IGNORED

Lansdown Stand W15 Row 2 Racist

And Its Smith

8 hours ago, Chivs said:

I heard over 3000 singled out the Welsh and calling them "sheep shaggers".  Disgraceful racism.  Or perhaps the Cardiff fans thought it was banter.

1 hour ago, the frampton balti said:

self parody . i heard that to ....on the other hand i cant reed and i cant right......

Maybe they liked my match day topic. After all it is supposed to be poking fun. We, as a nation, are a deferential lot. We pull each others legs chronic sometimes but that is what makes us who we are. Racism on the other hand should not be tolerated, of any kind. 

Disgusting. Hopefully @Mkelly won’t ignore this like he did when I reported the disgusting moron spitting at the Leeds keeper. 

Guess the club are more concerned with moving bits of coloured card around in case they offend anyone instead of making an example of absolute ***** who have no place in our stadium. 

18 hours ago, RedDave said:

Big dampener on the day being sat in front of a racist.  Awful language all game which isnt ideal around kids but I dont really mind it as it is a football match. The second it becomes racist I do have a problem.  Hope you get a ban and get some anger managment lessons.  

To turn on me when I confront you as well is very poor in front of my lad

Yes I agree with you regarding racist chants,but come on kids use more awful language nowadays behind parents backs,there not innocent, 

If it was bad, then critism and action may be deserved but isn't a lot of this sexism and racism business all a bit OTT.  A single word out of place and you are deemed racist, criticise a woman's driving and you are sexist, brush up against a female in a crowded bar and you have committed sexual assault, it's getting ridiculous.

At work, someone gets sacked or doesn't get promoted and it's apparently because they are black or female. 

I heared someone criticised the other day for referring to someone as coloured rather than black.  Is that really racist?

I'v happliy sat in bars with Irish people telling Irish jokes whilst they laughingly respond with English jokes (most of which are the same jokes by the way). Does that make us all racists?

I used to hapily tell mother in law jokes and always got on well with my mother in law. I suppose that's sexism nowadays.

For heavens sake, get over yourselves.

(Apologies if this incident was really bad though - I don't condone going too far).

10 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If it was bad, then critism and action may be deserved but isn't a lot of this sexism and racism business all a bit OTT.  A single word out of place and you are deemed racist, criticise a woman's driving and you are sexist, brush up against a female in a crowded bar and you have committed sexual assault, it's getting ridiculous.

At work, someone gets sacked or doesn't get promoted and it's apparently because they are black or female. 

I heared someone criticised the other day for referring to someone as coloured rather than black.  Is that really racist?

I'v happliy sat in bars with Irish people telling Irish jokes whilst they laughingly respond with English jokes (most of which are the same jokes by the way). Does that make us all racists?

I used to hapily tell mother in law jokes and always got on well with my mother in law. I suppose that's sexism nowadays.

(Apologies if this incident was really bad though - I don't condone going too far).

You think young children should have to listen to racism at a football match? Good on RD for taking action and hopefully this scumbag is banned for life.

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Regarding your reply, take it from someone who knows, sometimes its best to say nowt.

11 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Probably nothing worse than they are saying and hearing in the school playground though.

My son has just turned 7. He has close friends from Lebanon, France, Spain and Brazil. And that's just sleepy old Chippenham, not inner city London. The only label he uses for any of them is their name. The world has moved on and children have moved on with it. Keep up.

12 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I think it's the sheer volume of women that you brush up against that raises concern...

22 hours ago, Northern Red said:

It never fails to amaze me that, whenever this topic rears its head, you can guarantee there will be people attempting to deny, deflect and condone it.

Unbelievable isn’t it. It’s like people just don’t get it or the gravity of what’s been said. 

It’s not a word out of place, a comment misinterpreted, something similar to a joke your uncle Nobby made once and was light hearted at the time, it is a direct comment to someone about their race that has serious connotations of hatred and narrow mindedness. 

Kick it out! 

Obviously, I echo the other comments on here. You did well by confronting them, and by informing the club. I wish others in your section were as brave.

All I'll add is that if you feel the club aren't taking this as seriously as you'd like then I'd recommend sending a quick tweet to this thread to the Bristol Post or Bristol247, saying what happened. I know it seems like making a mountain out of a molehill, but when it comes to racist abuse in the stands there's only one way the club can/should treat this.

On 05/11/2017 at 09:56, Mr Popodopolous said:

From what I have read, it certainly sounds like the steward couldn't have ejected them both by himself just like that.

However, they definitely should have been ejected by the sound of things.

Doubtless there are proper processes for ejection in such cases.

You normally press the button and the seat flies up don't you?

23 hours ago, RedDave said:

You think kids hear racist language in the playground?  You are seriously out of touch

Let's not be naive, there's still plenty of racism in the UK, and playgrounds are going to be rife for it. But it doesn't excuse this at all

6 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

You normally press the button and the seat flies up don't you?

Let's not be naive, there's still plenty of racism in the UK, and playgrounds are going to be rife for it. But it doesn't excuse this at all

I don't believe racism is "rife" in playgrounds across the country.  There will inevitably be isolated incidents, but  @wendyredredrobin appeared to suggest it was the norm.  I don't think that's the case for one minute - thankfully.

On 11/5/2017 at 09:27, wendyredredrobin said:

Merry stories about jokes you share with Irish friends and your mother in law are incomparable. Remember, it is still within peoples life times that areas of public life were made volatile, hostile and truly toxic environments for  people due to the colour of their skin in this country. Anything that perpetuates such an atmosphere or sentiment today, however small, should be roundly condoned and extinguished by all, to ensure such environments don't creep back into our public spaces. 

On 04/11/2017 at 16:32, joe jordans teeth said:

I said it was disgusting but people need to use racism in context and not pick and choose what is or isn't,because the English and Welsh are white they are considered the same race you said  oh dear :facepalm:

Well what are the English and the Wesh then? A different race your saying?

Im baffled slightly to that really. Going off the 2011 United Kingdom census they were 51 million people classified as 'white British' in the UK including 4.8 million white Scottish and 2.8 million white Welsh. With that amount of people identifying as the same ethnicity in the UK and with both City and Cardiff having quite traditionally white british fanbases would you agree that the abuse being thrown between the fans is coming from people who probably identify as the same ..? Meaning using the word racism to identify Anti- English and Anti-Welsh songs is completely out of context and wrong? 

Im of mixed RACE myself actually and have been on the other end of true racism so i know how horrendous it can be and there is no place for it in any walk of life. It just annoys me when people hurl the word racsim around when its the wrong term to use in some cases..

On 04/11/2017 at 18:26, Chivs said:

I heard over 3000 singled out the Welsh and calling them "sheep shaggers".  Disgraceful racism.  Or perhaps the Cardiff fans thought it was banter.

They call that to us New Zealanders but I reply "depends on what Wellington boots you wear. " :facepalm:

Archived