IGNORED

Callum O'Dowda

SedRA

He is looking a steal for what we paid. When you look at the development of players over the summer: Brownhill, O Dowda, Reid, Bryan, even Taylor no-one can really call LJ's judgment in to question re playing Engval, Magnússon et al. He has shown he can improve players and spot their potential. You can't not trust him. His transfer business is looking quite remarkable too - huge potential gains on some these kids. 

2 minutes ago, RedSA said:

No thread on him?!

Boy became a man today. Showed skill, intent, passion, intelligence and fight today. 

Think we've got a hell of a player developing here. 

He did tbf,done the dirty work today as well which has been lacking. We have a lot of quality young players like brownhill who doesn't get the credit he deserves so I'm glad there is a thread about him as well.Its hard being a city fan right now because we have nothing to moan about 

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He really is coming good isn't he!

Very happy for him- last season he was in and out, struggling team- worked hard but didn't quite happen.

I actually tipped him to score today- down pub last night. City win, O'Dowda to score...

Wish I'd lumped on now!

Had a tenner on him on Tuesday annoyingly!

Been saying it since he arrived, probably the one I was most excited about after watching them all play. With his size and athleticism, he is a premier league player in the making. 

Looking back to Wigan on opening day last season and remembering Brownhill and O’Dowda from then until now is unreal. 14 months is not a lot of time and for them to be bonafide championship players now pushing premier league standard(imo) is a credit to LJ and the rest of the coaches as well as SL for sticking to this plan. I thought we’d reap the rewards this season with buying young but with adding the likes of Baker, Wright, Taylor and Djuric(who aren’t old themselves) to that we are exceeding what I thought we would be. Hope they keep it up!

Amazingly we have seen about 5 years of development in about 5 games.

Complaints of no end product, then 2 assists and a goal in 2 games.

Recent complaints that he could only play on the left, and today had their left back on toast and went outside on the right numerous times, delivering some quality deliveries on his right foot.

At this rate by the end of the season he will basically be Messi.

Massive potential. We are now seeing what happens when talent is given time and a run of games. I think you could probably say that about a few to be fair. But imo he is one who could go onto the next level. Playing with a swagger, but also not afraid to put a shift in. COYR 

Him, Brownhill and Reid have all become 'men' this season. As has Paterson.

Just shows 'buy raw talent' and given time to develop can work.

Has anyone mentioned that mazy run into the box Reid made and almost scored...Messiesque...brilliant stuff, all 3 are on fire.

Archived