IGNORED

Lansdown Stand W15 Row 2 Racist

And Its Smith

Big dampener on the day being sat in front of a racist.  Awful language all game which isnt ideal around kids but I dont really mind it as it is a football match. The second it becomes racist I do have a problem.  Hope you get a ban and get some anger managment lessons.  

To turn on me when I confront you as well is very poor in front of my lad

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Big dampener on the day being sat in front of a racist.  Awful language all game which isnt ideal around kids but I dont really mind it as it is a football match. The second it becomes racist I do have a problem.  Hope you get a ban and get some anger managment lessons.  

Well done for confronting him, hope he is banned for life.

21 minutes ago, RedDave said:

You haven't said what was said,racism is awful without doubt but I heard more than 8000 singling out Welsh folk today or is that banter 

19 minutes ago, RedDave said:

surely it will be hard to ban him as its your word against his?

unless there are other people willing to report him

Well that is disgusting for sure and I hope it gets sorted.

From my point of view I think the term "white" is as every bit outdated as the term "black"

Sadly there are still a few small minded Neanderthals around. I saw appalling footage of Rangers fans aimed towards Scott Sinclair after he scored against them, truly bewildering.

28 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I have done. Hence saying I hope he is banned

If you managed to do this in good time before the end of the game, i hope they managed to get down there and gather evidence before kicking his sorry ass out for good. In fact, it is likely to be a criminal offence, so hopefully they passed it on to the old bill. The fact you had to move is also upsetting though understandable - if they are threatening genuine supporters (clearly something they aren't) the stewards/police should have been straight in.

11 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You haven't said what was said,racism is awful without doubt but I heard more than 8000 singling out Welsh folk today or is that banter 

Correct me if im wrong but the Welsh aren't a different 'race' are they? I think you'll find the vast majority of that away end were white caucasian just like the vast majority in our stands..

Think people get there wires crossed a bit when it comes to old racism..

2 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

If you managed to do this in good time before the end of the game, i hope they managed to get down there and gather evidence before kicking his sorry ass out for good. In fact, it is likely to be a criminal offence, so hopefully they passed it on to the old bill. The fact you had to move is also upsetting though understandable - if they are threatening genuine supporters (clearly something they aren't) the stewards/police should have been straight in.

It happened about one minute before the sending off. Went down to concourse to report to club official after elderly steward didn’t seem to want to know.  Not blaming him so much.  Two blokes were very aggressive and he was about 70.

34 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Fair play for standing up to the ***** Dave, if everyone did we would get rid of these awful relics from our ground that much quicker.

8 minutes ago, bris red said:

Correct me if im wrong but the Welsh aren't a different 'race' are they? I think you'll find the vast majority of that away end were white caucasian just like the vast majority in our stands..

Well it would technically be xenophobia...

36 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It happened about one minute before the sending off. Went down to concourse to report to club official after elderly steward didn’t seem to want to know.  Not blaming him so much.  Two blokes were very aggressive and he was about 70.

He should have been reporting it up the chain & seeing that it was dealt with, no dismissing it, but you did the right thing in the circumstances. Even if nothing has been done so far, they may be able to identify the person(s) though the ticket purchase details.  If they are willing to act like that in such a public place I dread to think what they are capable of when the spotlights off them. Anyway here's hoping @Mkelly or @Dave Storr have got something positive to add, and that you manage to have a good weekend.

56 minutes ago, bris red said:

Racism is not about just skin colour although people do fall into that trap,so you stand corrected 

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Poor from the steward. Stuff like that's what he's paid to sort out: if he doesn't like it he shouldn't do the job. Good on you for challenging it though.

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Racism is not about just skin colour although people do fall into that trap,so you stand corrected 

No it's not just skin colour, but generally the English and the Welsh would be considered the same race I'd guess. And I'm not sure how this is relevant, racism is disgusting wherever and whenever, it's not somehow excused or less abhorrent just because the Welsh and the English are chucking insults at each other.

3 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

Racism is unacceptable everywhere not just in AG, but can we ask OP what he heard?

You can ask yes.  Lets just say it was a colour followed by the worst word to use (other than Rovers) aimed at Feeney.

He nearly did it first half before so I knew it was coming at one point 

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That is strictly speaking not a proper way to refer to opposing club's fans. However it is nearer banter than racism with both sets of fans taking part. As the son of a Welshman and a supporter of Wales at football and rugby, I got some friendly banter from a few around me. Great win by City. That's Bristol City if anyone in doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Archived