all day.

Like someone said to 20p, he needs to buy a lottery ticket as he`d won everything else today.

I thought Baker looked tired at half time and expected him go be replaced during second half but to his credit he recovered and put in a good second shift. Also thought Duric played well throughout and is looking a good option when fully fit. We have a squad now that can battle through when not all fully fit yet. If we can resist the bids that will come in January this could well be THE year. Well played today boys.(and manager).

Harsh on Baker who deserves at least a 6. Mags was definitely our worst defender and responsible for their equaliser. Djuric should be a 7. I would mark Pack down to a 5. Although his all around play was better than of late, he was very lucky to stay on the pitch. The foul on Bamba is a yellow card all day long. 

21 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Baker 5?! Bloke is immense. He put a tackle in 2nd half reminiscent of his loan spell. Absolute cruncher. 

Great defender. 

So true.

Probably 50% fit but played because we were so short.

Seemed to be limping in the first half but stayed out there and give his all.

Like Flint and Bailey Wright a proper warrior.

Frankie 6 not much to do other than a few good saves. But hurry f———-g up when you kick the f———g ball. 

Smith 7 lost possession a few times which could have been costly. But did well 

Flint 9 fantastic, passionate performance. A giant. What a header

Baker 9 carrying an injury but was immense.

Maggs 8 yes he should have put the ball in the stand but otherwise superb

Bryan 8 in and out of the game but brilliant when in

Brownhill 8 all action performance

Pack 7 he battled well and sprayed the ball about

Reid 7 took some stick but that run into their box in the 2nd half deserved a goal

Djuric 7 battled hard, won headers galore and nearly got on the end of some crosses

O’Dowda 9 this guy has found his top game

Taylor 6 did some running and worked hard

Woodrow as Taylor in the 2nd half ran like a sprinter to catch up Bamba who was unmarked

Great atmosphere, never dull, always something happening on the pitch, brilliant.     Oh yes, liked Johnson’s fist punch at the end. Well done that man.

Fantastic watching the reds now. Well done Mr Lansdown and well done Lee Johnson and his team.

Quite a few ratings off for me.

Baker probably 7, it was mentioned above he put in an absolutely crunching tackle at one point and is very good at the needle side of the game.

Brownhill arguably one of our best players, quick, strong, intelligent and still very young. This guy will go places.

Djuric was an absolute beast up front, won everything that was asked of him. Yes he was knackered, he's not fully fit and battering centre halves takes it out of you. 

Woodrow MOM. Unbelievable input. 

2 hours ago, WECANDO said:

Frankie 6 not much to do other than a few good saves. But hurry f———-g up when you kick the f———g ball. 

Smith 7 lost possession a few times which could have been costly. But did well 

Flint 9 fantastic, passionate performance. A giant. What a header

Baker 9 carrying an injury but was immense.

Maggs 8 yes he should have put the ball in the stand but otherwise superb

Bryan 8 in and out of the game but brilliant when in

Brownhill 8 all action performance

Pack 7 he battled well and sprayed the ball about

Reid 7 took some stick but that run into their box in the 2nd half deserved a goal

Djuric 7 battled hard, won headers galore and nearly got on the end of some crosses

O’Dowda 9 this guy has found his top game

Taylor 6 did some running and worked hard

Woodrow as Taylor in the 2nd half ran like a sprinter to catch up Bamba who was unmarked

Great atmosphere, never dull, always something happening on the pitch, brilliant.     Oh yes, liked Johnson’s fist punch at the end. Well done that man.

Fantastic watching the reds now. Well done Mr Lansdown and well done Lee Johnson and his team.

Mags 8? What gam were you watching, he was a 5 at best, weakest link in the team and what Johnson said about him last season is 100% spot on in hindsight

9 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Frankie - 6 - Not a lot of shots to save, but did what he had to do, no chance with goal.

Mags - 5 - Some poor defensive mistakes, including being responsible for their goal. However, got the assist with long throw for Flint's goal.

Brownhill - 7 - Busy bee as usual, some good link up play, at times tried to be a bit too clever.

Djuric - 6 - Won quite a lot of flick-ons, but also tired and looked a bit leg weary come the end.

Bryan - 7 - Not in the game as much as I would have liked playing LM, but filled ibn at LB several times when Mags was out of position. Still looked quality.

COD - 9 - Very good outlet for us, great finish for 1st goal, won us lots of corners too.

SUBS:

Taylor - 5 - Took up some good positions but didn't keep possession for us well.

Woodrow - can't rate as can't remember him touching the ball after coming on in 82nd minute! 

If I was being picky I'd change a couple, but only by a mark. One question.....

Is that for today, or since he's been at the club :whistle:

I don't have a problem with Woodrow, maybe not a top notch player, but a trier, and currently 5th choice. Did think the guy made a bad choice coming here, Burton is a slightly smaller Club, but he would have got much more game time there, which is what he really needs.

Also think Frankie gets a hard time with the ratings, perfectly good Keeper, and made some very crucial saves at important times.

20 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I thought Woodrow actually looked quite poor when he came on. Yes he was playing attacking midfield which is not his position. But at one point he had it on the break, when we were hanging on, and just needed him to keep hold of it, and he so easily got barged off the ball. Not very quick and quite weak. But then he did have a decent game against Derby, so lets wait and see. 

If a decent alternative came up, I'd send him back in a second. I have been unimpressed so far, I fully understand why we got him in but without injuries he'd be behind every other striker. In my opinion adds little to the squad part from numbers.

On 04/11/2017 at 14:07, old_eastender said:

SUBS:

Harsh on Brownhill was brilliant and Baker and Mags deserved a bit higher aswell.

From my seat in the lansdown, you could see Colin actively telling his players to target Mags. That for me says it all.

Throughout he was our weakest link. Baker and flint were continually shouting  at him and directing him. There's no way in this world you would have thought he was an international player based on that performance.

Archived