IGNORED

Industrial estate away fans

forbespm

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I appreciate it's not the point you are making, but am curious how you know the ages of the two children involved @forbespm?

Because the lady posted on Facebook after the Leeds game showing her shattered windscreen and saying the age of her baby.

The 3 year old is a wild guess but I saw him Sat in a booster seat and its law .3 years and under you have to be in a booster seat.

29 minutes ago, forbespm said:

Because the lady posted on Facebook after the Leeds game showing her shattered windscreen and saying the age of her baby.

The 3 year old is a wild guess but I saw him Sat in a booster seat and its law .3 years and under you have to be in a booster seat.

You actually have to be in a booster seat until 12...but either way...still bang out of order however young the poor kid was.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Re: The Cardiff fans in Dolman.

Gobby...or naïve?

By which I mean...

OK so those who live in Bristol will know it's changing rapidly.

Unless those in area know for sure, could it have been student types or rugby fans or otherwise Cardiff fans who assume people can cheer for either side in either end.

I bang this drum periodically but as our success on the pitch grows, we attract new fans.

As this grows, combined with Bristol and how it's changing, we will see this more commonly IMO.

This is 2 out of 2 Saturday home games it's happened in now and I predict as we improve, as our profile increases this scenario will play out more so.

Wait for the Man Utd Circus to land - Said before could be fractious that night !

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I fear that game could have aggro too.

I reckoned, and maybe it's a bit high but a conservative estimate of 100 Man U glory fans dotted around home ends.

I would say that's on the low side.  What people have to remember, particularly for that match, is that on the whole they're there to watch the football.  There doesn't have to be trouble unless we want there to be.  If the neanderthal side doesn't come out from our lot if they score and the Manchester fans celebrate. then nothing happens.  It's very simple really. 

Sadly, in reality we know that won't be the case.  But it takes two parties to fight.  They probably won't be there for a scrap, but even if they are, if we don't rise to it then they don't get what they want.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I fear that game could have aggro too.

I reckoned, and maybe it's a bit high but a conservative estimate of 100 Man U glory fans dotted around home ends.

Absolutely.

Expected that a few SW based Man U will be in the home ends. It's how we deal with them that matters.

Will they bounce down the steps like the Leeds fan or chucked out at HT like Cardiff fans? 

Me personally, I'd say sit on your hands and shut up or be thrown out immediately - if you can't do the former - by stewards whether it's 2 mins, 45mins or 85mins.

3 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I would say that's on the low side.  What people have to remember, particularly for that match, is that on the whole they're there to watch the football.  There doesn't have to be trouble unless we want there to be.  If the neanderthal side doesn't come out from our lot if they score and the Manchester fans celebrate. then nothing happens.  It's very simple really. 

Sadly, in reality we know that won't be the case.  But it takes two parties to fight.  They probably won't be there for a scrap, but even if they are, if we don't rise to it then they don't get what they want.

In any well of life, if you go looking for trouble you will most definitely find it.

2 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I'll be honest though, in pretty much any home ends if you celebrate as an away fans when you score- it's going to lead to trouble.

For a game like this in particular, though- as I said at the time of the draw, each glory Man United fan takes a seat away from what's sure to be a sellout of a City fan who may never have seen a game like that before.

You factor a and b in, together and it's going to cause trouble if they make themselves known.

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Very conservative I'd suggest !!!

To be honest that was on the hopeful side by me also! In theory, if the club get the ticketing absolutely right maybe there won't be so many...

5 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Absolutely.

Expected that a few SW based Man U will be in the home ends. It's how we deal with them that matters.

Will they bounce down the steps like the Leeds fan or chucked out at HT like Cardiff fans? 

Me personally, I'd say sit on your hands and shut up or be thrown out immediately - if you can't do the former - by stewards whether it's 2 mins, 45mins or 85mins.

Agreed on this.

Stewards if they spot them or they are reported to them, will have to act very quickly for a game such as this.

On 04/11/2017 at 18:25, nickolas said:

How about the welsh scumbags trying to break through the fencing behind the dolman after the game?!

PC plods busy videoing city fans standing there doing nothing while watching cardiff imbeciles shaking and climbing the gates. 

Funny how its the home fans that are treated as the hooligans. 

I got a coke bottle to the Noggin thrown from the cardiff side. Not to mention the kind donations of their bridge toll coins reigning down on us from the other side. 

yes your right instead of stopping those ******* climbing the fence they video our fans shouting back at them some of our fans elderly walking out the ground could have lost there eyes on saturday good ol local plod gives them lifts to the ground as with leeds fans marches them past our pubs to incite a reaction 

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Yes

Thanks. In that case it is disgusting as so many places to attack and run and the bottleneck lights at the end - unbelievable that anybody would consider that an appropriate place for both sets of fans to be - hence of course the reason for this thread.

