IGNORED

Lansdown Stand W15 Row 2 Racist

And Its Smith

9 minutes ago, italian dave said:

No it's not just skin colour, but generally the English and the Welsh would be considered the same race I'd guess. And I'm not sure how this is relevant, racism is disgusting wherever and whenever, it's not somehow excused or less abhorrent just because the Welsh and the English are chucking insults at each other.

I said it was disgusting but people need to use racism in context and not pick and choose what is or isn't,because the English and Welsh are white they are considered the same race you said  oh dear :facepalm:

They weren’t thrown out. I was sat 3 rows behind you and saw you arguing with them. I didn’t hear what was said but notice you went and didn’t come back. 

About 5 mins before the end of the game 2 stewards came and sat in your seats and had a word with them. They then started shouting and swearing at the stewards at full time but nothing was done. They left the second the whistle went. One of the stewards got on the radio and was describing them to security box. Don’t know if anything else happened once they left. 

16 minutes ago, italian dave said:

No it's not just skin colour, but generally the English and the Welsh would be considered the same race I'd guess. And I'm not sure how this is relevant, racism is disgusting wherever and whenever, it's not somehow excused or less abhorrent just because the Welsh and the English are chucking insults at each other.

Yep, we're all members of the human race, Dave.

1 minute ago, Wilksi said:

They weren’t thrown out. I was sat 3 rows behind you and saw you arguing with them. I didn’t hear what was said but notice you went and didn’t come back. 

About 5 mins before the end of the game 2 stewards came and sat in your seats and had a word with them. They then started shouting and swearing at the stewards at full time but nothing was done. They left the second the whistle went. One of the stewards got on the radio and was describing them to security box. Don’t know if anything else happened once they left. 

So at least the stewards can report which seats they were in. Given the quality of the cctv in the ground too, the club should have no problem identifying them if they choose to (and they better had, otherwise banning the card display at the start of the game seems even more pointless if they let racists get away with it when reported by real fans)

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Bell ends everywhere you go Dave I’m afraid, not least at football matches. 

But great to see a thread full of unanimous condemnation for these idiots. Such neanderthals are thankfully a tiny minority that will hopefully soon die out altogether.

It does make me wonder if a footballer came out, whether the homophobia would rain down from the stands as people fear. My instinct is that it wouldn't these days, but perhaps I'm being naive.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Had to move seats as was two on one and I would have got decked!

Good for you for confronting racism. As they say.....for evil to succeed good men (and women) have to stay silent. Hope the club follow this up. If not we all need to put pressure on them to do so and make it clear to the morons that racism is never acceptable.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

But great to see a thread full of unanimous condemnation for these idiots. Such neanderthals are thankfully a tiny minority that will hopefully soon die out altogether.

It does make me wonder if a footballer came out, whether the homophobia would rain down from the stands as people fear. My instinct is that it wouldn't these days, but perhaps I'm being naive.

I'm sure if he went down easily and someone shouted get up you tart then there would be a thread started about it on here 

Good on you @RedDave for confronting them (at personal risk to yourself it seems) and if what others have said re. the stewards at the end hopefully they will be permanently excluded. It would be nice to know the outcome - not just for you but so others can see that if they have the courage to speak up then action will follow.

The club have my number if they need me and I will be contacting them if they dont contact me.  Glad to hear stewards were taking action.  Thankfully my 6 year old didnt hear the language but unfortunately he was shook up that he saw his (normally very laid back dad) in a shouting match and I had to convince him to go to South Stand rather than go home

17 minutes ago, RedDave said:

The club have my number if they need me and I will be contacting them if they dont contact me.  Glad to hear stewards were taking action.  Thankfully my 6 year old didnt hear the language but unfortunately he was shook up that he saw his (normally very laid back dad) in a shouting match and I had to convince him to go to South Stand rather than go home

Impressive to have the courage to stand up to the racist, especially when I take it nobody else in the area attempted to intervene.  If only as a collective we could all stand up together against the moronic reprobates who infect society.  Imagine if everybody had stood in unison, pointing at the racist and calling him out on it.