Should be police presence every 10 yards - amateur thinking and terrible location !!

5 minutes ago, Neo said:

Thanks. In that case it is disgusting as so many places to attack and run and the bottleneck lights at the end - unbelievable that anybody would consider that an appropriate place for both sets of fans to be - hence of course the reason for this thread.

Should be police presence every 10 yards - amateur thinking and terrible location !!

They've put price up from £7 to £10 already and talking about £25 for the man utd game.

Think people will be avoiding this area now for cost and safety reasons! 

Are Man U fans in the home end going to celebrate wildly with fist pumping at City fans, and giving it the big ‘un? Let’s face it, for us it’s a huge, huge game, for a dedicated Man U fan, a goal against ‘lowly’ Bristol City is hardly going to get a wild inhibited celebration. During th game or walking back to their cars after  

Should there be opposition fans in our end, I would hope they would remain respectful to where they are and who they are surrounded by. A Crystal Palace fan was sat in front of me with his bcfc supporting friend. He celebrated their opener by clapping whilst remaining seated. Only this action and his ‘cor blimey guvnor’ accent gave him away. There was no trouble and he was quite happy to chat with fans around him. He did leave as the 4th goal went in though.

fingers crossed that things pass peacefully in December. There will be Man U fans dotted around all 3 home stands let’s just not rise to it, if they celebrate too wildly or start getting chopsey, report to a steward and let them handle it. I would hate this evening to be ruined regardless of the result. 

2 hours ago, Neo said:

There are police by the traffic lights and there was one policeman on a motorcycle by the entrance to the Cardiff coaches.

I asked him what he was going to do about the Cardiff fan screaming at the little kid but he didn't want to know because he was on his own.

It's ridiculous there are no police there .city fans Sat in there cars are like sitting ducks when hundreds of away fans March past.

It's only a matter of time before a major incident occurs.

As the Kaiser chiefs sang"i predict a riot"

Where is the policewoman on here.would be good to hear her thoughts?

6 minutes ago, forbespm said:

There are police by the traffic lights and there was one policeman on a motorcycle by the entrance to the Cardiff coaches.

I asked him what he was going to do about the Cardiff fan screaming at the little kid but he didn't want to know because he was on his own.

It's ridiculous there are no police there .city fans Sat in there cars are like sitting ducks when hundreds of away fans March past.

Exactly what I have posted previously reference the Police officer. It's not bloody rocket science, is it? It's hard enough to park anywhere near the ground these days & while taking my son to the games now, I'm thinking twice about parking there again. Would be nice to get some answers. COYR 

11 hours ago, Simon79 said:

Exactly what I have posted previously reference the Police officer. It's not bloody rocket science, is it? It's hard enough to park anywhere near the ground these days & while taking my son to the games now, I'm thinking twice about parking there again. Would be nice to get some answers. COYR 

Yes.I need to park somewhere else when taking my son.

Unfortunately i have zero confidence in the police to look after my safety at Ashton Gate .I believe the senior officers are incompetent and just do not posses the skills or knowledge to deal with large crowds/disorder are we looking at a potential Hillsborough ???

It scares me when i witness some of the decisions being made. 

13 hours ago, forbespm said:

I'm surprised no-one has tagged her in here as yet.  I saw that she responded recently on the other aggro thread so would be useful to get a line on this one.

@JulieH can you talk us through this one please?

• Admin
48 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

was sat near them started giving large when they scored phoning an waving to there mates in atyeo till the stewards took them out half time

I missed this on the day, what area of the stand was it @RobintheRed Red ?

30 minutes ago, DOLMANDAN said:

Unfortunately i have zero confidence in the police to look after my safety at Ashton Gate .I believe the senior officers are incompetent and just do not posses the skills or knowledge to deal with large crowds/disorder are we looking at a potential Hillsborough ???

It scares me when i witness some of the decisions being made. 

@DOLMANDAN it's not a pleasant thing to read - nobody should feel like this going to a football match

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

I missed this on the day, what area of the stand was it @RobintheRed Red ?

@DOLMANDAN it's not a pleasant thing to read - nobody should feel like this going to a football match

Of course no one should feel like this but I imagine a lot do. While our police stand preening on the steps separating home support from uhm home support, potential flashpoints are left un policed and dangerous. And all the while no one answers the questions being asked. They should all be politicians

On 11/4/2017 at 21:28, Harry said:

If someone smashed my window with my kid in the car I'd get out and have the following words : 

"Oi, what's the ******* matter with you, you ******* cock, there's a ******* 5 year old child sat in this car you *****". 

I'll guarantee you, everyone in the vicinity will back you up, Welsh, Leeds, Siamese, whatever. 

Rather than complain to an anonymous forum, get out the car and stand up for yourself. 

Sorry if that sounds bad to anyone, but seriously, stand up for yourself. The public will back you up. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETqncRvQHWk

Archived