Quite often, we seem content to let such people continue their abusive / despicable behaviour.  I guess this is through the fear of what could happen - such as the racist becoming violent and attacking the accuser.  One big positive, in a stadium of over 21000 people, this uneducated idiot might have been the only lowlife to use such an offensive word.

23 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Impressive to have the courage to stand up to the racist, especially when I take it nobody else in the area attempted to intervene.  If only as a collective we could all stand up together against the moronic reprobates who infect society.  Imagine if everybody had stood in unison, pointing at the racist and calling him out on it.

Quite often, we seem content to let such people continue their abusive / despicable behaviour.  I guess this is through the fear of what could happen - such as the racist becoming violent and attacking the accuser.  One big positive, in a stadium of over 21000 people, this uneducated idiot might have been the only lowlife to use such an offensive word.

What we will never know is how many people have read this thread and thought 'snitch'

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

What we will never know is how many people have read this thread and thought 'snitch'

True, we'll never know, but I'd wager zero would be the answer.  Thinking about your response, this evening, the racist will no doubt consider the fact they were confronted and then reprimanded by the stewards, and might have second thoughts next time - unlikely I know - but possible nonetheless.

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

True, we'll never know, but I'd wager zero would be the answer.  Thinking about your response, this evening, the racist will no doubt consider the fact they were confronted and then reprimanded by the stewards, and might have second thoughts next time - unlikely I know - but possible nonetheless.

Pretty sure he was drunk so is probably asleep now!

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

Big dampener on the day being sat in front of a racist.  Awful language all game which isnt ideal around kids but I dont really mind it as it is a football match. The second it becomes racist I do have a problem.  Hope you get a ban and get some anger managment lessons.  

To turn on me when I confront you as well is very poor in front of my lad

Can you elaborate politely? Against the Welsh? If so, he's one of thousands of racists today I expect. 

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

Big dampener on the day being sat in front of a racist.  Awful language all game which isnt ideal around kids but I dont really mind it as it is a football match. The second it becomes racist I do have a problem.  Hope you get a ban and get some anger managment lessons.  

To turn on me when I confront you as well is very poor in front of my lad

Well done for confronting and reporting. 

Disgusting to hear racist language used from these pathetic excuses for humans. 

Terrible thing is I heard racism during the Leeds game and reported it the club also. Make sure you also contact the club and give the seat area so it’s an official complaint. 

One of the worst things for me is the response I got on here when I posted. People accusing me of making it up, hearing it incorrectly, taking things too seriously, being a Rovers fan, and lacking evidence. 

Clearly there are still racist ***** within the ground and we need to all shut them down together. 

2 minutes ago, Never give up said:

Well done for confronting and reporting. 

Disgusting to hear racist language used from these pathetic excuses for humans. 

Terrible thing is I heard racism during the Leeds game and supported it the club also. Make sure you also contact the club and give the seat area so it’s an official complaint. 

One of the worst things for me is the response I got on here when I posted. People accusing me of making it up, hearing it incorrectly, taking things too seriously, being a Rovers fan, and lacking evidence. 

Clearly there are still racist ***** within the ground and we need to all shut them down together. 

Why you supporting racist comments to the club

3 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You haven't said what was said,racism is awful without doubt but I heard more than 8000 singling out Welsh folk today or is that banter 

I heard over 3000 singled out the Welsh and calling them "sheep shaggers".  Disgraceful racism.  Or perhaps the Cardiff fans thought it was banter.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's not good, no doubt about it. If identified, the culprits certainly need banning.

On the other hand, it shows how far football has come that this is a major thread...the fact is a major thread shows how rare and unusual it is these days at football.

Good point,maybe this should be moved out of the football forum seeing it has nothing to do with football but society,mods move to non football section 

Fair Play Dave - I have often disagreed with you, but you set a great example to your son about what is right and what is wrong.

My only worry for you is if they have only been spoken to, they will know full well who reported them - and might not be too happy. You did say they were very aggressive.

For your own safety, might be worthwhile to check with the club - doing the right thing should not lead to you having your head kicked in after the next home game.

If they are still there, at the least, the club should get you a new couple of seats, otherwise people may think twice about confronting this terrible stuff, for fear of recriminations later.

Maybe one for @Mkelly?

Archived